- Volume 17 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A method of Securing Mass Storage for SQL Server by Sharing Network Disks - on the Amazon EC2 Windows Environments -
네트워크 디스크를 공유하여 SQL 서버의 대용량 스토리지 확보 방법 - Amazon EC2 Windows 환경에서 -
Kang, Sungwook;Choi, Jungsun;Choi, Jaeyoung
- Received : 2015.08.12
- Accepted : 2016.02.12
- Published : 2016.04.30
Users are provided infrastructure such as CPU, memory, network, and storage as IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) service on cloud computing environments. However storage instances cannot support the maximum storage capacity that SQL servers can use, because the capacity of instances provided by service providers is usually limited. In this paper, we propose a method of securing mass storage capacity for SQL servers by sharing network disks with limited storage capacity. We confirmed through experiments that it is possible to secure mass storage capacity, which exceeds the maximum storage capacity provided by an instance with Amazon EBS on Amazon EC2 Windows environments, and it is possible to improve the overall performance of the SQL servers by increasing the disk capacity and performance.
Cloud Storage;SQL Server;Network disk sharing;Amazon EC2;Amazon EBS
- "Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud(Amazon EC2)," https://aws.amazon.com/ec2/
- "Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud Storage," http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSEC2/latest/UserGuide/Storage.html
- O.G. Min, H.Y. Kim, and G.H. Nam, "Trends in Technology of Cloud Computing (in Korean)," Electronics and Telecommunications Trends, Vol. 24, No. 4, Aug. 2009.
- "Amazon Instance Vloume Limits," http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSEC2/latest/UserGuide/volume_limits.html
- "Amazon EBS Volume Types," http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSEC2/latest/UserGuide/EBSVolumeTypes.html
- "SQL Server Database Files and Filegroups," https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms189563.aspx
- "Maximum Capacity Specifications for SQL Server," https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms143432(v= sql.110).aspx
- HDFS, "http://hadoop.apache.org/core/docs."
- "Amazon EC2 Instance," http://aws.amazon.com/ec2/instance-types/?nc2=h_ls
- "Amazon EC2 Instance Configuration," http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSEC2/latest/UserGuide/ebs-ec2-config.html
- "SQL Server Memory Server Configuration Options," https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms178067(v=sql.120).aspx
- "Description of support for network database files in SQL Server," https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/304261.
Supported by : 한국연구재단