- Volume 16 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Influence of working environment on infection control activities in dental hygienists
치과위생사의 근무환경이 감염관리활동에 미치는 영향
Choi, Eun-Mi;Noh, Hie-Jin;Chung, Won-Gyun;Mun, So-Jung
- Received : 2015.08.27
- Accepted : 2016.04.14
- Published : 2016.04.30
Objectives: The objective of the study was to infection control by analyzing the influence of working environment on infection control activities in the dental hygienists. Methods: The cross-sectional study was based on a survey on a total of 377 dental hygienists working in dental settings. Multiple linear regression analysis was performed to examine the relationship of general characteristics and infection control activities. All statistical analyses were performed using the SPSS for Windows version 20.0, and p<0.05 was considered to be significant. Results: Predictive powers(=Adjusted
dental hygienist;infection control activities;working environment
- Scheckler WE, Brimhall D, Buck AS, Farr BM, Friedman C, Garibaldi RA et al. Requirements for infrastructure and essential activities of infection control and epidemiology in hospitals: Aconsensus penel report. Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America. Am J Infect Control 1998; 26(1): 47-60. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0196-6553(98)70061-6
- Bae SS, Lee MS. Study on elements for effective infection control at dental hospitals. J korean Acad Dent Hygiene 2011; 11(4): 557-69.
- Kohn WG, Collins AS, Cleveland JL, Harte JA, Eklund KJ, Malvitz D. Guidelines for infection control in dental health-care setting 2003. 1and ed. Atlanta: CDC; 2003: 1-61.
- Ministry of Health & Welfare, MW DB, Dental infection control[Internet]. [cited 2015 jan5. Availablefrom: http://www.mohw.go.kr/front_new/al/sal0101vw.jsp?PAR_MENU_ID=04&MENU_ID=040101&BOARD_ID=110&BOARD_FLAG=00&CONT_SEQ=38581&page=1.
- Kang MW. National survey and development of standardized practice on the infection control in korea. 1and ed. Gwacheon: Ministry of Health and Welfare; 2004: 5-220.
- Korea institute for healthcare accreditation, KOIHA DB, Dental Hospital Accreditation[Internet]. [cited 2015 jan 5]. Available from: https://koiha.or.kr/home/data/data/doList.act?boardtype=05.
- Heo DA, Lee JL, Huh EH, Moon KW. Problems of the middle east respiratory syndrome outbreak from the perspective of environmental health - focusing on control of indoor air quality in hospitals. J Environ Health Sci 2015; 41(3): 216-21.
- Cho YJ. Study on infection control practices amang dental hygienists[Master's thesis]. Seoul: Univ. of Korea, 2004.
- Choi YS, Jun BH, Cho YS. Effect of infection control practice on exposure prevention of dental hygienist. J korean Soc Dent Hyg 2010; 10(2): 255-68.
- King TB, Muzzin KB. A national survey of dental hygienists' infection control attitudes and practices. J Dent Hyg 2005; 79(2): 1-13.
- Kim KM, Jung JY, Hwang YS. A study on the state of infection control in dental clinic. J korean Soc Dent Hyg 2007; 7(3): 213-30.
- Hwang JH. Knowledge and compliance with infection control among dental hygienists[Master's thesis]. Seoul: Univ. of Yonsei, 2008.
- Yoo HN, Kang KH. The Implementation Status of Dental Treatment Infection Control Standards of Dental Hygienists. The Korea Society of Digital Policy and Management 2013; 11(12): 649-56.
- Ellen, D, Raula B. Safety Standards and Infection Control for Dental Hygienists. 1and ed. Stamford, Connecticut: Delmar Thomson Learning; 2002: 1-239.
- Eun JH, Bea JY. Investigation about the Actual Prevention of Infection and Vaccination against B-type Hepatitis among Dental Workers in Daegu. J korean Acad Dent Hygiene Education 2005; 5(2): 219-33.
- Park YN, Min HH, Lee HJ. A research on the actual condition on Dental Waste Treatment of dental hygienes. J korean Soc Dent Hyg 2006; 6(1): 37-48.
- Park JH, Heo NS, Song HJ. A study of current infection control by dental hygienists and related factors. J korean Soc Dent Hyg 2011; 11(6): 993-1003.
- Survey of the knowledge, safety climate, and compliance with hospital infection standard precautions among dental hygienists vol.41, pp.4, 2017, https://doi.org/10.11149/jkaoh.2017.41.4.237