- Volume 38 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Variation of Disinfection-by-Prodcut in Distribution System and Evaluation of Correlation between Disinfection-by-Product and Physico-Chemical Parameters
관망에서의 소독부산물 변화와 관련 영향인자들의 상관관계 분석
- Song, Young Il ;
- Ann, Suna ;
- Ann, Seoungyun ;
- Seo, Daeguen ;
- Cho, Hyukjin ;
- Lee, Jaesung ;
- Choi, Ilwhan ;
- Shin, Changsoo ;
- Lee, Hee Suk
- Received : 2015.09.03
- Accepted : 2016.02.17
- Published : 2016.02.29
The distributed systems managed by K-water were surveyed to study the characteristic of disinfection-by-product (Trihalomethans & Haloacetic acids) formation and the correlations between the concentrations of disinfection-by-product and physico-chemical parameters. Five distribted system were selected according to their water ages and the degree of deterioration of their pipelines. Total seven items including Trihalomethans (THMs), Haloacetic acids (HAAs), BDOC, DOC, pH, chlorine residual, and temperature were analysed in monthly basis. The concentration of organic matter were increased according to water age and pipeline deterioration in this study. The coefficient of determination between the decline of residual chlorine and the increase of water age was revealed as high. Also, the coefficient of determination between the decline rate of residual chlorine and the increase of the Trihalomethans concentration were studied as high. Furthermore the longer water age is the bigger the effect on Trihalomethans formation and temperature. However, the coefficient of determination between the concentraion of Haloacetic acid and water age, residual chlorine, and temperature were revealed as low in this study.
Trihalomethans (THMs);Haloacetic Acids (HAAs);Residual Chlorine;Residence Time of Water (Water Age)
- Jung, C. H. and Sohn, J. S., "A study on disinfection byroduct THMs, HAAs) formation & predicted modeling in water distribution system," in proceeding of the annual meeting of Korean Society on Water Quality, EXCO, Daegu, pp. 1143-1150(2006).
- Chang, H. S., Lee, D. W., Kim, C. M., Lee, I. S., Lee, S. W. and Park, H., "Characteristics of Disinfection Byproducts in Tap Water of Seoul," Korean Chem. Eng. Res., 44(2), 216-226(2006).
- Lee, S. H. and Kim H. G., "Variation of the Concentrations of Disinfection By-Products in a Municipal Water Supply System," in proceeding of the annual meeting of Korean Society on Water Quality, Korea University, Seoul, pp. 133-136(1999).
- Shin, D. C., Chung, Y., Choi, Y. H., Kim, J. S., Park, Y. S., Kum, H. J. and Jeon, H. K., "Assessment of Disinfection By-Products in Drinking Water in Korea," Korean Environ. Toxicol., 16(1), 1-8(2001). https://doi.org/10.1002/1522-7278(2001)16:1<1::AID-TOX10>3.0.CO;2-8
- Chang, H. S., Lee, D. W., Kim, C. M., Lee, I. S. and Park, H., "Characteristics of Disinfected Byproducts in Tap Water of Seoul," J. Inst. Ind. Technol., 12, 97-102(2004).
- Lee, J., Kim, E. S., Kim, K. R., Chung, S. N., Lee, M. H., Eom, S. W. and Zoh, K. D., "Characteristic of Occurrence of Disinfection Byproducts (DBPs) in Tap Water Supplies in Seoul," in proceeding of the annual meeting of Korean Society on Water Quality, Songdo Convensia, Incheon, pp. 483-484(2009).
- Williams, D. T., LeBel G. L. and Benoit, F. M., "Disinfection By-Products in Canadian Drinking Water," Chemosphere, 34(2), 299-316(1997). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0045-6535(96)00378-5
- LeBel, G. L., Benoit, F. M. and Williams, D. T., "A One-Year Survey of Hlogenated Disinfection By-Products in The Distribution System of Treatment Plants Using Three Different Disinfection Processes," Chemosphere, 34(11), 2301-2317(1997). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0045-6535(97)00042-8
- Rodriguez, M. J., Serodes J. B. and Levallois, P., "Behavior of trihalomethanes and haloacetic acids in a drinking water distribution system," Water Res., 38, 4376-4382(2004).
