- Volume 38 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
The Analysis of Main Factors Which Impact on Operation Rate and Power Production of Landfill Gas Power Plant
매립가스 발전시설의 가동률 및 발전량에 미치는 주요 영향요소 분석
- Received : 2016.02.10
- Accepted : 2016.03.07
- Published : 2016.03.31
An analysis of the main factors and its degree of impact on power production is performed against the landfill gas power plant in S landfill site. The number of normal operation (50 MWh & 24 hr) days was 70.9% to the total number of operation days from 2007 to 2014, and the percentage of the actual power production was 79.3% of 3,428,400 MW which is the theoretical maximum estimation. The ratio of factors that accounted for the efficiency of power production are: 44.0% of repairing of the defect and regular servicing, 37.4% of cut-down operation due to hydrogen sulfide, and 18.6% of air pre-heater washing, respectively. Yet, considering that the cut-down operation due to hydrogen sulfide was carried out for only two years, the high concentration of hydrogen sulfide was the most influential factors on landfill gas power production. The long-term power production was analyzed as 35.9 MWh in 2018, and the constant drop is anticipated, resulting in 16.6 MWh by 2028, and under 8.4 MWh in 2038.
Landfill Gas;Power Plant;Power Production;Hydrogen Sulfide;First Order Decay Model
- Feng, S. J. and Zheng, Q. T., "A two-dimensional gas flow model for layered municipal solid waste Landfills," Computers and Geotech., 63, 135(2015). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compgeo.2014.09.004
- Chun, S. K., "Research on the Methane Recovery from Land-fill Gas by Applying Nitrogen Gas Separator Membrane," J. Korean Soc. Environ. Eng., 35(8), 586-591(2013). https://doi.org/10.4491/KSEE.2013.35.8.586
- Hur, K. B., Park, J. K. and Lee, J. B., "Development of Land Fill Gas(LFG)-MGT Power Generation and Green House Design Technology," J. Energy Eng., 20(1), 14(2011).
- Kim, N. J., Choi, J. M. and Ji, E. J., "Solvent Selection for the Detection of Siloxanes in Lnadfill Gas," J. Korean Soc. Environ. Eng., 29(8), 915-916(2007).
- Seo, D. C., Song, S. S. and Won, J. C., "Removal of Volatile Silicon Compounds (Siloxanes) from Landfill Gas by Adsorbents," J. Korean Soc. Environ. Eng., 31(9), 793-794(2009).
- Takuwa, Y., Matsumoto, T., Oshita, K., Takaoka, M., Morisawa, S. and Takeda, N., "Characterization of trace constituents in landfill gas and a comparison of sites in Asia," J. Mater. Cycles Waste Manag., 11(4), 305-311(2009). https://doi.org/10.1007/s10163-009-0257-1
- Cha, J. M. and Lee, I. W., "Removal of Hydrogen sulfide by Immobilized Thiobacillus sp. IW. on Polyvinylpyridine in a Bubble column reactor," J. Korean Soc. Environ. Eng., 17(2), 145-155(1995)
- Yu, L., Batllea, F., Carrera, J. and Lloret, A., "Gas flow to a vertical gas extraction well in deformable MSW landfills," J. Hazard. Mater., 168(2-3), 1404-1416(2009). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhazmat.2009.03.045
- Ajhara, M., Travesset, M., Yuce, S. and Melina, T., "Siloxane removal from landfill and digester gas - A technology overview," Bioresour. Technol., 101(9), 2913-2915(2010). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biortech.2009.12.018
- Trapani, D. D., Bella, G. D. and Viviani, G., "Uncontrolled methane emissions from a MSW landfill surface: Influence of landfill features and side slopes," Waste Manag., 33(10), 2109-2114(2013).
- Park, J. W. and Shin, H. C., "Surface emission of landfill gas from solid waste landfill," Atmos. Environ., 35(20), 3445-3451(2001). https://doi.org/10.1016/S1352-2310(01)00118-2
- Amini, H. R. and Reinhart, D. R., "Regional prediction of long-term landfill gas to energy potential," Waste Manag., 31(9-10), 2021(2011).
- Meraz, R. L., Vidales, A. M. and Dominguez, A., "A fractallike kinetics equation to calculate landfill methane production," Fuel, 83(1), 75(2004).
- Faour, A. A., Reinhart, D. R. and You, H., "First-order kinetic gas generation model parameters for wet landfills," Waste Manag., 27(7), 948-953(2007).
- Zheng, W., Phoungthong, K., L, F., Shao, L. M. and He, P. J., "Evaluation of a classification method for biodegradable solid wastes using anaerobic degradation parameters," Waste Manag., 33(12), 2635-2637(2013).
- Trzcinski, A. P. and Stuckey, D. C., "Determination of the Hydrolysis Constant in the Biochemical Methane Potential Test of Municipal Solid Waste," Environ. Eng. Sci., 29(9), 849(2012).
- Sanphotia, N., Towprayoona, S., Chaiprasertc, P. and Nopharatanad, A., "The effects of leachate recirculation with supplemental water addition on methane production and waste decomposition in a simulated tropical landfill," J. Environ. Manag., 81(1), 29(2006).
- Sudokwon Landfill Site Management Corp., A Study on The Monitoring & Prediction System Building Measures for LFG and Leachate of Sudokwon Landfill Site, 210(2004).
- Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), IPCC Guidelines for National Greenhouse Gas Inventories. 3.17,(2007).
- Guillarda, V., Guillaumea, C. and Destercke, S., "Parameter uncertainties and error propagation in modified atmosphere packaging modeling," Postharvest Biol. Technol., 67, 164-165(2012).
- Taylor, C. D. and Liu, X. Y., "Investigation of structure and composition control over active dissolution of Fe-Tc binary metallic waste forms by off-lattice kinetic Monte Carlo simulation," J. Nucl. Mater., 434(1-3), 385(2013).
- Chun, S. K., "The influence of air inflow on CH4 composition ratio in landfill gas," J. Mater. Cycles Waste Manag., 16(1), 172-177(2014). https://doi.org/10.1007/s10163-013-0163-4
- Nair, D. N. K., Zachariah, E. J. and Vinod, P., "Investigations on enhanced in situ bioxidation of methane from landfill gas (LFG) in a lab-scale model," J. Mater. Cycles Waste Manag., DOI 10.1007/s10163-015-0397-4(2015). https://doi.org/10.1007/s10163-015-0397-4
- He, R., Xia, F. F., Bai, Y., Wang, J. and Shen, D. S., "Mechanism of H2 removal during landfill stabilization in waste biocover soil, analternative landfill cover," J. Hazard. Mater., 67, 217-218(2012).
- Sirisawat, L., Saengsoy, W., Baingam, L. and Krammart, P., Tangtermsirikul, S., "Durability and testing of mortar with interground fly ash and limestone cements in sulfate solutions," Constr. Build. Mater., 64, 40(2014).
- Shin, H. S., Oh, S. E. and Kwon, J. C., "Activity of SRB and MPB at Thermophilic Condition in Anaerobic Digester Treating Wastewater with High Sulfate Concentration," J. Korean Soc. Environ. Eng., 19(3), 2(1997).
- Bharati, B., and Pranab, K. G., "Sulfate bioreduction and elemental sulfur formation in a packed bed reactor," J. Environ. Chem. Eng., 2(3), 1287-1288(2014). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jece.2014.05.018
- Ferguson, S., Skinner, G., Schieke, J., Lee, K. C. and Dorst, E. V., "High Efficiency Integrated Gasification Combined Cycle with Carbon Capture via technology advancements and improved heat integration," Energy Procedia, 37, 2248-2249(2013).