- Volume 58 Issue 5
Exact solutions for stresses, strains, and displacements of a perforated rectangular plate by an arbitrarily located circular hole subjected to both linearly varying in-plane normal stresses on the two opposite edges and in-plane shear stresses are investigated using the Airy stress function. The hoop stress occurring at the edge of the non-central circular hole are computed and plotted. Stress concentration factors (the maximum non-dimensional hoop stresses) depending on the location and size of the non-central circular hole and the loading condition are tabularized.
perforated plate;arbitrarily located circular hole;hoop stress;stress concentration factor;airy stress function;in-plane linearly varying normal stresses;in-plane shear stresses
- Fu, L.S. (1996), A first course in elasticity, Greyden Press, Columbus, Ohio.
- Iwaki, T. and Miyao, K. (1980), "Stress concentrations in a plate with two unequal circular holes", Int. J. Eng. Sci., 18, 1077-1090. https://doi.org/10.1016/0020-7225(80)90091-9
- Kang, J.H. (2014), "Exact solutions of stresses, strains, and displacements of a perforated rectangular plate by a central circular hole subjected to linearly varying in-plane normal stresses on two opposite edges", Int. J. Mech. Sci., 84, 18-24. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijmecsci.2014.03.023
- Li, F., He, Y.T., Fan, C.H., Li, H.P. and Zhang, H.X. (2008), "Investigation on three-dimensional stress concentration of LY12-CZ plate with two equal circular holes under tension", Mater. Sci. Eng., A. 483-484, 474-476. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.msea.2006.08.146
- Mal, A.K. and Singh, S.J. (1991), Deformation of elastic solids, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs.
- Miyata, H. (1970), "Finite elastic deformations of an infinite plate perforated by two circular holes under biaxial tension", Ingenieur-Archiv, 39, 209-218. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00532454
- Muskhelishvili, N.I. (1963), Some basic problems of the mathematical theory of elasticity, Noordhoff, Groningen, The Netherlands.
- Peterson, R.E. (1974), Stress concentration factor, John Wiley and Sons, New York.
- Radi, E. (2001), "Path-independent integrals around two circular holes in an infinite plate under biaxial loading conditions", Int. J. Eng. Sci., 49(9), 893-914.
- Savin, G.N. (1961), Stress concentration around holes, Pergamon Press, New York.
- She, C.M. and Guo, W.L. (2007), "Three-dimensional stress concentrations at elliptic holes in elastic isotropic plates subjected to tensile stress", Int. J. Fatig., 29, 330-335. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijfatigue.2006.03.012
- Theocaris, P.S. and Petrou, L. (1987) "The order of singularities and the stress intensity factors near corners of regular polygonal holes", Int. J. Eng. Sci., 25(7), 821-832. https://doi.org/10.1016/0020-7225(87)90119-4
- Timoshenko, S.P. and Goodier, J.N. (1970), Theory of elasticity, 3rd Ed., McGraw-Hill, New York.
- Wanlin, G. (1993), "Elastic-plastic analysis of a finite sheet with a cold-worked hole", Eng. Fract. Mech., 45(6), 857-864. https://doi.org/10.1016/0013-7944(93)90070-9
- Woo, H.Y., Leissa, A.W. and Kang, J.H. (2014), "Exact solutions for stresses, strains, displacements, and stress concentration factors of a perforated rectangular plate by a circular hole subjected to in-plane bending moment on two opposite edges", J. Eng. Mech., 140(6), 1-8. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)EM.1943-7889.0000641
- Yang, L.H. and He, Y.Z. (2002), "Stress field analysis for infinite plate with rectangular opening", J. Harbin Eng. Univ., 23, 106-110. (in Chinese)
- Yang, Z., Kim, C.B., Cho, C. and Beom, H.G. (2008), "The concentration of stress and strain in finite thickness elastic plate containing a circular hole", Int. J. Solids Struct., 45, 713-731. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijsolstr.2007.08.030
- Yu, P.S., Guo, W.L., She, C.M. and Zhao, J.H. (2008), "The influence of Poisson's ratio on thicknessdependent stress concentration at elliptic holes in elastic plates", Int. J. Fatig., 30, 165-171. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijfatigue.2007.02.007
- Zhang, T., Liu, T.G., Zhao, Y. and Liu, J.X. (2002), "Analysis of stress field of finite plates weakened by holes", J. Huazhong Univ. Sci. Tech., 30, 87-89. (in Chinese)
- Effect of Own Weight on the Static Analysis of a Prestretched Plate-Strip with a Circular Hole in Bending vol.53, pp.2, 2017, https://doi.org/10.12989/sem.2016.58.5.783
연구 과제 주관 기관 : Chongqing Science and Technology Commission