- Wei, J., Ye, B., Wang, W., Yang, L., Tao, J. and Hamg, Z., "Spatial and temporal evaluations of disinfection by-products in drinking water distribution systems in Beijing, China," Sci. Total Environ., 408, 4600-4606(2010). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2010.06.053
- Rodriguez, M. J. and Serodes, J., "Spatial and Temporal Evolution of Trihalomethanes in Three Water Distribution Systems," Wat. Res., 35(6), 1572-1586(2001). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0043-1354(00)00403-6
- Park, H. A., Lee, D. J., Kim, Y. I., Kim, J. H. and Kim, S. S., "Variation of Residual Chlorine Decay and THM Formation by Characteristic Change of Organic Matters in Advanced Treatment Process," in proceeding of the annual meeting of Korean Society on Water Quality, EXCO, Deagu, p. 96-105(2006).
- Kim, J. S., Choi, Y. W. and Chumg, Y., "DBPs Variation by Chlorination and Preozonation in Drinking Water," J. Korean Soc. Water Qual., 21(6), 676-681(2005).
- Park, J. H., Lee, J. B., Park, S. M., Lee, Y. H. and Ahn, K. H., "Occurance Characteristic of DBPs in Major Water Treatment Plants," In proceeding of the annual meeting of Korean Society on Water Quality, EHRD, Incheon, pp. 573-574(2011).
- Chung, Y., Shin, D. C., Yang, J. Y., Park, Y. S. and Kim, J. S., "Health Risk Assessment of Disinfection By-products by Chlorination In Tap Water Ingestion," Korean J. Environ. Toxical., 12(3-4), 31-41(1997).
- Hwang, S. H., Kwon, W. Y., Kim, H. K., Kim, T. S., Kim, S. K., Choi, J. H. and Pyo, H. S., "Monitoring and Risk Assessment of Disinfection By-products Found in Chlorinated Drinking Water in Korea," J. Korean Soc. Environ. Anal., 13(1), 11-20(2010).
- Ka, G. H., Bae, M. H., Lee, J. H., Ahn, C. H., Han, I. S. and Min, B. D., "A Study on Characterization of Formation and Reduction of THMs in Water Treatment Process," J. Korean Environ. Sci. Soc., 30(7), 721-728(2008).
- Lee, D. A., Lee, H. H., Yang S. I., Kim, K. S., Kim, Y. G., Lee, J. I. and Heo, N. C., "A Study to Minimize Chlorination Disinfection By-products in Tap Water," in proceeding of the annual meeting of Korean Society on Water Quality, Kimdaejung Convention Center, Gwangju, pp. 130-139(2005).
- Cho, S. J., Peung, J. I., Jung, K. Y., ahm, D. H. and Shim, M. J., "Evaluation on Trihalomethanes (THMs) Formation Potential in Raw Water," J. Korea Soc. Environ. Admin., 15(1), 7-15(2009).
- Chung, Y. and Kim, J. S., "The Effect of Physical Chemistry Factors on Formation of Disinfection by-products," Korean J. Environ., 14(10), 965-972(2005).
- Amy, T., Siddiqui M., Ozekin K. and Zhu, H. W., Empirically based models for predicting chlorination and ozonation by-product, USEPA Office of Groundwater and Drinking water, Cincinnati, OH(1998).
- Baribeau, H., Boulos, L., Haileselassie, H., Crozes, G., Singer, P., Nichols, C., Schelsinger, S., Gullick, R., Williams, S., Williams, R., Fountleroy, L., Andrews, S. and Moffat, E., Formation and Decay of disinfection by-products in the distribution system, AwwaRF & EPA(2006).