- Volume 38 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Scenarios for Environmental Instream Flow Considering Water Quality in Saemangeum Watershed
새만금유역의 수질을 고려한 환경유지용수의 시나리오 분석
- Received : 2015.12.30
- Accepted : 2016.03.04
- Published : 2016.03.31
In this study, analyzed scenarios of the environmental instream flow for water quality improvement in Saemangeum watershed. In order to get an environmental instream flow, Methodology is selected for Retention-Basin, reservoir expansion, new dam construction, Modification of water intake and drainage system, Rearrangement of plan for system which Yongdam and Seomjin river dam have been used water supply. The study composed of diverse scenario of Environmental instream flow increasement and analyzed the effect of improving the water quality by the QUAL2K model and calculation of runoff for saemangeum watershed by SWAT model. The following water quality indicators have been simulated in irrigation and non-irrigation period for BOD and T-P. When scenarios applied to water quality model, Improvement rate in the water quality for Total Maximum Daily loads of Mankyung B unit watershed during irrigation and non-irrigation period is BOD (28.70%), T-P (17.09%) and BOD (28.51%), T-P (28.68%) respectively. Dongjin A unit watershed during irrigation and non-irrigation period is BOD (14.39%), T-P (14.59%) and BOD (15.54%), T-P (19.46%) similary. Simulation results is to quantify the constribution of the improvement in the water quality. In particular, It was demonstrative that improving effect for water quality was evaluated to be great in non-irrigation period.
Saemangeum Basin;Environmental Instream Flow;QUAL2K;SWAT;Water Quality Improvement
- Jung, J. S., Park, Y. K. and Lee J. C., "Water Budget Analysis concerned with Environmental Maintenance Flow," J. Korean Soc. Environ. Eng., 20(8), 1051-1060(1998).
- Jeonbuk Development Institute, "Report of Environmental Instream flow security and management of the saemangeum Basin," Ministry of Environment(2014).
- Kim, Y. G., Park, S. G. and Pyo, Y. P., "The Study of Determination of Required Discharge in Tamjin River for Water Quality Preservation," J. Korean Soc. Water and Waste Water Treatment, 9(4), 19-28(2001).
- Nam, W. H., Choi, J. Y., Hong, E. M. and Kim, J. T., "Assessment of Irrigation Efficiencies using Smarter Water Management," J. Korean Soc. Agric. Eng., 55(4), 45-53(2013).
- Kim, G. H. and Lee, J. W., "Development of a Method for Determining the Instream Flow and Its Application: I. Estimation Method," J. Korean Soc. Water Resour. Assoc., 29(4), 161-176(1996).
- Kim, G. H. and Kim, S. M., "Development of a Method for Determining the Instream Flow and Its Application: II. Application and Result," J. Korean Soc. Water Resour. Assoc., 29(5), 185-202(1996).
- Choi, J. Y., "Function of Envirionmental Flows for Sustainable Water Resources Management," KEI Res. Brief, 6(2), 48-70(2007).
- Kim, G. H., "A study on instream flow for water quality improvement in lower watershed of Nam River Dam," J. Korean Soc. Water Environ., 30(1), 44-59(2014). https://doi.org/10.15681/KSWE.2014.30.1.044
- Kim, N. W. and K. C. G., "Derivation of Continuous Pollutant Loadograph using Distributed Model with 80Day Measured Flow and Water Quality Data of MOE," J. Korean Soc. Water Qual., 25(1), 125-135(2009).
- Jang, J. H., Yoon, C. G., Jung, K. W. and Lee, S. B., "Characteristics of Pollution Loading from Kyongan Stream Watershed by BASINS/SWAT," J. Korean Limnol., 42(2), 200-2011(2009).
- Jung, H., Park, S. C., Roh, K. B. and Moon, B. S., "Study on Water Quality prediction using Qual2K in Seomjin Basin," Civil Engineers Research Conference, pp. 912-916(2010).
- Shin, C. M., Na, E. H., Park, J. D., Lee, S. W., Jeong, J. H., Rhew, D. H. and Jeong, D. I., "Report of Application of parameters and coefficients of river water quality model for TMDL plan in Korea," National institute of environmental research(2008).
