- Volume 26 Issue 2
Underwater cavitation is one of the most important issues because it causes not only vibration and erosion of submerged bodies but also significant flow noise problems. In this paper, flow noise due to cavitation flows around the NACA66 MOD hydrofoil is numerically investigated. The cavitation flow simulation is conducted using the Reynolds-Averaged Navier-Stokes equations based on finite difference methods. To capture the cavitation phenomena accurately and effectively, the homogeneous mixture model with the Merkle's cavitation model is applied. The predicted results are compared with available experimental data in terms of pressure coefficients and volume fraction, which confirms the validity of numerical results. Based on flow field analysis results, hydro-acoustic noise field due to the cavitation flow is predicted using the Ffowcs-Williams and Hawkings equation derived from the Lighthill's acoustic analogy. The typical lift dipole propagation patterns are identified.
공동현상;균질 혼합 모델;수중익형;수중소음
- Ji, B., Luo, X. W., Roger, E. A. A., Peng, X. and Wu, Y., 2015, Large Eddy Simulation and Theoretical Investigations of the Transient Cavitating Vortical Flow Structure Around a NACA66 Hydrofoil, International Journal of Multiphase Flow, Vol. 68, No. 1, pp. 121~134. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijmultiphaseflow.2014.10.008
- Leroux, J., Astolfi, J. A. and Billard, J. Y., 2004, An Experimental Study of Unsteady Partial Cavitation, Trans. ASME, Vol. 126, No. 1, pp. 94~101.
- Park, S. and Rhee, S. H., 2013, Numerical Analysis of the Three-dimensional Cloud Cavitating Flow Around a Twisted Hydrofoil, Fluid Dyn. Res., Vol. 45, No. 1, pp. 015502(20pp). https://doi.org/10.1088/0169-5983/45/1/015502
- Subhas, S., Saji, V. F., Ramakrishna, S. and Das, H. N., 2012, CFD Analysis of a Propeller Flow and Cavitation, International Journal of Computer Applications, Vol. 55, No. 16, pp. 26~33. https://doi.org/10.5120/8841-3125
- Seol, H., 2006, Numerical Prediction of Underwater Porpeller Noise, Proceedings of the KSNVE Annual Spring Conference, pp. 314-317.
- Zhu, Z., 2015, Numerical Study on Characteristic Correlation between Cavitating Flow and Skew of Ship Propellers, Ocean Engineering, Vol. 99, No. 1, pp. 63~71. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.oceaneng.2014.12.023
- Park, S. and Rhee, S. H., 2010, Investigation for the Characteristics of Cavitation Modeling for Computational Fluid Dynamics, Journal of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea, Vol. 47, No. 5, pp. 657~669. https://doi.org/10.3744/SNAK.2010.47.5.657
- Gaggero, S., Tani, G. Viviani, M. and Conti, F., 2014, A Study on the Numerical Prediction of Propellers Cavitating Tip Vortex, Ocean Engineering, Vol. 92, No. 1, pp. 137~161. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.oceaneng.2014.09.042
- Hejranfar, K., Ezzatneshan, E. and Fattah-Hesari K., 2015, A Comparative Study of Two Cavitation Modeling Strategies for Simulation of Inviscid Cavitating Flows, Ocean Engineering, Vol. 108, No. 1, pp. 257~275. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.oceaneng.2015.07.016
- Zhang, X. B., Zhu, J. K., Qiu, L. M. and Zhang, X. J., 2015, Calculation and Verification of Dynamical Cavitation Model for Quasi-steady Cavitating Flow, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol. 86, No. 1, pp. 294~301. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijheatmasstransfer.2015.01.098
- Merkle, C. L., Feng, J. Z. and Buelow, P. E. O., 1998, Computational Modeling of the Dynamics of Sheet Cavitation, Proceedings of the 3rd International Symposium on Cavitation, Vol. 2, pp. 307-311.
