- Volume 65 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Analysis of the Fixed Frequency LCL-type Converter at Continuous Current Mode Including Parasitic Losses
연속전류모드에서 기생손실들을 고려한 고정주파수 LCL형 컨버터 해석
Park, Sangeun;Cha, Hanju
- Received : 2016.01.14
- Accepted : 2016.04.07
- Published : 2016.05.01
This paper analyzes an LCL-type isolated dc-dc converter operating for constant output voltage in the continuous conduction mode(CCM) with resistances of parasitic losses-static drain-source on resistance of power switch, ESR of resonant network(L-C-L)-using a high loaded quality factor Q assumptions and fourier series techniques. Simple analytical expressions for performance characteristics are derived under steady-state conditions for designing and understanding the behavior of the proposed converter. The voltage-driven rectifier is analyzed, taking into account the diode threshold voltage and the diode forward resistance. Experimental results measured for a proposed converter at low input voltage and various load resistances show agreement to the theoretical performance predicted by the analysis within maximum 4% error. Especially in the case of low output voltages and large loads, It is been observed that introduction of both rectifier and the parasitic components of converter had considerable effect on the performance.
LCL;Quality factor(Q);Performance;ESR;Rectifier;Parasitic components
- A. K. S. Bhat, and M. M. Swamy, "Analysis and Design of a High-Frequency Parallel Resonant Converter Operating above Resonance," IEEE Applied Power Electronic Conf. Record, pp.182-189, Feb. 1988.
- A. K. S. Bhat, and M. M. Swamy, "Analysis and Design of a Parallel Resonant Converter Including the effect of High-Frequency Transformer," IEEE Trans. On Industrial Electronics, vol.37, no.4, p297-306, August 1990.
- ROBERT L. STEIGERWALD "A Comparison of Half-Bridge Resonant Converter Topologies," IEEE Trans. Power Electronics, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 174-p183, April 1988. https://doi.org/10.1109/63.4347
- Stanislaw Jalbrzykowski, Antoni Bogdan, and Tadeuz, "A Dual full-Bridge Resonant Class-E Bidirectional DC-DC Converter," IEEE Trans. On Industrial Electronics, vol. 58, no. 9, pp. 3879-3883, Sep. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2010.2100335
- Mangesh Borge, Sunil Tiwari, and Swarna Kotaiah, "Analysis and Design of LCL-T Resonant Converter as a Constant-Current Power Supply," IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics, vol .52, no. 6, pp. 1547-p1554, Dec. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2005.858729
- M. Borge, S. Tiwar, and S Kotaiah, "Constant- current, constant-voltage half-bridge resonant power supply for capacitor charging", IEE Proc.-Electr: Power Appl., vol. 153, no. 9, pp. 343-p347, May. 2006.
- M. Borge, S. K. V. Nagesh, M. S. Bhatia, and S Sunil Tiwari, "Design of LCL-T Resonant Converter Including the effect Transformer Winding Capacitance," IEEE Trans. on industrial electronics, vol. 56, no. 5, pp. 1420-p1427, May. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2009.2012417
MARIAN K. KAZIMIERCZUK, WOJCIECH & SHAN WANG, "Analysis and Design of Parallel Resonant Converter at High
$Q_L$," IEEE Trans. on aerospace and electronic systems, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 35-p50, January 1992. https://doi.org/10.1109/7.135431
- Robert W.Erickson and Dragan Maksimovic, "Fundamental of Power Electronics", University of Colorado, 2nd Ed., 2000.
- James W. Nilsson and Susan A. Riedel, "Electric Circuit 5th Edition", ISBN 0-201-55707-X, Addison- Wesley Publishing Company.