- Volume 30 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Experimental Study of Heave Responses of Subsea Equipment during Installation Operation Using Offshore Crane
해상크레인을 이용한 다양한 해저 장비의 설치 작업 시 상하운동응답특성에 관한 모형 시험 연구
- Received : 2015.12.10
- Accepted : 2016.04.22
- Published : 2016.04.30
An experimental study on a subsea installation using an offshore crane was conducted. Concrete blocks, suction piles, and manifolds were considered in this study. Free decay tests were conducted to investigate the fluid characteristics of the subsea structures. The added masses of the structures were estimated. The motion response amplitudes of the subsea structures were compared for different structures and water depths. In addition, the dynamic tension transfer function of the crane wire was investigated. The root mean square values of the heave motion and the dynamic amplification factor of the wire tension were investigated in irregular waves.
Subsea equipment installation;Installation operation;Heave response;Offshore crane;Added mass
- Nam, B.W., Kim, N.W., Choi, Y.M., Hong, S.Y., Kim, J.W., 2015. An Experimental Study on Deepwater Crane Installation of Subsea Equipment in Waves. Proc. of the 25th Int. Ocean and Polar Engineering Conference, Kona, Hawaii, 1279-1283.
- Cha, J.H., Lee, K.Y., Ham, S.H., Roh, S.H., Park, M.I., Suh, H.W., 2009. Discrete Event/Discrete Time Simulation of Block Erection by a Floating Crane Based on Multibody System Dynamics. Proc. of the 19th Int. Offshore and Polar Engineering Conference, Osaka, Japan, 1, 678-685.
- Clauss, G.F., Vannahme, M., Ellermann, K., Kreuzer, E., 2000. Subharmonic Oscillations of Moored Floating Cranes. Offshore Technology Conference, Houston, Texas, OTC 11953.
- Rowe, S.J., Mackenzi, B., Snell, R., 2001. Deepwater Installation of Subsea Hardware. Proceedings of the 10th Offshore Symposium, Houston USA, 1-9.
- Kimiaei, M., JiaJing, X., Yu, H., 2009. Comparing the Results of a Simplified Numerical Model with DNV Guidelines for Installation of Subsea Platforms. Proceedinds of the 28th Int. Conf. on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering, Honolulu, Hawaii, OMAE2009-79356, 319-326.
- Nam, B.W., Hong, S.Y., Kim, Y.S., Kim, J.W., 2013. Effects of Passive and Active Heave Compensators on Deepwater Lifting Operation. International Journal of Offshore and Polar Engineering, 23(1), 33-37.