- Volume 5 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Numerical model for nonlinear analysis of composite concrete-steel-masonry bridges
- Received : 2015.07.16
- Accepted : 2016.02.16
- Published : 2016.03.25
This paper firstly briefly describes developed numerical model for both static and dynamic analysis of planar structures made of concrete, steel and masonry. The model can simulate the main nonlinearity of such individual and composite structures. The model is quite simple and based on a small number of material parameters. After that, three real composite concrete-steel-masonry bridges were analyzed using the presented numerical model. It was concluded that the model can be useful in practical analysis of composite bridges. However, future verifications of the presented numerical model are desirable.
numerical model;concrete-steel-masonry composite bridges;static and dynamic analysis
- Radnic, J., Baloevic, G., Matesan, D. and Smilovic, M. (2013), "On a numerical model for static and dynamic analysis of in-plane masonry infilled steel frames", Mater. Sci. Eng. Technol., 44(5), 423-430.
- Radnic, J., Harapin, A., Matesan, D., Trogrlic, B., Smilovic, M., Grgic, N. and Baloevic, G. (2011), "Numerical model for analysis of masonry structure", Gradjevinar, 63(6), 529-546.
- Radnic, J., Harapin, A., Smilovic, M., Grgic, N. and Glibic, M. (2012), "Static and dynamic analysis of the old stone bridge in Mostar", Gradevinar, 64(8), 655-665.
- Song, M.K., Noh, H.C. and Choi, C.K. (2003), "A new three-dimensional finite element analysis model of high-speed train-bridge interactions", Eng. Struct., 25(13), 1611-1626. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0141-0296(03)00133-0
- Wang, W., Deng, L. and Shao, X. (2016), "Number of stress cycles for fatigue design of simply-supported steel I-girder bridges considering the dynamic effect of vehicle loading", Eng. Struct., 110, 70-78. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2015.11.054
- Yang, Y.B. and Yau, J.D. (1997), "Vehicle-bridge interaction element for dynamic analysis", J. Struct. Eng., 123(11), 1512-1518. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(1997)123:11(1512)
- Abdessemed, M., Kenai, S., Bali, A. and Kibboua, A. (2011), "Dynamic analysis of a bridge repaired by CFRP: Experimental and numerical modelling", Constr. Build. Mater., 25(3), 1270-1276. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2010.09.025
- Baloevic, G., Radnic, J. and Harapin, A. (2013), "Numerical dynamic tests of masonry-infilled RC frames", Eng. Struct., 50, 43-55. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2012.11.034
- Berchio, E., Ferrero, A. and Gazzola, F. (2016), "Structural instability of nonlinear plates modelling suspension bridges: Mathematical answers to some long-standing questions", Nonlinear Anal. Real World Applications, 28, 91-125. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nonrwa.2015.09.005
- Brownjohn, J.M.W. and Xia, P.Q. (2000), "Dynamic assessment of curved cable-stayed bridge by model updating", J. Struct. Eng. New York, 126(2), 252-260.
- Chung, W. and Sotelino, E.D. (2006), "Three-dimensional finite element modeling of composite girder bridges", Eng. Struct., 28(1), 63-71. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2005.05.019
- Cunha, A., Caetano, E. and Delgado, R. (2001), "Dynamic tests on large cable-stayed bridge", J. Bridge Eng., 6 (1), 54-62. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)1084-0702(2001)6:1(54)
- Fu, C. (2016), "Dynamic behavior of a simply supported bridge with a switching crack subjected to seismic excitations and moving trains", Eng. Struct., 110, 59-69. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2015.11.055
- HRN EN 1992-2:2013. Eurocode 2: Design of concrete structures--Part 2: Concrete bridges--Design and detailing rules.
- HRN EN 1993-2:2008. Eurocode 3: Design of steel structures--Part 2: Steel bridges.
- HRN EN 1994-2:2012. Eurocode 4: Design of composite steel and concrete structures--Part 2: General rules and rules for bridges.
- HRN EN 1998-2:2011. Eurocode 8: Design of structures for earthquake resistance--Part 2: Bridges.
- Hughes, T.J.R., Pister, K.S. and Taylor, R.L. (1979), "Implicit-explicit finite elements in nonlinear transient analysis", Comput. Method. Appl. M., 17-18, 159-182. https://doi.org/10.1016/0045-7825(79)90086-0
- Krstevska, L., Kustura, M. and Tashkov, Lj. (2008), "Experimental dynamic testing of the Old Bridge in Mostar", Proceedings of the International Scientific Symposium Modeling of Structures, Mostar, Bosnia and Herzegovina, November.
- Li, Y., Cai, C.S., Liu, Y., Chen, Y. and Liu, J. (2016), "Dynamic analysis of a large span specially shaped hybrid girder bridge with concrete-filled steel tube arches", Eng. Struct., 106, 243-260. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2015.10.026
Supported by : Ministry of Science, Education and Sport of Croatia