- Volume 30 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Strength Assessment of High-Pressure Ball Valve for Topside Process Unit
해양플랜트 탑사이드용 고압 볼밸브에 대한 구조 안전성 평가
Oh, Jeong-Sik;Kim, Yooil;Jeong, Nakshin;Kim, Sangmyung
- Received : 2016.03.10
- Accepted : 2016.04.22
- Published : 2016.04.30
A high-pressure ball valve was developed, and both the structural strength and sealing performance were assessed based on a nonlinear finite element analysis. Different parts were modeled with solid elements and assembled, taking into account both contact and sliding effects. Three different loading scenarios were analyzed, including a high-pressure closure test and fire and shell test conditions. The structural safety of each part was checked under each loading condition, and the sealing performance was also investigated to validate the performance of the valve.
Ball valve;Sealing;Seat retainer;High pressure closure test;Finite element analysis
- Park, MS., Jeong, N, Kim, Y., Kim, Y.T., Hwang, I.S., Jo. S.W., Kim, S., Woo, I, 2015. A Study on Design of Seat Retainer for Improving Offshore Ball Valve Performance. Annual Spring Conference of SNAK, Jeju, Korea.
- ABAQUS, 2011. ABAQUS User's Manual. Dassault Systems.
- Kim, C.G., 2013. Finite Element Analysis on the Sealing Behavior and Endurance Safety of O-rings with a V-groove, Journal of the Korean Institute of Gas, 17(1), 73-80.
- Kim, D.S., Kim, M.S., 2013. Analysis and Design of Cryogenic Ball Valve. 7th JFPS International Symposium on Fluid Power, September, Toyama, Janpan.
- Kim, J.K., Hahm, S.D., Ryu C.U., 2007. A Study on Structural Analysis of Ball Valve for LNG Carrier. Journal of the Korean Society of Mechanical Technology, 9(4), 21-27.
- Ha, S.H., Kim, S.J., Song, J.I., 2014. Structure Analysis and Torque Reduction Design of Industrial Ball Valve. Journal of the Kiorean Society of Manufacturing Process Engineers, 13(6), 37-45. https://doi.org/10.14775/ksmpe.2014.13.6.037
- A Study on the Linearity Improvement of Flow Control Valve vol.30, pp.4, 2018, https://doi.org/10.13000/JFMSE.2018.08.30.4.1463