- Volume 49 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Soybean koji와 Rice koji를 첨가하여 발효한 도루묵(Arctoscopus japonicus) 액젓의 상온 저장 중 이화학적 품질변화
Jun, Joon-Young;Lim, Yeong-Seon;Lee, Mi-Hyang;Kim, Byoung-Mok;Jeong, In-Hak
- 투고 : 2016.02.19
- 심사 : 2016.04.05
- 발행 : 2016.04.30
We investigated changes in the physiochemical quality of sailfin sandfish sauces fermented with two kojis during long-term storage at room temperature. Four fish sauces, including a control, were prepared by salt-fermentation with soybean koji (S-koji) or rice koji (R-koji) after autolysis. During storage, for 12 months, the color and levels of amino acids, total volatile base nitrogen (T-VBN) and organic acids but not moisture, salt or total nitrogen levels or pH differed markedly according to fish sauce type. The total nitrogen level was highest in S-koji, but there was no difference in the rate of increase in amino acid levels among the four fish sauces during storage. The T-VBN, of autolysis and S-koji were significantly higher than those of the control and R-koji during the entire storage period (P<0.05). The initial organic acid level did not differ among the four fish sauces, whereas it was notably higher in R-koji than in the other sauces at the end of storage. Hunter L, a and b values decreased in all fish sauces with increasing storage time. In conclusion, soybean koji may enhance the levels of nitrogen compounds as well as T-VBN in fish sauce, while rice koji reduced the formation of excess T-VBN and increased organic acid levels during storage at room temperature.
Fish sauce;Arctoscopus japonicus;Koji;Physiochemical quality;Storage
- AOAC. 2005. AOAC official methods of analysis, 18th ed. AOAC International publishing, Gaithersburg, MD, U.S.A.
- Bechman A, Phillips RD and Chen J. 2012. Changes in selected physical property and enzyme activity of rice and barley koji during fermentation and storage. J Food Sci 77, M318-322. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1750-3841.2012.02691.x
- Cha YJ, Kim EJ and Joo DS. 1994. Studies on the processing of accelerated low salt-fermented anchovy paste by adding koji. J Korean Soc Food Nutr 23, 348-352.
- Choi GP and Kim SM. 2005. Quality characteristics of anchovy sauce prepared with sea tangle, ume, tochukaso and chitosan during storage. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 34, 291-297. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2005.34.2.291
- Chung CH and Toyomizu. 1976. Studies on the browing of dehydrated food as a function of water activity: 1. Effect of Aw on browning in amino acid-lipid systems. Nippon Suisan Gakk 42, 697-702. https://doi.org/10.2331/suisan.42.697
- Johns AT. 1951. The mechanism of propionic acid formation by propionibacteria. J Gen Microbial 5, 337-345. https://doi.org/10.1099/00221287-5-2-337
- Codex. 2012. Standard for fish sauce, Codex stan 302-2011. Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations and World Health Organization. Rome, Italy.
- Im YS, Choi YJ and Cho YJ. 2000. Changes in color value of salt-fermented fish sauces during fermentation and storage. J Korean Fish Soc 33, 383-387.
- Jang MS, Park HY and Nam KH. 2012. Desalting processing and quality characteristics of salt-fermented anchovy sauce using a spirit. Korean J Food Preserv 19, 893-900. https://doi.org/10.11002/kjfp.2012.19.6.893
- Kim YM, Koo JG, Lee YC and Kim DS. 1990. Study on the use of sardine meal koji and autolysates from sardine meat in rapid processing of sardine sauce. Bull Korean Fish Soc 23, 167-177.
- Kim IS, Choi YJ, Heu MS, Cho YJ, IM YS, Gu YS, Yeo SG and Park JW. 1999. Peptide properties of rapid salted and fermented anchovy sauce using various proteases, 1. Hydrolysis of anchovy sauce and actomyosin by various proteases. J Korean Fish Soc 32, 481-487.
- KFA. 2015. Korean fisheries yearbook. Korea Fisheries Association. Seoul, Korea.
- Lim JH, Jeong JH, Jeong MJ, Jeong IH and Kim BM. 2015. Effects of preprocessing on quality of fermented red snow crab Chionoecetes japonicus sauce. Korean J Fish Aquat Sci 48, 284-292. http://dx.doi.org/10.5657/KFAS.2015.0284. https://doi.org/10.5657/KFAS.2015.0284
- MFDS. 2014. Korea Food Code. Ministry of Food and Drug Safety. Retrieved from http://fse.foodnara.go.kr/residue/RS/jsp/main.jsp on October 7.
- Nagamine K, Murashima K, Kato T, Shimoi H and Ito K, Mode of α-amylase production by the shochu koji mold Aspergillus kawachii. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 67, 2194-2202. https://doi.org/10.1271/bbb.67.2194
- Oh GS, Kang KJ, Hong YP, An YS and Lee HM. 2003. Distribution of organic acids in traditional and modified fermented foods. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 32, 1177-1185. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2003.32.8.1177
- Nam KH, Jang MS, Park HY and Kwak WJ. 2015. Physiochemical characteristics of rapidly processed salt-fermented sandfish Arctoscopus japonicas sauce with thermophilic bacillus. Korean J Fish Aquat Sci 48, 674-680. http://dx.doi.org/10.5657/KFAS.2015.0674. https://doi.org/10.5657/KFAS.2015.0674
- NFRDI. 2004. Commercial fishes of the coastal and offshore waters in Korea. 2nd ed. National Fisheries Research and Development Institute. Busan, Korea.
- NFRDI. 2009. Chemical composition of marine products in Korea. 2nd ed. National Fisheries Research and Development Institute. Busan, Korea.
- Park YH, Jang DS and Kim SB. 1994. Salted product. In: Fishery processing and utilization. Hyungseul Publishing, Seoul, Korea., 747-790.
- Voet D and Voet JG. 2004. In: Biochemistry 3rd ed. John Wiley & Sons Inc. Hoboken, NJ., USA., 582, 765, 914, 995.
- Xu W, Yu G, Xue C, Xue Y and Ren Y. 2008. Biochemical changes associated with fast fermentation of squid processing by-products for low salt fish sauce. Food Chem 107, 1597-1604. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodchem.2007.10.030
- Yoshikawa S, Kurihara H, Kawai Y, Yamazaki K, Tanaka A, Nishikiori T and Ohta T. 2010. Effect of halotolerant starter microorganisms on chemical characteristics of fermented chum salmon (Oncorhynchus keta) sauce. J Agric Food Chem 58, 6410-6417. http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/jf904548u. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf904548u