- Volume 40 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Body Size and Characteristics for Petite-size -Focused on Women Aged 18 to 34-
Petite-size의 신체 치수와 체형 특징 분석 -18~34세 여성을 중심으로-
- Lee, Jeong Yim (Dept. of Clothing & Textiles, Pai Chai University)
- 이정임 (배재대학교 의류패션학과)
- Received : 2015.09.18
- Accepted : 2015.10.28
- Published : 2016.04.30
This study suggested criterion for Petite-size and analyzed the body size and characteristics that were proper to manufacture clothing for Korean Petite-size women aged 18 to 34. It also analyzed size information about pattern making for Petite-size women through a comparison of the size and proportion of Petite-size with Regular-size. The criterion of Petite-size was decided in consideration of the distribution and perception of stature; subsequently, the stature range for Petite-size was defined as under 157.5cm. Body size and proportion of Petite-size were analyzed through calculating the mean from 25 to 75 percentiles of a Petite-size stature range. The Petite-size of this study was compared to KS Petite and total subjects through One way ANOVA. It was confirmed that the Petite-size of this study had body characteristics like KS Petite; however, Petite-size was larger in height and vertical length than KS Petite. The significant differences between Petite-size and Regular-size were identified in the same bust girth range, that required a revised calculation formula for pattern making that would be proper for Petite-size. It is expected that the Body size and proportion could be utilized as a reference for manufacturing or purchasing Petite-size clothing. The result of this study will contribute to enhance the fit satisfaction for Petite-size women aged 18 to 34.
- Banana Republic. (n.d.). Finding your size. Banana Republic. Retrieved April 2, 2015, from http://bananarepublic.gap.com/customerService/info.do?cid=80743&cs=size_charts&mlink=5001,8723809,4&clink=8723809#open
- British Standard Institution. (2002). BS EN 13402-2:2002 Size designation of clothes. Primary and secondary dimensions. London: Author.
- British Standard Institution. (2004). BS EN 13402-3:2004 Size designation of clothes. Measurements and intervals. London: Author.
- Burdastyle. (n.d.). Size chart. Burdastyle.com. Retrieved October 6, 2015, from http://www.burdastyle.com/statics/size-chart
- Cho, Y. J., & Lee, J. R. (2004). A study on the satisfaction and the clothing behavior based on the perceived somatotype by Korean female students. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 28(2), 262-269.
- International Organization for Standardization. (1991). ISO/TR 10652:1991 Standard sizing systems for clothes. Geneva: Author.
- Isetan. (n.d.). Women. Isetan Online Store. Retrieved May 10, 2015, from http://isetan.mistore.jp/onlinestore/women/index.html?rid=d7c70ad97e1b4f02a80f889e175f159f
- Japanese Standards Association. (2001). JIS L 4005:2001 Sizing systems for women's garments. Tokyo: Author.
- JCPenney. (n.d.). Women>Petites. JCPenney. Retrieved April 2, 2015, from http://www.jcpenney.com/women/petites/cat.jump?id=cat100250027&deptId=dept20000013&cmJCP_T=G1&cmJCP_C=D4
- Kim, S. H. (1998). Comparisons of body proportions between caucasian and Asian women - Focused on petite size -. The Research Journal of the Costume Culture, 6(4), 238-246.
- Korean Agency for Technology and Standards. (2005). The research report: Study on international comparison of body size and standard sizing systems. Eumseong: Author.
- Korean Agency for Technology and Standards. (2011). 제6차 인체치수데이터 [The 6th Size Korea data]. Size Korea. Retrieved March 31, 2015, from http://sizekorea.kats.go.kr/02_data/outline.asp
- Korean Standards Association. (2009). KS K 0051:2009 Sizing systems for female adult's garments. Seoul: Author.
- Lee, H. C. (2012). Rules of pattern. Seoul; Kyomunsa.
- Lee, J. Y. (2011). Body Characteristics, perceived body size and body-cathexis for short women aged 18 to 59. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 35(11), 1346-1361. doi:10.5850/JKSCT.2011.35.11.1346 https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2011.35.11.1346
- Ann Taylor. (n.d.). Petites. Ann Taylor. Retrieved April 2, 2015, from http://www.anntaylor.com/petites/cata00004
- American Society for Testing and Materials. (2001). ASTM D 5585-95(2001) Standard table of body measurements for adult female misses figure type, Sizes 2-20 (Withdrawn 2010). West Conshohocken, PA: Author.
- Lee, J. Y., & Joo, S. Y. (2005). Size analysis of ready-made clothing for elderly women and fit evaluation according to their body type. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 29(8), 1092-1101.
- National Bureau of Standards. (1971). Voluntary product standard PS 42-70 body measurements for the sizing of women's patterns and apparel (Withdrawn 1983). Washington, D.C.: U.S. Department of Commerce.
- Standardization Administration of China. (2008). GB/T 1335.2-2008 Standard sizing systems for garments-Women. Beijing: Author.
- Youthhitech. (2014). YUKA CAD tutorial. Seoul: Skill & Emotion.