- Volume 65 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Transient Characteristics of a Transformer Type SFCL Applying the Superconductor and the Normal-conductor into the Secondary Winding
초전도체 및 상전도체의 변압기 2차측 적용에 따른 변압기형 SFCL 특성 비교
Jung, Byung-Ik;Choi, Hyo-Sang
- Received : 2016.03.21
- Accepted : 2016.03.30
- Published : 2016.05.01
This paper proposed the structure that applied superconductors to the neutral line of a transformer and applied the normal conductors to the third line. The superconductor applied to the neutral line of a transformer limited the peak value of initial fault current, while the normal conductor finally limited the fault current. In order to secure the operating reliability of transformer type Superconducting Fault Current Limiter (SFCL) of previously proposed structure, we analyzed the operating characteristics according to the fault types. We tested a line-to-ground fault and a line-to-line fault. As a result of the experiment, all the faults showed that the superconductor stably limited the peak-value of initial fault current. Also, the normal conductor finally limited the fault current. Based on this research results, We thought that if the structure of inserting superconductor into the neutral line is applied to the real system, it could improve the reliability and stability of the power system.
- T. Hara, T. Okuma, T. Yamamoto, D. Ito K. Tasaki, and K. Tsurunaga, "Development of a new 6.6kV/1500A class superconducting fault current limiter for electric power system," IEEE Trans, Appl. Power Delivery. vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 188-198, 1993.
- H. R. Kim, H. S. Choi, H. R. Lim, I. S. Kim, O. B. Hyun, "Ini-tial quench development in uniform Au/Y-Ba-Cu-O thin films, IEEE Trans, Appl. Superconduct, vol. 11, pp. 2414-2417, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1109/77.920349
- H. R. Kim, S. W. Yim, S. Y. Oh, O. B. Hyun, "Recovery in superconducting fault current limiters at low applied voltages," IEEE Trans. Appl. Superconduct, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 656-659, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TASC.2008.920809
- B. I. Jung, H. S. Choi and Y. S. Cho, D. C. Chung, "Current Limitation and Power Burden of a Flux-Coupling Type SFCL in the Three-Phase Power System According to Turn's Ratio and Fault Type," IEEE Trans. Appl. Superconduct, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 1225-1228, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TASC.2010.2090438
- S. G. Choi, K. H. Ha and H. S. Choi, "Analysis of Recovery Characteristics of Three-Phase Transformer Type SFCL per Types of Faults According to Reclosing System" IEEE Trans. Appl. Superconduct, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 5601204, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TASC.2011.2176702
- J. S. Kim, S. H. Lim, J. C. Kim, "Comparative Analysis on Current Limiting Characteristics of Hybrid Superconducting Fault Current Limiters (SFCL) with First Half Cycle Limiting and Non-Limiting Operations," JEET. vol. 7, no. 5, pp. 653-806, 2012.
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea(NRF)