- Volume 19 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Effects of Grid Characteristics on High Speed Circuit Breaker for Railway Vehicle
철도 차량용 직류 고속도 차단기의 그리드 특성 해석
Park, Ji-Won;Jung, Jooyoung;Choi, Jinnil
- Received : 2015.10.14
- Accepted : 2016.03.07
- Published : 2016.04.30
High speed circuit breakers(HSCB) interrupt the generated arc within the arc chute to turn off the electricity flowing through the main circuit to prevent ground faults. In order to explore the arc generated from the contactor operation, arc definition, establishment of arc interruption method, and analysis of magnetic driving force are required. In this paper, arc interruption capability has been estimated by exploring the difference in magnetic flux density of Lorenz forces using finite element analysis. In addition, since the number of grids and changes in the grid shape within the arc chute influence the formation of the inner magnetic field, its effects have been explored to enhance arc interruption capability. Assessment of interruption capability and analysis of grid shape, with rated operating current, are reported.
High speed circuit breaker(HSCB);Arc-chute;Grid;Lorenz force
- S.K. Shin, H.S. Jung, H.C. Kim, J.Y. Park (2014) Analysis of utilizing regenerative energy in railway system through a DC power simulation, The Transactions of the Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers, 63(10), pp. 1479-1484. https://doi.org/10.5370/KIEE.2014.63.10.1479
- K.K. Lee, I.D. Kwon, E.S. Chung, J.S. Han (2012) Development for propulsion system applied dual voltage AC 25kV and 3kV, 2012 Autumn Conference of the Korean Society for Railway, Gyeongju, pp. 1874-1879.
- H.S. Jung, Y. Park, H.S. Na, S.H. Jang (2012) Performance evaluation of SHF sensor for partial discharge signal detection on DC rectifier, The Transactions of the Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers, 61(7), pp. 1056-1060. https://doi.org/10.5370/KIEE.2012.61.7.1056
- N.G. Jun, H.S. Jung, K.W. Koo, J.M. Kim (2014) The analysis of short current on actual system through power analysis of AT feeder system for electric railway, The Transactions of the Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers, 63(11), pp. 1582-1587. https://doi.org/10.5370/KIEE.2014.63.11.1582
- R. Ma, M. Rong, F. Yang, S. Hao, Y. Wu et al. (2013) Investigation on arc behavior during arc motion in air DC circuit breaker, IEEE Transaction on Plasma Science, 41(9), pp. 2551-2560. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPS.2013.2273832
- Y. Fei, M. Ruiguang, W. Yi, S. Hao et al. (2012) Numerical study on arc plasma behavior during arc commutation process in direct current circuit breaker, Plasma Science and Technology, 14(2), pp. 167-171. https://doi.org/10.1088/1009-0630/14/2/16
- J.Y. Park (2013) Improvement on the current limiting characteristics of MCCB through design of mechanism and arc quenching unit, PhD Thesis, Chungbuk National University.
- J.H. Hwang, J.C. Lee, Y.J. Kim (2008) Effects of electrode configurations on the characteristics of axial magnetic fields in vacuum interrupter, The Transactions of the Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers, A32(1), pp. 7-12.
- B.H. Min, W.J. Jang, I.S. Ko (2006) The characteristic study for small current breaking of high speed DC circuit breaker, The Transaction of the Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers, 55B(8), pp. 396-402.
- K. Sawa, M. Tsuruoka, M. Morii (2014) Fundamental characteristics of arc extinction by magnetic blow-out at DC voltage(<500V), 2014 IEEE 60th Holm Conference on, New Orleans, LA, pp. 1-6.
- Y.K. Choi, C.K. Park (2004) Development of 460V/225A/50kA Contact system in current limiting MCCB using an estimation and analysis method for the interrupting capability, Journal of the Institute of Illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers, 18(1), pp. 78-84.
- www.wjem.co.kr (Accessed 1 October 2015).
- S.S. Lee, E.H. Jung, J.H. Yoon, S.H. Kang, et al. (2009) Improvement of short circuit performance in 460V/400A/85kA mold case circuit breakers, 2009 Autumn Conference of the Electrical & Application Properties Institute of Engineers, Ilsan, pp. 67-68.
Supported by : 국토교통부