- Volume 16 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Oral health-related quality of life in social welfare workers according to oral health status
일부 사회복지시설 종사자의 구강건강상태에 따른 구강건강관련 삶의 질
Song, Ae-Hee;Youn, Hye-Jeong;Lim, Sun-A
- Received : 2016.02.11
- Accepted : 2016.04.05
- Published : 2016.04.30
Objectives: The purpose of the study was to investigate the influencing factors of oral health-related quality of life in social workers. Methods: A self-reported questionnaire was completed by 240 social workers in Gwangju by convenience sampling method. The questionnaire consisted of general characteristics of the subjects(age, monthly salary, smoking, alcohol consumption) and systemic health condition(systemic diseases, medication, oral health status, and stress). The factors associated with oral health-related quality of life included skin dryness, eye dryness, lip dryness, and nasal dryness. The subjective dry mouth consisted of 6 questions measured by visual analogue scale(VAS). Cronbach's alpha was 0.868 in the study. The data were analyzed for t-test, one-way ANOVA and multiple regression analysis using SPSS 18.0 program. Results: The oral health-related quality of life in social workers varied by age, oral health status, stress status, and halitosis. The oral health-related quality of life had positive correlations with the subjective perception of dry mouth and whole body dry symptoms. The health status(
body dryness;dry mouth;oral health related quality of life;oral health status
- Slade GD, Spencer AJ. Development and evaluation of the oral health impact profile. Community dental health 1994; 11: 3-11.
- Locker D. Measuring oral health: a conceptual framework. Community Dent Health 1988; 5: 3-18.
- Kushnir D, Zusman SP, Robinson PG. Validation of a Hebrew version of the oral health impact profile 14. Journal of public health dentistry 2004; 64: 71-5. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1752-7325.2004.tb02730.x
- Kim Y-N, Kwon H-K, Chung W-G, Cho Y-S, Choi Y-H. The association of perceived oral health with oral epidemiological indicators in Korean adults. J Korean Acad Oral Health 2005; 29: 250-60.
- Slade GD. Derivation and validation of a short--form oral health impact profile. Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 1997; 25: 284-90. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-0528.1997.tb00941.x
- Song KH, Kim KY. A study on the evaluation quality of life in Korean adults J Korean Acad of Dent Hyg 2007; 9: 47-72.
- Jeon KH LJ, Lee JE. Oral health-related quality of life (OHIP-14) according to smoking. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg. 2015; 15: 889-98. http://dx.doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2015.15.05.889. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2015.15.05.889
- Kim SS, Youn HJ. Associated factors of self-reported dry mouth in adults. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2015; 15: 55-62. http://dx.doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2015.15.01.55. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2015.15.01.55
- Kim ME. The effect of job stress in jobholders on xerostomia. J Korean Acad Oral Health 2012; 12: 1-15.
- Kim JE. The impact of job stress on mental health of social workers. [Master's thesis], Deagu(DG): Univ of Kyungpook, 2012.
- Richmond S, Chestnutt I, Shennan J, Brown R. The relationship of medical and dental factors to perceived general and dental health. Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 2007; 35: 89-97. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-0528.2007.00296.x
- Lim SA, Jung EJ, Youn HJ. Influencing factors of self-reported dry mouth in the employees in social welfare facilities J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2015; 15: 671-7. http://dx.doi.org/10.13065.jksdh.2015.15.04.671. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2015.15.04.671
- Lee JY, Lee YO, Kho HS. Reliability of a questionnaire for evaluation of dry mouth symptoms. Korean J Oral Med 2005; 30: 383-9.
- Han JS, Hong JH, Choi JS. Factors associated with self-assessment of halitosis in adult. J Korea Contents Association 2011; 11: 347-56. http://dx.doi.org/10.5392/jkca.2011.11.12.347.
- Lee EG Park JH, Park JR, Park JY. A study on OHIP-14 and EQ-5D of residents in some rural areas. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2011; 11: 197-211.
- Song KH. A study on the evaluation of health and oral health related quality of life in Korean adults. J Korean Acad Dent Hyg 2007; 9: 47-72.
- Locker D, Clarke M, Payne B. Self-perceived oral health status, psychological well-being, and life satisfaction in an older adult population J Dent Res 2000; 79: 970-5. https://doi.org/10.1177/00220345000790041301
- Kim YH, Lee JH. A study on the OHIP-14 of some local women impact on the EQ-5D for review. J Korean Acad Oral Health 2015; 39: 180-5. http://dx.doi.org/10.11149/jkaoh.2015.39.3.180. https://doi.org/10.11149/jkaoh.2015.39.3.180
- Kwon HJ Yoon MS. Relationship of depression, stress, and self-esteem with oral health-related quality of life of middle aged women. J Korean Hyg Sci. 2015; 15: 825-35. http://dx.doi.org/10.17135/jdhs.2015.15.6.825.
- Kim SH LS, Park SJ, Kim DK. Assessment oral Health-related quality of life using the Oral Health Impact Profile(OHIP). J Korean Acad Oral Health. 2004; 28: 559-69.
- Lee MR, Choi JS. Self-reported halitosis and the associated factors in adults. J Dent Hyg Sci 2013; 13(2): 142-50.
- Suzuki N, Yoneda M, Naito T, Iwamoto T, Hirofuji T. Relationship between halitosis and psychologic status. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 2008; 106: 542-7. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tripleo.2008.03.009
- Bollen CM, Beikler T. Halitosis: the multidisciplinary approach. International journal of oral science 2012; 4: 55-63. https://doi.org/10.1038/ijos.2012.39
- Park MS, Ryu SA. Degree of dry mouth and factors influencing oral health-related quality of life for communitydwelling elders J Korean Acad Nurs 2010; 40: 747-55. http://dx.doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2010.40.5.747. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2010.40.5.747