- Volume 19 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Study on Optimization for Scheduling of Local And Express Trains Considering the Application of High Performance Train
고성능 열차를 활용한 완급행 열차 운행 스케쥴 최적화 방안 연구
Kim, Moosun;Kim, Jungtai;Ko, Kyeongjun
- Received : 2015.10.02
- Accepted : 2016.01.08
- Published : 2016.04.30
In express operation plans for urban trains, it is effective for the reduction of the number of sidetracks to apply a high performance train that has improved acceleration/deceleration ability and a regular train to local and express trains, respectively. In this research, based on a plan to use a high performance train for a local train, an optimization methodology is suggested to reduce the number of sidetracks and the operation time of the local train simultaneously. The optimization solver applied in this research is a genetic algorithm; headway, location of sidetrack and waiting time at the sidetrack are considered as design variables in the optimization problem. Consequently, by applying this system to Seoul metro line no.7, the effect of the suggested methodology was verified by obtaining the proper optimum solution.
Express/local;High performance train;Sidetrack;Optimization;Genetic algorithm
- M.S. Kim, J.T. Kim, T.S. Kim, S.S. Park, J.S. Hong, Y.H. Cho, J.H. Min (2013) Study of the Metropolitan Rapid Transport System to Minimize Sidetrack Construction, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 16(5), pp.1-8. https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2013.16.1.001
- J.M. Won, J.H. Hwang (1997) An analysis on time saving effects of urban express rail systems, Journal of Korea Planners Association, 32(6), pp.121-130.
- G.C. Kim, W.H. Kim (1998) A effects of passenger's time saving on express subway systems, Proceedings of the Conference of the Korean Society for Railway, Seoul, pp.160-171.
- T. Fujita, H.J. Roh, G.C. Kim (2004) A study on implementation of rapid service in urban railway (In Seoul metropolitan area), Proceedings of the Conference of the Korean Society for Railway, Gyeongju, 6, pp.144-149.
- T. Fujita, H.J. Roh, G.C. Kim (2004) A study on development of operation planning for rapid service in urban railway (An introduction), Proceedings of the Conference of the Korean Society for Railway, Gyeongju, 6, pp.165-170.
- S.Y. Chung, J.B. Lee, J.S. Lee, B.G. Lim (2010) A review on the operation of high speed train on urban regions, Proceedings of the Conference of the Korean Society for Railway , Changwon, 7, pp.98-103.
- C.M. Kim (2010) A study on functional positioning and effective analysis of great train express, Report of Gyeonggi Research Institute, 39, pp.3-98.
- G.C. Kim, Y.J. Kim (2002) The analysis of effects on express subway service in the Seoul metropolitan area, Seoul Studies, 3(1), pp.69-80.
- Y.E. Shin (2003) Effects of accelerated transit operation, Journal of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers, 23(6D), pp.745-751.
- J.T. Kim, M.S. Kim, J.S. Hong,Y.H. Cho, T.S. Kim (2014) An Analysis of Boarding and Alighting Times for Urban Railway Vehicles, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 17(3), pp.210-215. https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2014.17.3.210
- O.H. Kwon, M.H. Kim, S.M. Rhee, K.S. Chon (2011) A method for optimal express train stop scheduling using station OD data, Proceedings of the Conference of the Korean Society for Railway, Jeju, pp.1810-1815.
- A. D'Ariano, F. Corman, D. Pacciarelli, M. Pranzo (2008) Reordering and local rerouting strategies to manage train traffic in real time. Transportation Science, 42(4), pp.405-419. https://doi.org/10.1287/trsc.1080.0247
- N. Tomii, Y. Tashiro, N. Tanabe, C. Hirai, K. Muraki (2005) Train rescheduling algorithm which minimizes passengers' dissatisfaction. Innovations in Applied Artificial Intelligence, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 3533. Springer, Berlin, pp. 829-838.
- C.G. Walker, J.N. Snowdon, D.M. Ryan (2005) Simultaneous disruption recovery of a train timetable and crew roster in real time. Computers & Operations Research, 32(8), pp. 2077-2094. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cor.2004.02.001
- J. Rodriguez (2007) A constraint programming model for real-time train scheduling at junctions. Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, 41(2), pp. 231-245. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.trb.2006.02.006
- A. Ginkel, A. Schobel (2007) To wait or not to wait? The bicriteria delay management problem in public transportation. Transportation Science, 41(4), pp. 527-538. https://doi.org/10.1287/trsc.1070.0212
- K. Sato, K. Tamura, N. Tomii (2013) A MIP-based timetable rescheduling formulation and algorithm minimizing further inconvenience to passengers, Journal of Rail Transportation Planning & Management, 3(3), pp. 38-53. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jrtpm.2013.10.007
Supported by : 한국철도기술연구원