- Volume 19 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Data Collection Methods to Standardize Protocols of Safety Supervision System
안전관제시스템 프로토콜 표준화를 위한 데이터 수집 방법
Shin, Kwang-Ho;Um, Tae-Hwa;Lim, Dam-Sub;Ahn, Jin
- Received : 2016.02.02
- Accepted : 2016.04.11
- Published : 2016.04.30
The current railway control system in Korea is comprised of signaling, electric rail power, communication, and maintenance systems that are independent of each other. Further, these systems have different mediums and protocols for transmitting the field equipment data to the central control system. The Safety Supervision System has as its purpose the collecting of safety-related data from each system to predict and prevent accidents, this system utilizes standard protocol. Safety-related data need to be collected from field data transmission devices of the existing control system, the data should be collected without affecting the communication of the existing system. In this study, sniffing skill, which is typically used for network traffic monitoring or security, is used to collect data. The problems arising from the use of sniffing devices are noted, and the Packet Conversion Node is proposed as a solution to the problems. Further, functional and performance testing were completed for the prototype, and the software architecture and packet conversion process were verified.
Safety supervision system;Packet sniffing;Packet convert phase;Packet convert node;TAP device
- www.kaia.re.kr/portal/landmark/readTskView.do?menuNo=200060&tskId=82515&yearCnt=1 (Accessed 10 March 2016).
- S.M. Kim (2012) R&D Report of Real-time Integrated Railway Monitoring & Control System(in Korean), KRRI.
- S.M. Kim, D.H. Shin (2014) Development of Real-time Integrated Railway Monitoring & Control System, Magazine of Korean Society of Hazard Mitigation, 11/12, pp. 48-52.
- Ehttps://www.kapsch.net/kcc/downloads/DocumentItems/European_Railway_Traffic_Management_System (Accessed 5 February 2016).
- M. Lababidi (2008) Interoperable solution for efficient suburban train control: ERTMS overlay, AusRAIL PLUS 2008, 1-2 December 2008, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, p. 5.
- Ryan Spangler (2003) Packet Sniffing on Layer 2 Switched Local Area Networks, Packetwatch Research.
- K.-H. Shin, T.-H. Um, D. Lim, J. Ahn (2015) A study of the data interfacing device architecture of the safety supervision system for protocol standardization and interoperability, Autumn Conference of the Korean Society for Railway, Yeosu city, pp. 989-994.
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_tap (Accessed 5 February 2016).
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_Datagram_Protocol (Accessed 5 February 2016).
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transmission_Control_Protocol (Accessed 5 February 2016).
- J. Jeon, Y. Jeong, W. Soh (2005) Design of packet generator for TCP/UDP protocols using packet sniffing and IP spoofing, Journal of the Korean Institute of Information Scientists and Engineers, 32(2), pp. 649-651.
- http://packetngin.org (Accessed 5 February 2016).
- www.omg.org/spec/DDS/1.4/ (Accessed 10 March 2016).
Supported by : 국토교통부