- Volume 19 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Acoustic Performance Evaluation and Prediction for Low Height Noise Barriers Installed Adjacent To Rails Using Scale Down Model
축척 모형을 이용한 근접 저상 방음벽의 음향성능평가 및 예측
Yoon, Je Won;Jang, Kang Seok;Cho, Yong Thung
- Received : 2016.02.02
- Accepted : 2016.03.10
- Published : 2016.04.30
Research on low height noise barriers installed adjacent to railways to reduce the height of the noise barrier has actively progressed in many countries except Korea. The performance of low height noise barriers is evaluated to identify barrier acoustic characteristics using a scale model of the barrier in the present research. As shown in the experimental results, if it is considered the installation of 'ㄱ' type noise barrier, sound absorption material should be installed on both the top and the vertical surfaces of the barrier to improve insertion loss. Also, an analytical method such as the boundary element method, rather than a simple empirical equation, is required to evaluate the insertion loss of the barrier. In addition, noise level increase in passenger position is very small if a barrier with sound absorption material is installed. Finally, the two dimensional boundary element method is implemented to predict the acoustic characteristics of the low height barrier; the possibility of the application is confirmed from a comparison of the results of measurements and predictions.
Low height noise barrier installed adjacent to rail;Boundary element method;Insertion loss;Impedance
- J.T. Kim, Y.H, Hong (2007) Installation effect on noise reducer for railway traffic noise, Journal of the Korean Society for railway, 10(3), pp. 278-283.
- www.zbloc-international.com (Accessed 8 April 2016).
- J.K. Lee (1993) Fundamentals and applications of Acoustic BEM, The Korean Society for Noise and Vibration Engineering, pp. 85-108.
- ISO 9613-2 (1996) Acoustics - Attenuation of sound during propagation outdoors - Part 2 : General method of calculation.
- Ulrich J. Kurze (1974) Noise reduction by barrier, Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 55(5), pp. 504-519. https://doi.org/10.1121/1.1914528
- Alexandre Jolibois (2014) A study on the acoustic performance of tramway low height noise barriers : gradient-based numerical optimization and experimental approaches, PhD Thesis, Paris-EST University.
- ISO 10847 (1997) Acoustics - In situ determination of insertion loss of outdoor noise barriers of all types.
- www.openbem.dk (Accessed 2 April 2014).
- D.C. Hothersall, S.N. Chandler-Wilder, M.N. Hajmirzae (1990) Efficiency of single noise barriers, Journal of Sound and Vibration, 146(2), pp. 303-322.
- Acoustic Performance Evaluation of Noise Barriers Installed Adjacent to Rails and Suggestion of Approximation Formula for the Prediction of Insertion Loss vol.19, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2016.19.5.629
Supported by : 국토교통부