- Volume 12 Issue 1
Since the importance of eco-friendly architecture is rapidly increasing, BIM receives significant attention as an alternative that would derive the practical results and apply the design values of eco-friendly design elements to the architectural design process. Therefore, this study establishes an Integrated Design System based on Green BIM by applying the eco-friendly design values logically and systemically. The study also proposes practical case studies to examine the possibility of application. As a result, the framework of Green based Integrated Design System(gbIDS) and a prototype of Web-based gbIDS were developed to improve the working environment of small architectural firms.
Building Information Modeling(BIM);Integrated Design System(IDS);gbXML;Architectural Design Process and Building Energy Saving
- S. W. Shin, Sustainable Building Technology, Sustainable Building Research Center, South Korea, 2007.
- G. Peter, Sustainable Energy System in Architectural Design, McGraw-Hill, New York, 2006.
- S. J. Woo and Y. D. Yu, “A Study on the Model of a Building-Envelope Structural Modification System to Increase Energy Efficiency at the Schematic Design Stage,” Journal of Asian Architecture and Building Engineering, vol. 12, no. 2, 2013, pp. 189-196. https://doi.org/10.3130/jaabe.12.189
- N. E. Lee, H. S. Han, and B. L. Ahn, “A Study on Cooling Energy Saving Measures using Simulation and Metered Data of Existing Building,” Journal of the Architecture Institute of Korea (Planning & Design), vol. 29, no. 4, 2013, pp. 235-242.
- S. J. Woo, S. M. Yoon, and J. W. Choi, “A Study on the Development of gbXML and Web based Analysis Tool(EZero) for the Estimate of Building Energy Needs and CO2 Emissions,” Journal of the Architecture Institute of Korea (Planning & Design), vol. 29, no. 8, 2013, pp. 251-258.
- Y. H. Lee and J. Y. Chun, “Selection and Process for the Applicable Performance Items of Remodeling Apartment Project,” Journal of the Architecture Institute of Korea (Planning & Design), vol. 25, no. 11, 2009, pp. 79-88.
- C. Eastman, P. Teicholz, R. Sacks, and K. Liston, BIM Handbook, John Wiley & Sons, Inc: Hoboken, New Jersey, 2008.
- S. J. Woo, “A Study on the Systematization and Establishment of Constituent Design Element of Integrated Design Process for BIM at Early Design Stage,” Journal of the Architecture Institute of Korea (Planning & Design), vol. 27, no. 1, 2011, pp. 65-72.
- J. Yudelson, Green Building Through Integrated Design, McGraw-Hill, New York, 2009.
- E. Krygiel and B. Nies, Green BIM, Wily Technology Pub, Indianapolis, 2008.
- Autodesk (Building Design Suite). Available online: http://www.autodesk.com/suites/building-designsuite/overview
- Autodesk (AutoCAD). Available online: http://www.autodesk.com/products/autocad/overview
- buildingSMART. Available online : http://www.buildingsmart-tech.org/specifications/ifcverview
- gbXML. Available online: http://www.gbxml.org/
- Y. S. Jung and M. H. Joo, “Building information modeling(BIM) framework for practical implementation,” Automation in Construction, vol. 20, no. 2, 2011, pp. 126-133. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.autcon.2010.09.010
- Y. Ho. Kim and J. W. Park, HVAC System 2nd ed, BoSung Ga, South Korea, 1999.
- M. J. Kim, K. H. Lee, and C. B. Son, “An Status Analysis on the BIM Utilization and Improvement Measures in Domestic Architects,” Journal of the Architecture Institute of Korea (Planning & Design), vol. 30, no. 8, 2014, pp. 79-86. https://doi.org/10.5659/JAIK_PD.2014.30.10.79
- A. Yezioro, B. Dong, and F. Leite, “An applied artificial intelligence approach toward assessing building performance simulation tools,” Energy and Building, vol. 40, no. 4, 2008, pp. 612-620. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enbuild.2007.04.014
- N. Ghrab Morcos, “CHEOPS: a simplified tool for thermal assessment of Mediterranean residential building in hot and cold seasons,” Energy and Building, vol. 37, no. 6, 2005, pp. 651-662. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enbuild.2004.09.020
- H. William, HVAC, 2nd ed, R.S. Means Company, USA, 1994.
- K. N. Lee and S. J. Lee, “A Study on the Improvement of HVAC System Design and Operation Strategies through Thermal Environment Assessment of an Office Building,” Journal of the Architecture Institute of Korea (Planning & Design), vol. 30, no. 2, 2014, pp. 277-284. https://doi.org/10.5659/JAIK_PD.2014.30.2.277
- S. Y. Song and S. J. Lee, “Cost Efficiency Analysis of Design Elements for an Energy efficient Apartment Complex and Establishment of Design Models,” Journalof the Architecture Institute of Korea (Planning & Design), vol. 24, no. 11, 2008, pp. 329-340.
- F. Chlea, A. Husaunndee, C. Inard, and P. Riederer, “A new methodology for the design of low energy buildings,” Energy and Building, vol. 41, no. 9, 2009, pp. 982-990. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enbuild.2009.05.001
- EnergyPlus Energy Simulation Software. Available online: http://apps1.eere.energy.gov/buildings/energyplus/
- J. H. Lee, SQL Server, Young Jin, South Korea, 1999.
- S. J. Woo, “A Study of Decision Algorithm for Optimum Envelope Part in Energy Saving Design by Envelope Changing of Apartment Housing,” Journal of the Architecture Institute of Korea, vol. 25, no. 10, 2009, pp. 297-305.
- Y. G. Choi, Novel C# 3rd ed, JABOOK, South Korea, 2009.
- H. L. Cho, Beginer C# 200, Information Publishing Group, South Korea, 2010.
- J. Y. Ahn and L. A. Lee, MS Access 2000, Dea Moung, South Korea, 2004.