- Volume 19 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Laboratory Experimental Test of the Applicability of a Trench Shield Machine for Open-cut Excavation Technology
개착 시공을 위한 트렌치 쉴드장비의 적용성 평가를 위한 실내실험
Lee, Young-Min;Sagong, Myung;Kim, Cheol-Han;Song, Seung-Chul
- Received : 2016.04.08
- Accepted : 2016.04.21
- Published : 2016.04.30
Traffic jams occur frequently due to the dense populations of cities. Accordingly, the discomfort of citizens has increased. In order to minimize traffic inconveniences, various public transportation facilities have been suggested. In this paper, for the economical construction of a near-surface railway system, the design of a trench shield is developed and a review of its applicability is done by creating and testing trench shield equipment on a small scale. The trench shield consists of an excavation part, a shield part and an advancement part. To examine the applicability of the trench shield, a laboratory test is carried out. The results of the laboratory test confirm the possibility of reducing the construction time at open-cut construction sites through the excavation of the trench shield. Although the laboratory test is an indoor and relatively small-scale experiment, it is considered to be possible to secure a construction speed of 3m/day when the trench shield equipment is used.
Trench Shield Machine;Excavation;Near-surface railway;open cut construction method
- MOLIT (2014) Statistical Yearbook of MOLIT, Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and transport.
- H.Y. Lee, A.H. Lee, K.J. Park, B.K. Cho (2012) Core technology development for the near- surface of urban vehicle system, the Korean Society for Railway Spring Conference, pp. 1193-1199.
- S.O. Lee (2016) A design study of the trench shield equipment for the near-surface railways system construction, Master Thesis, University of Science and Technology.
- A.H. Lee, C.S. Lim, S.M. Kim (2012) Overview and applications of the low-cost and near-surface light rail, Journal of the Korea Railway Society, 15(2), pp. 9-16. https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2012.15.1.009
- http://www.open-shield.com (Accessed 01 May 2015).
Grant : 저비용 저심도 인프라 핵심 기술 개발
Supported by : 국토교통부