- Kannel, P. R., Lee, S., Lee, Y. S., Kanel, S. R. and Pelletier, G. J., "Application of automated QUAL2Kw for water quality modeling and management in the Bagmati River, Nepal," J. Ecol. Model., 202, 503-517(2007). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecolmodel.2006.12.033
- Chapra, S. C., Pelletier, G. J. and Tao, H., Qual2K : A modeling Framework for simulating River and Stream Water Quality., Version 2.11: Documentation and User Manual. Civil and Environmental Engineering Dept., Tufs University, Medford, MA, USA(2009).
- Hyundai Engineering and Isan Corp. "Report of Comprehensive Flood Management Plan in Mankyung Basin," Iksan Regional Construction Management Administration(2009).
- Korea Engineering Consultants Corp. and Kunhwa Engineering, "Report of Comprehensive Flood Management Plan in Dongjin Basin," Iksan Regional Construction Management Administration(2009).
- Mengistu, G. and John, E., "Effect of soil data resolution on SWAT model streamflow and water quality predictions," J. Environ. Manage., 88(3), 393-406(2007).
- Kim, T. Y. and Yoon, H. S., "Skill Assessments for Evaluating the Performance of the hydrodynamic Model," J. Korean Soc. Mar. Environ. Eng., 14(2), 107-113(2011). https://doi.org/10.7846/JKOSMEE.2011.14.2.107
- Jeollabuk-do, "Report of Water Resources Plan in Jeollabuk-do,"(2011).
- Kim, Y. J., Lee, J. H., Hwang, D. H., Song, J, Y. and Jang, P. H., "Report of A Study to Improve the Water Quality of the Saemangeum Using the Discharge of the Yongdam Dam," Korea Environment Institute(2013).
- Ning, S. K., Chang, N. B., Yang, L., Chen, H. W. and Hsu, H. Y., "Assessing pollution prevention program by QUAL2E simulation analysis for the Kao-Ping River Basin, Taiwan," J. Environ. Manage., 61(1), 61-76(2001). https://doi.org/10.1006/jema.2000.0397
- Beck, M. B., "Water Quality Modeling: A Review of the Analysis of Uncertainty," J. Water Resour. Res., 23(3), 1393-1442(1987). https://doi.org/10.1029/WR023i008p01393
- No, J. K., "A system for estimating daily paddy irrigation water requirements in simulating daily streamflow," J. Korean Soc. Agric. Eng., 26(7), 71-80(2004).
- Ahn, S. J., Kim, J. G., Yoon, S. H. and Kim, H. K.Korea Environment Institute, "River Water Quality Management Considering Instream flow," J. Korean Soc. Civil Engineers Research Conference, pp. 2580-2583(2005).
- No, J. K., "Planning for Securing Instreamflow of Gapcheon Stream in Daejeon," J. Korean Soc. Agric. Sci., 36(1), 87-98(2009).
- Berton, L. L. and Nicholas, P. L., "Strategic Use of Technical Information in Urban Instream Flow Plans," J. Water Resour. Plann. Manage., 113(1), 42-52(1987). https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9496(1987)113:1(42)
- Momblanch, A., Arquiola, J. P., Munne, A., Manzano, A., Arnau, J. and Andreu, J., "Managing water quality under drought conditions in the Liobregat River Basin," Sci. Total Environ., 503-504, 300-318(2015). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2014.06.069
- Lai, Y. C., Tu, Y. T., Yang, C. P., Surampalli, R. Y. and Kao, C. M., "Development of a water quality modeling system for river pollution index and suspended solid loading evaluation," J. Hydrol., 478(25), 89-101(2013). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhydrol.2012.11.050
- Cude, C. G., "Oregon water quality index: a tool for evaluating water quality management," J. Am. Water Resour. Assoc., 37(1), 315-318(2002).
- Optimal Management of Water Level for Water Quality Security in Saemangeum Basin vol.18, pp.5, 2018, https://doi.org/10.9798/KOSHAM.2018.18.5.301
Supported by : 환경부