- Volume 38 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Real-Time Variation of Water Quality with Water Depth in the Han River during the Spring Season
춘계 한강 수질의 실시간 수심별 변동특성
- Received : 2016.02.26
- Accepted : 2016.03.11
- Published : 2016.04.30
A profiling monitoring system has been developed to monitor the water quality variations according to each water depth and applied for a test-bed. The key parameters were derived to disclose the aquatic ecology and environment of river systems, and the real-time monitoring techniques to profile the variations of each parameter were verified. Monitoring parameters were configured to include water quality, hydrodynamic, and weather conditions. Considering the water depth of the 4 major rivers in Korea, a profiling monitoring system with 1.0 m water depth interval for each monitoring has been established. To understand the real-time variation properties in the Han river, the monitoring system has been installed and operated at the YangHwa-Dock as a test-bed. Based on the results of the detailed analyses on the spring season, as the characteristic diurnal and water-depth-related variations for water temperature, pH, dissolved oxygen (DO), and chlorophyll-a were observed, it could be concluded that the real-time water-depth profiling monitoring system is a very effective tool for the proper management of river environment.
Aquatic Ecosystem;Aquatic Environment;Monitoring System;Real-Time Monitoring;Water-Depth Profile
- Ministry of land, transport and maritime affairs, Headquarters for promotion of 4 major rivers, "Master plan for restoration of 4 major rivers"(2009).
- Lee, T. G., Hwang, S. J., Park, C. W., Park, J. H., Shin, J. C., Lim, B. M., Chung, S. Y., Yang, I. W. and Shin, Y. S., "Algae management technologies for improved aquatic ecology," Korea environment corporation, pp. 11-29(2012).
- Park, H. G., "Research on the criteria optimization for algal forecasting system (I)," National institute of environmental research(2008).
- The Kyunghyang Shinmun, "Fish kills in the Keum river, because of 4 major river restoration projects," http://news.khan.co.kr/kh_news//khan_art_view.html?artid=201310212225045&code=610103, Oct., 23(2013).
- Ohgaki, S., "Water quality and ecosystem of rivers," The River Foundation, Jipbodang(2007).
- Ministry of environment, National institute of environmental research, "Water environment information system," http://water.nier.go.kr/main/mainContent.do(2016).
- Ministry of environment, Korea environment corporation, "TMS installation and operation manuals for advanced and scientific water management"(2009).
- Kim, B. C., "Research on the structure of ecosystem of up-stream of North Han river, Soyang and Paro lakes," Han river environment research center(2005).
- Shin, J. K. and Cho, K. J., "Seasonal dynamics and pollution status of the water quality in the Kum river reservoir," Korean J. Limnol., 33(3), 251-259(2000).
- Rim, C. S., Shin, J. K. and Cho, K. J., "The trend and assessment of water pollution from midstream to downstream of the Kum river," Korean J. Limnol., 33(1), 51-60(2000).
- Shin, S. G., "Relationship between COD and BOD at Mulgeum area downstream of the Nakdong river," Nakdong Monthly Survey, 49, 2-7(2001).
- Shin, S. G. and Baek, G. H., "Recent (2000. 3-5) water quality assessment of the Nakdong river," Nakdong Monthly Survey, 41, 2-8(2000).
- Shin, J. K., Kim, D. S. and Cho, K. J., "Dynamics of inorganic nutrients and phytoplankton in Shihwa reservoir," Korean J. Limnol., 33(2), 109-118(2000).
- Shin, J. K., Cho, J. L., Hwang, S. J. and Cho, K. J., "Eutrophication and water pollution characteristics of the Kyungan stream to Paltang reservoir," Korean J. Limnol., 33(4), 387-394(2000).
Supported by : 국토교통부