- Volume 65 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Design and Implementation of a Control System for the Interleaved Boost PFC Converter in On-Board Battery Chargers
차량 탑재형 배터리 충전기의 인터리브드 부스트 PFC 컨버터 제어시스템 설계 및 구현
Lee, Jun Hyok;Jung, Kwang-Soon;Lee, Kyung-Jung;Jung, Jae Yeop;Kim, Ho Kyung;Hong, Sung-Soo;Ahn, Hyun-Sik
- Received : 2016.02.11
- Accepted : 2016.04.19
- Published : 2016.05.01
In this paper, we propose a digital controller design process for the interleaved type of a boost PFC (Power Factor Correction) converter which can disperse the heat of the switching devices due to the interleaved topology. We establish a mathematical model of a boost PFC converter and propose a controller design method based on the root locus. The performance of the designed controller is verified by simulations. The measurement of the input voltage, inductor currents, and the converter output link voltage are needed for the control of the converter system which consists of a power unit and a control unit where a high-performance 32-bit microcontroller is used. The adjustment of A/D conversion timing is also needed to avoid high frequency noise generated when the switches on/off. It is illustrated by the real experiments that the designed control system with the properly adjusted ADC timing satisfies the given performance specifications of the interleaved boost PFC converter in the on-board slow battery charger.
OBC(On Board Charger);Interleaved Boost PFC Converter;Digital Controller;Root Locus;A/D Conversion
- K. Higuchi, K. Nakano, T. Kajikawa, E. Takegami, S. Tomioka, K. Watanabe: "A New Design of Robust Digital Controller for DC-DC Converters", IFAC 16th Triennial World Congress, (CD-ROM), 2005.
- S. Lee, "Demystifying Type II and Type III Compensators Using OpAmp and OTA for DC/DC Converters", Texas Instruments SLVA662, pp. 2-8, 2014.
- K. Naveenkumar R, H. Vijay Murthy, and A. P. Raju. "PLC based intelligent power factor correctors for industrial power systems-A case study." Power and Advanced Control Engineering (ICPACE), 2015 International Conference on. pp. 75-79, 2015.
- J.C. Mayo-Maldonado, R. Salas-Cabrera, J.C. Rosas- aro, J. De Leon-Morales, E.N. Salas-Cabreram, "Modelling and control of a DC-DC multilevel boost converter", IET Power Electronics, pp. 693-700, 2011.
- O. Garcia, J. A. Cobos, R. Prieto, P. Alou, and J.Uceda, "Single phase power factor corrections: a survey", IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol. 18, No. 3, pp. 749-755, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2003.810856
- L. Huber and D. Borojevic, "Space vector modulated three-phase to three-phase matrix converter with input power factor correction," IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., Vol. 31, No. 6, pp. 1234-1246, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.475693
- IEC 61000-3-2, International Standard, Edition 1.2, 1998.
- Y. Jang and M. Jovanovic. "Interleaved Boost Converter With Intrinsic Voltage-Doubler Characteristic for Universal-Line PFC Front End", IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol. 22, NO. 4, pp 1394-1401, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2007.900502
- L. Huber, B. T. Irving, and M. M. Jovanovic, "Open-loop control methods for interleaved DCM/CCM boundary boost PFC converters," IEEE Trans. Power Electron. , Vol. 23, No. 4, pp. 1649-1657, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2008.924611
- S. Choudhury, "Average current mode controlled power factor correction converter Using TMS320LF2407A", Texas Instruments Application Note SPRA902A, pp. 1-14, 2005.
- J. Zhou, Z. Lu, Z. Lin, Y. Ren, Z. Qian, and Y. Wang, "Novel Sampling Algorithm for DSP Controlled 2 kW PFC Converter", IEEE Transaction Power Electronics, vol. 16, No. 2, pp. 217-222, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1109/63.911145
- David M. V. Sype, K. Gusseme, A. P. V. Bossche, and J. A.A. Melkebeek, "A Sample Algorithm for Digitally Controlled Boost PFC Converters", IEEE Transaction Power Electronics, vol. 19, No. 3, pp. 649-657, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2004.826439
- J. H. Kim, T. J, "Analysis of Current Ripple for Two-Phase Interleaved Boost PFC". 전The Transactions of the Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers Vol. 61P, No. 3, pp122-128, 2012.
- S. Abdel-Rahman, F. Stuckler and K. Siu, "PFC boost converter design guide", Infineon-ApplicationNote, 2014.
- L. Solero, "Nonconventional On-Board Charger for Electric Vehicle Propulsion Batteries", IEEE Transactions on vehicular technology, Vol. 50, No 1, pp. 144-149, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1109/25.917904
- J. S. Kim, G. Y. Choe, H. M. Jung, B. K. Lee, Y. J. Cho, and K.B. Han, "Design and implementation of a high-efficiency on-board batterycharger for electric vehicles with frequency control strategy," in Proc. IEEE Veh. Power Propulsion Conf., pp. 1-6, 2010.
Supported by : 정보통신기술진흥센터