- Volume 19 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Parametric Study on 3-way Switch Design Considering Levitation Stability of Maglev Train
자기부상열차의 부상안정성을 고려한 3방향 분기기의 설계 파라미터 연구
Lee, Younghak;Han, Jong-Boo;Lim, Jaewon;Lee, Jong-Min
- Received : 2016.02.17
- Accepted : 2016.03.22
- Published : 2016.04.30
It is essential to lighten the weight of switch girders in order to reduce their costs of manufacturing and make it easier to use them in construction. Lightening the weight of switch is also important to the Maglev 3-way switches system, however, the design variables should be considered very carefully if lightening is to be applied to the system, because these variables are vitally related to the levitation stability. Because Urban Maglev trains have a structure in which train bogie wraps around the guiderail, the adjustment of a girder's height is a possible way to reduce the weight. The safety of the application of this concept is ensured by repeated experiments in a test bed, however, due to a lack of space and budget limits, the design parametric study for the system model can substitute for actual application. The purpose of this paper is to study the design parameters that are concerned with levitation stability while a Maglev train is running on the Maglev 3-way system depending on the weight of the switch girders. In this study, switch girder weight is reduced by adjustment of girder height and girders are and modeled as a flexible body. The effect of the adjustment of girder height on the levitation stability can be analyzed by comparing the velocity of the train when it passes the switch girders, with the lateral gap, and the levitation gap which are obtained from the co-simulation of the Maglev train's dynamics model and flexible switching system. The results of this research will be used to design a Maglev switch.
Maglev train;3-way switch track;Modal superposition method;Levitation stability;Weight lightening
- J.M. Lee (2011) A study on running stability for the urban maglev running over the segmented switch system, Ph.D Thesis, Chungnam National University.
- J.B. Han, K.J. Kim, H.S. Han, S.S. Kim (2012) Lateral vibration reduction of a maglev train using U-shaped electromagnet, Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, 36(11), pp. 1447-1453. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2012.36.11.1447
- B.H. Yim, H.S. Han, J.K. Lee, S.S. Kim (2009) Curving performance simulation of an EMS-Type maglev vehicle, Vehicle System Dynamics, 47(10), pp. 1287-1304. https://doi.org/10.1080/00423110802632071
- B.H. Yim, H.S. Han (2008) Curve Negotiation analysis of a maglev vehicle utilizing electromagnetic suspension system, Asian conference on multibody dynamics, Tokyo, Japan, pp. 329-335.
- H.S. Han, B.H. Lim, N.J. Lee, Y.C. Hur, J. I. Kwon (2008) Effect of guideway's vibration characteristics on the dynamics of a maglev vehicle, Korean Society for Noise and vibration Engineering, 18(3), pp. 299-306. https://doi.org/10.5050/KSNVN.2008.18.3.299
- J.B. Han, K.J. Kim, H.S. Han, S.S. Kim (2014) Parametric study of curved guideway for urban maglev vehicle, Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, 39(3), pp. 329-335.
- J.B. Han, J.M. Lee, H.S. Han, S.S. Kim, S.J. Yang, K.J. Kim (2014) Study on running safety of EMS-Type maglev vehicle traveling over a switching system, Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, 38, pp. 1309-1315. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2014.38.11.1309
- J.B. Han, J.W. Park, H.S. Han, J.M. Lee, S.S. Kim (2015) Study on the levitation stability of maglev vehicle considering the vibration of steel switch track, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 18(3), pp. 175-185. https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2015.18.3.175
- J.M. Lee, Y.H. Lee, J.B. Han, H.S. Han, C.H. Kim (2015) Design of the 5-way branching switch girder for the urban maglev, Proceedings of 2015 Spring conference of the Korean Society for Railway, Mokpo, Korea, pp. 667-672.
- C.W. Ha, C.H. Kim, J.M. Cho, J.W. Lim, H.S. Han (2015) Magnetic levitation control through the introduction of bogie pitch motion into a control law, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 18(2), pp. 87-93. https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2015.18.2.87
- W.J. Jung, D.H. Goo, S.C. Yang (2005) Verification of the validity for the speed-limit regulation on the turnout system, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 8(1), pp. 93-100.
- P.K. Sinha (1987) Electromagnetic suspension dynamics & control, Peter Peregrinus Ltd, London, United Kingdom, pp. 53-72.
- K.J. Kim, H.S. Han, S.J. Yang (2013) Analysis of dynamic interaction between maglev vehicle and guideway, Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, 37(12), pp. 1559-1565. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2013.37.12.1559
- Y.H. Lee, C.H. Kim, J.W. Lim, H.S. Han, J.M. Lee (2015) Structual characterization of the long span girder according to height changes for maglev 5-way branching switch, Proceedings of 2015 Autumn conference of the Korean Society for Railway, Yeosu, Korea, pp. 215-220.
- Study on Optimal Design of Traverse Switch System for Maglev Train vol.19, pp.6, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2016.19.6.717
Supported by : 국토교통부