- Volume 22 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Promotion to Volunteering for Maritime and Fisheries Field - Focusing on Policy Implications for College Student Volunteer-
해양·수산 분야의 자원봉사 활성화를 위한 연구 - 대학생 자원봉사의 정책적 시사점을 중심으로 -
Jeong, Woo-Lee;Kim, Hyang-Eun;Kim, Se-Won
- Received : 2015.11.12
- Accepted : 2016.04.27
- Published : 2016.04.30
This study collected data of college students' volunteering for maritime and fisheries and found that only few subjects participated in it. They took part in control for release of oil, services for sea village and coastal cleansing. Most were satisfied with their volunteering referring contributing to environment protection, self-fulfillment, social interaction, gaining special experiences and assimilation with nature. The subjects were not satisfied with lack of systematic and effective services, monolithic activities, insufficient publicity, deficient rewards and a shortage of self-capacity. Based upon the research findings, implications for college students' volunteering policies were suggested to promote volunteering for maritime and fisheries.
Volunteering;Youth Volunteers;Maritime and Fisheries;Volunteer Policy;Volunteering for Maritime and Fisheries field
- Hong, B. S. and M. A. Nam(2005), Youth Welfare Theory. Seoul, Yangsuwon, pp. 171-173.
- Kim, D. H., E. Y. Kim, K. H. Kim and Y. S. Lee(2007), The Process on Volunteer Activities of Undergraduates Majoring Social Work: Grounded Theory, Journal of Adolescent Welfare 2007, Vol. 9, No. 2, pp. 101-122.
- Kim, J. J., M. S. Kim, H. K. Kim, H. Noh, J. S. Doh and M. S. Seok(2005), Colleg Students and Volunteer, Seohyunsa, pp. 30-32.
- Kim, U. and M. Y. Song(2006), Study on Factors Affecting the Participation Level of Volunteer Activities among the College Students, Studies on korean youth, Vol. 13, No. 6, pp. 329-359.
- Korean Volunteering, Giving and Helping 2014(2014), A Study of Activity of Voluntary Service & Investigation for Donation Status, Ministry of the Interior, pp. 3-10.