- Volume 30 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Study of Hull Form Development of Wave-Piercing-Type High-Speed Planing Boat
파랑관통형 고속활주선 선형개발에 관한 연구
Jeong, Uh-Cheul;Lee, Dong-Kun;Jung, Ki-Seok
- Received : 2015.12.16
- Accepted : 2016.04.11
- Published : 2016.04.30
A new wave-piercing-type high-speed planing boat without a chine was developed, and its basic performance was investigated in a model test, including the resistance, trim, and sinkage. The maximum speed of the developed ship was 35 knots. The hull form was developed by combining a VSV (very slender vessel) and TH (transonic hull), which have large deadrise angles at the bow. The main dimensions were estimated by a statistical approach using actual ship data. The effect of a side fin attached at the stern near the water line was investigated from a resistance point of view. It was found that the developed hull form showed the possibility of a new concept for a high-speed planing hull without a chine, and the side fin played an important role in increasing the resistance performance by controlling the trim and sinkage in the high-speed range.
Wave piercing type high speed planing boat;Hull form development;Side fin;Model test;Deadrise angle;Resistance performance
- Jeong, U.C., Park, J.W., Jeong, S.H., 2004. Hull Form Development of a Small-Size High-Speed Coastal Leisure Boat. Journal of Ocean Engineering and Technology, 18(1), 80-84.
- Alberto, A., Calderon, F., 2005. Patent No. 6843193 B1. United States Patent.
- Calderon, A., Hedd, L., 2011. Theoretical and Experimental Investigation on Resistance of Transonic Hulls. Proceeding of 9th HSMV, Naples, 25-27.
- Clement, E.P., 2004. The Plum Hulls. Boat Builder, 88, 82-95.
- Jeong, U.C., Park, J.W., Kim, K.S., 2008. Hull Form Development of 32-ft Class Leisure Boat by Statistical Analysis of Actual Ship. Journal of Ocean Engineering and Technology, 22(3), 58-63.
- Jeong, U.C., Kim, D.J., Choi, H.S., 2012. Study on Hull Form Development and Resistance Performance of High Speed Aluminum Leisure Boat. Journal of Ocean Engineering and Technology, 26(6), 14-18.
- Kim, D.J., Kim, S.Y., You, Y.J., Rhee, K.P., Kim, S.H., Kim, Y.G., 2013. Design of High-speed Planing Hulls for the Improvement of Resistance and Seakeeping Performance. International Journal of Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering, 5(1), 161-177. https://doi.org/10.3744/JNAOE.2013.5.1.161
- Kwon, S.Y., Jeong, U.C., Hong, K.S., Lee, H.J., Na, H.J., 2012. Study on Development of Control Fin of Longitudinal Position for High Speed Leisure Boat. Proceeding of KAOSTS, Daegu Korea, 1189-1192.
- Kihara, K., Ishii, T., 1986. A New Method of Initial Design for High Speed Craft(2). Transition of West Japan Society of Naval Architecture, 72, 293-300.
- Niwa, S., 2002. Engineering of High Speed Boat (Resistance and Propulsion). A Foundation of Ship and Ocean (in Japanese).
- Park, J.W., Jeong, U.C., Park, C.W., Kim, D.J., 2002. A Study on the Resistance Performance of 6.67 G/T Class Fishing Vessel in Low and Middle Speed Ranges. Proceedings of the Korea Committee for Ocean Resources and Engineering Conference, 89-93.
- Shinata, Y., 1992. Prior Research for High Speed of SZ Drive. Yanmar Technical News, 12, 5-10.
- Simizu, T., Sunamaya, Y., 1996. Research into the Propeller Strut for High Speed Outboard Motors. Suzuki Technical Review, 22, 72-78.
- Thompson, A., 1997. Patent No. 6116180. United States Patent.
- Study on Sea Trial Analysis of Wave Piercing High Speed Planing Boat vol.31, pp.5, 2017, https://doi.org/10.26748/KSOE.2017.10.31.5.335
Grant : 미래해양기술개발
Supported by : (주) 대원마린텍