- Volume 22 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Development of Low Speed Twin-Hull Form for Seabed Organic Sediment Collection
해저 유기퇴적물 수거를 위한 저속 쌍동형 선형개발 연구
Park, Je-woong;Kim, Do-jung;Oh, Woo-jun;Jeong, Uh-cheul
- Received : 2016.02.29
- Accepted : 2016.04.27
- Published : 2016.04.30
In this study, conceptual design of the fore-body hull form of catamaran type dredging vessel was performed that can effectively remove the contaminated sediments in coastal seabed. The hull form was simpled for the easy hull construction and the resistance performance was investigated to find out the effect of hull form parameters between variation of waterline and angle of entrance, etc. The relation between resistance performance and characteristics of free surface flows according to variation of bow forms was investigated by model testing in the circulating water channel and using Ansys CFX. The improvement of ship resistance performance to the wave resistance decrease due to improved wave pattern has been verified according to move the stem and the volume of the shoulder to the fore part of the vessel.
Twin hull;Hull form design;Numerical simulation;Model test;Wave interaction;Resistance performance
- Bank, J.(2010), Free surface CFD prediction of components of Ship Resistance for KCS, 13th Numerical Towing Tank Symposium, p. 6.
- Jeong, W. C., S. Y. Kwon, G. H. Choi, D. J. Kim and G. S. Hong(2013), Study of Hull Form Development and Resistance Performance of Catamaran-type High Speed Fishing Leisure Boat, Journal of Ocean Engineering and Technology, 27(6), pp. 1-6.
- Jeong, W. C., C. W. Park, K. S. Hong and H. K. Yu(2001), An Experimental Study for Bow Hull Form Development of Catamaran Type Sweeping Vessel, Proceedings of the Korea Committee for Ocean Resources and Engineering Conference, pp. 53-59.
- Kim, D. J.(2006), A Study on Water Jet Propelled Box Shaped Contaminated Organic Sediment Collection System and the Treatment System, Dept. of Advanced Marine Transportation System Engineering, Ph.D. Thesis, pp. 86-112.
- Kim, D. J., J. W. Park, J. N. Kim and W. C. Jeong(2006), An Experimental Study on the Moonpool Characteristics of a Cleaning Ship for Ocean Environment Purification, Journal of Ocean Engineering and Technology, 20(2), pp. 1-6.
- Kim, D. J., J. W. Park, W. C. Jeong and S. K. Kim(2008), Experiments and Numerical Analysis on a System for Collecting Organic Sediment from Seabed, The Korean Society of Marine Environment & Safety, 14(1), pp. 15-20.
- Lee, Y. G, C. Y. Son, W. C. Jeong, D. S. Kang, K. Y. Jeong and D. J. Kim(2006), Hull Form Design of Catamaran Type Dredging Vessel Using Model Test and Numerical Simulation, Journal of Ocean Engineering and Technology, 20(2), pp. 66-71.
- Park, D. W.(2014), A Study on the Performance of a Medium Patrol Boat using CFD, J. Navig. Port Res., 38(6), pp. 585-591. https://doi.org/10.5394/KINPR.2014.38.6.585
- Shin, H. K., M. S. Kim, W. J. Jeong and Y. H. Ha(2012), Estimation of Resistance of Smart Harbor Crane Ship, Journal of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea, 49(1), pp. 1-5. https://doi.org/10.3744/SNAK.2012.49.1.1
- Teresa, C.(2014), URANS simulations of catamaran interference in shallow water, Journal of Marine Science and Technology, 19(1), pp. 33-51. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00773-013-0230-5
- Yoo, J. H. and K. H. Oh(2013), Numerical Prediction of Running Attitude and Resistance of Planing Craft, Journal of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea, 50(2), pp. 99-103.
- A Study on the Trim and Resistance of Small Catamaran Using Numerical Analysis and a Model Test vol.24, pp.5, 2018, https://doi.org/10.7837/kosomes.2018.24.5.591
Supported by : 조선대학교