- Shen, Y. T. and Dimotakis, P. E., 1989, The Influence of Surface Cavitation on Hydrodynamic Forces, 22nd American Towing Tank Conference.
- Arndt, R. E. A., Arakeri, V. H. and Higuchi, H., 1991, Some Observations of Tip-vortex Cavitation, Journal of Fluid Mechanics, Vol. 229, No. 1, pp. 269~289. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0022112091003026
- Lighthill, M. J., 1952, On Sound Generated Aerodynamically. I. General theory, Proceedings of the Royal Society of London. A. Mathematical and Physical Sciences, Vol. 211, No. 1107, pp. 564-587. https://doi.org/10.1098/rspa.1952.0060
- Lighthill, M. J., 1954, On Sound Generated Aerodynamically. II. Turbulence as a Source of Sound, Proceedings of the Royal Society of London. A. Mathematical and Physical Sciences, Vol. 222, No. 1148, pp. 1~32. https://doi.org/10.1098/rspa.1954.0049
- Ffowcs Williams, J. E. and Hawkings, D. L., 1969, Sound Generation by Turbulence and Surfaces in Arbitrary Motion, Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society, Vol. 264, No. 1151, pp. 321~342. https://doi.org/10.1098/rsta.1969.0031
- Plesset, M. S., 1948, Dynamics of Cavitation Bubbles, Journal of Applied Mechanics, Vol. 16, No. 1, pp. 228~231.
- Seol, H., Suh, J. C. and Lee, S., 2005, Development of Hybrid Method for the Prediction of Underwater Propeller Noise, Journal of Sound and Vibration, Vol. 288, No. 1, pp. 345~360. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsv.2005.01.015
- Seol, H., 2013, Time Domain Method for the Prediction of Pressure Fluctuation Induced by Propeller Sheet Cavitation: Numerical Simulations and Experimental Validation, Ocean Engineering, Vol. 72, No. 1, pp. 287~296. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.oceaneng.2013.06.030
- Ianniello, S., Muscari, R. and Di Mascio, A., 2013, Ship Underwater Noise Assessment by the Acoustic Analogy, Part I: Nonlinear Analysis of a Marine Propeller in a Uniform Flow, Journal of Marine Science and Technology, Vol. 18, No. 4, pp. 547~570. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00773-013-0227-0
- Ianniello, S., Muscari, R. and Di Mascio, A., 2014, Ship Underwater Noise Assessment by the Acoustic Analogy, Part II: Hydroacoustic Analysis of a Ship Scaled Model, Journal of Marine Science and Technology, Vol. 19, No. 1, pp. 52~74. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00773-013-0236-z
- Ianniello, S., Muscari, R. and Di Mascio, A., 2013, Ship Underwater Noise Assessment by the Acoustic Analogy, Part III: Measurements Versus Numerical Predictions on a Full-scale Ship, Journal of Marine Science and Technology, Vol. 19, No. 2, pp. 125~142.
- Hsiao, C. T. and Chahine, G. L., 2005, Scaling of Tip Vortex Cavitation Inception Noise with a Bubble Dynamics Model Accounting for Nuclei Size Distribution, Journal of Fluids Engineering, Vol. 127, No. 1, pp. 55~65. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.1852476
- Hsiao, C. T. and Chahine, G. L., 2012, Effect of a Propeller and Gas Diffusion on Bubble Nuclei Distribution in a Liquid, Journal of Hydrodynamics, Vol. 24, No. 6, pp. 809~822. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1001-6058(11)60308-9
- Hsiao, C. T., Ma, J. and Chahine, G. L., 2015, Simulation of Sheet and Tip Vortex Cavitation on a Rotating Propeller using a Multiscale Two-phase Flow Model, Forth International Symposium on Marine Propulsors, pp. 1-11.
- Brennen, C. E., 2013, Cavitation and Bubble Dynamics, Cambridge University Press.
연구 과제번호 : BK21플러스
연구 과제 주관 기관 : 부산대학교