- Volume 22 Issue 2
Based on the Expendable Bathythermograph (XBT) observation and serial oceanographic observation of National Institute of Fisheries Science (NIFS) during July 2013 to July 2015, we examined the temperature variation in the Ulleung Warm Eddy (UWE) in the East Sea. The UWE was always shown during the observation periods even though it was not the whole shape. The coefficient of variation (CV) was largest in the depth of 250 m at the side of the east coast of Korean Peninsula with
Expendable Bathythermograph (XBT);Ulleung Warm Eddy;East Sea Intermediate Water;Coefficient of variation;The East Sea
- An, H., K. Shim and H. R. Shin(1994), On the Warm Eddies in the Southwestern Part of the East Sea (the Japan Sea), J. Korean Soc. Oceanogr., Vol. 29, No. 2, pp. 152-163.
- Chang, K. I., C. I. Zhang, C. Park, D. J. Kang, S. J. Ju, S. H. Lee and M. Wimbush(2016), Oceanography of the East Sea (Japan Sea), ISBN 978-3-319-22719-1, Springer International Publishing Switzerland, p. 460.
- Cho, K. D., T. J. Bang, T. B. Shim and H. S. Yu(1990), Three Dimensional Structure of the Ullung Warm Lens, Bull. Korean Fish. Soc. Vol. 23, No. 4, pp. 323-333.
- Choi, Y. K. and K. D. Cho(1997), Distribution of the East Sea Intermediate Water in November , J. Korean Fish. Soc., Vol. 30, No. 1, pp. 119-127.
- Gordon, A. L., C. F. Giulivi, H. H. Furey, A. Bower and L. Talley(2002), Japan/East Sea Intrathermocline Eddies, J. Phys. Oceanogr., Vol. 32, pp. 1960-1974. https://doi.org/10.1175/1520-0485(2002)032<1960:JESIE>2.0.CO;2
- Isoda, Y. and S. Saitoh(1993), The Northward Intruding Eddy along the East Coast of Korea, J. Oceanogr., Vol. 49, pp. 443-458. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02234959
- Kim, D. S., K. H. Kim, J. Shim and S. Yoo(2007), The Effect of Anticyclonic Eddy on Nutrients and Chlorophyll During Spring and Summer in the Ulleung Basin, East Sea, The Sea J. Korean. Soc. Oceanogr., Vol. 12, No. 4, pp. 280-286.
- Kim, E., Y. J. Ro and Y. H. Youn(2006), Structure of the Temperature and Salinity in 2003-2005 Profiles by the ARGO floats around the Ulleung-do area in the East Sea, The Sea J. Korean Soc. Oceanogr., Vol. 11, No. 1, pp. 21-30.
- Kim, K., K. R. Kim, J. Y. Chung, H. S. Yoo and S. G. Park(1991), Characteristics of Physical Properties in the Ulleung Basin, J. Oceanol. Soc. Korea, Vol. 26, No. 1, pp. 5.
- Kim, Y. G. and K. Kim(1999), Intermediate Waters in the East/Japan Sea, J. Oceanogr., Vol. 55, pp. 123-132. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1007877610531
- Lie, H. J., S. K. Byun, I. Bang and C. H. Cho(1995), Physical Structure of Eddies in the Southwestern East Sea, J. Korean Soc. Oceanogr., Vol. 30, No. 3, pp. 170-183.
- Shin, C. W., S. K. Byun, C. Kim and Y. H. Seung(1998), Southward Intrusion of the East Sea Intermediate Water into the Ulleung Basin: Observations in 1992 and 1993, J. Korean Soc. Oceanogr., Vol. 33, No. 4, pp. 146-156.
- Shin, H. R., S. K. Byun, C. Kim, S. Hwang and C. W. Shin(1995), The Characteristics of Structure of Warm Eddy Observed to the Northwest of Ullungdo in 1992, J. Korean Soc. Oceanogr., Vol. 30, No. 1, pp. 39-56.
- Shin, H. R., C. W. Shin, C. Kim, S. K. Byun and S. C. Hwang(2005), Movement and structural variation of warm eddy WE92 for three years in the Western East/Japan Sea, Deep-Sea Res. II, Vol. 52, pp. 1742-1762. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dsr2.2004.10.004
Grant : Survey of Coastal Fisheries Resouces and Marine Environmental Ecology in the East Sea
Supported by : National Institute of Fisheries Science