- Volume 22 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Fatigue Analysis by the Boarding Period on Training Ship
실습선 승선기간에 의한 승선 집단별 피로도 분석에 관한 연구
- Kim, Seungyeon (Graduate school of Korea Maritime and Ocean University) ;
- Park, Youjin (Korea Maritime and Ocean University) ;
- Lee, Yunsok (Division of Ship Navigation, Korea Maritime and Ocean University)
- Received : 2016.03.14
- Accepted : 2016.04.27
- Published : 2016.04.30
Crew fatigue has been recognized as a major cause of maritime accidents. Systematic study on crew fatigue has a direct impact on the human factor, but the various measures being taken to prevent human error account for most of the causes of marine accidents situation are still insufficient. In this study, 128 people who have a variety of career and job types boarded the T/S Hanbada were analyzed the changes of fatigue during the 87-days a Maritime Silk Road Sailing Expedition. Crew fatigue was measured by period of time onboard classified as mental, physiological and physical changes through survey responses and individual interviews of nurses. Also, it was identified the fatigue factor through quantitative statistical analysis. As a result of repeated measures analysis of variance for the changes of fatigue in position and gender criteria in accordance with boarded period, the position-specific analysis was that Professor Rating group has appeared to feel more mental and physical fatigue than the student population. Also, the results of fatigability about the sex-specific analysis have been found that women feel more physical fatigue than men.
- Arslan, O. and I. D. Er(2007), Effects of Fatigue on Navigation Officers and SWOT Analyze for Reducing Fatigue Related Human Errors on Board, TransNav' 2007-The 7th International Navigational Symposium on Marine Navigation and Safety of Sea Transportation, pp. 623-627.
- Chang, S. J., S. B. Koh, M. G. Kang, S. J. Hyun, B. S. Cha, J. K. Park, J. H. Park, S. A. Kim, D. M. Kang, S. S. Chang, K. J. Lee, E. H. Ha, M. N. Ha, J. M. Woo, J. J. Cho, H. S. Kim and J. S. Park(2005), Correlates of Self-rated Fatigue in Korean Employees, J Prev Med Public Health 2005, Vol. 38, No.1, pp. 71-81.
- Cho, J. Y., J. S. Keum and W. J. Jang(2010), A Study on the Effects of Marine Accidents by Navigation Officers' Fatigue, Journal of the Korean Society of Marine Environment & Safety, Vol. 16, No. 2, pp. 201-207.
- IMO(2001), Guidance on Fatigue Mitigation and Management, MSC/Circ. 1014, IMO. pp. 4-11.
- IMO(2016), Revision of the Guidelines on Fatigue, MSC/Circ. 1014, IMO. pp. 1-4.
- Kim, H. T., S. B. Oh, J. H. Jang and J. H. Park(2015), Development Method of Fatigue Risk Management System, Journal of Korea Institute of Navigation and Port Research, 2015, pp. 171-174.
- Korea Maritime Safety Tribunal(2016), http://data.kmst.go.kr/.
- Project Horizon Consortium(2012), Project Horizon - a wake-up call, Research Report 2012, pp. 2-4.
- Rhodes, W. and V. Gil(2002), Fatigue Management Guide for Canadian Marine Pilots: A Trainer's Handbook, Rhodes& Associates Inc., pp. 5-24.
- Yang, W. J.(2012), Analysis on the Results of Fatigue Survey for Marine Officers, Journal of the Korean Society of Marine Environment & Safety, Vol. 18, No. 6, pp. 551-556. https://doi.org/10.7837/kosomes.2012.18.6.551