- Volume 36 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Effect of Scrap Content on the Hot Tearing Property and Tensile Property of AC2BS Alloy
AC2BS합금의 열간 균열강도 및 인장특성에 미치는 스크랩 함량의 영향
Kwon, Yong-Ho;Kim, Heon-Joo
- Received : 2016.03.11
- Accepted : 2016.03.25
- Published : 2016.04.30
The effects of scrap content on the hot tearing property and tensile property were investigated in AC2BS alloy. The hot tearing strengths were
AC2BS;Scrap content;Hot tearing strength;Tensile property
- J. L. Jorstad, Die Casting Engineer, "Future technology in Aluminum die casting", 9 (2006) 18-25.
- G. Trenda, Cast Plant Technol., "Die casting alloy for ductile thin-walled Structural Parts", 22 (2006) 28.
- Kim HS, Kim HM and Kim WY, Trends in Metals and Materials Engineering, "Trends in the Aluminum Scrap Recycling Industry" 23 (2010) 23-30.
- J. A. S. Tenorio and D. C. R. Espinosa, J. Light Metals 2, "Effect of salt/oxide interaction on the process of aluminum recycling.", (2002) 89-93.
- S. Das and W. Yin, Journal of Metals, "Trends in the Global Aluminum Fabrication Industry", 59 (2007) 83-87.
- Lee YI, Han YS, Kim DH and Kim WT, The Korean Institute of Metals and Materials, "Understanding and use of aluminum application", Seoul (2005) 272.
- Gabrielle Gaustada, B. Elsa Olivetti and Randolph Kirchainb, Resources Conservation and Recycling, "Improving aluminum recycling: A survey of sorting and impurity removal technologies", 58 (2012) 79-87. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.resconrec.2011.10.010
- A. R. Khoei, I. Masters, and D. T. Gethin, J., Materials Processing Technology, "Design optimisation of aluminium recycling processes using Taguchi technique", 127 (2002) 96- 106. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0924-0136(02)00273-X
- J. L. Jorstad, Wayne and D. L. Zalensas, American Foundrymen's Society Inc, "Aluminum Casting Technology 2nd Edi", (1997) 21-26.
- M. Jaradeh and T. Carberg, Light metal, "Method Developed for Quantitative Assessment of Inclusions in Aluminum Billets", (2007) 679-684.
- T. H. Nguyen and R. T. Foley, J. Electrochem. Soc., "The chemical nature of aluminium corrosion, III. The dissolution mechanism of aluminium oxide and aluminium powder in various electrolytes.", 127 (1980) 2563-2566. https://doi.org/10.1149/1.2129520
- Kim HJ, J. Korea Foundry Society, "Quantitative Evaluation of Solidification Crack Strength of AC2B Aluminum Casting Alloy", 34 (2014) 136-142. https://doi.org/10.7777/jkfs.2014.34.4.136
- D. Dispinar and J. Campbell, International Journal of Cast Metals Research, "Critical assessment of reduced pressure test. Part I: porosity phenomena", 17 (2004) 280-286. https://doi.org/10.1179/136404604225020696
- D. Dispinar and J. Campbell, International Journal of Cast Metals Research, "Critical assessment of reduced pressure test. Part II: quantification", 17 (2004) 287-294. https://doi.org/10.1179/136404604225020704
- D. Dispinar and J. Campbell, Foundry Trade Journal, "Metal quality studies in secondary remelting of aluminium", 178. 3612 (2004) 78-81.
- Merton C. Flemings, Solidification Processing, McGraw-Hill Book, (1974) 247-8.
- Kim HJ, J. Korea Foundry Society, "Effect of Mold Preheat Temperature on Solidification Crack Strength of AC2B Aluminum Alloy", 34 (2014) 162-169. https://doi.org/10.7777/jkfs.2014.34.5.162
- H. G. Fjr and A. Mo, Metall. Meter. Trans. B, "A mathematical model for thermal stresses in direct chill casting of Aluminium billets", 21B (1990) 1049-1061.
- B. Magnin, L. Katgerman and B. Hannart, Proc. 7th Conf. Modelling of Casting, Welding and advanced solidification processes, VII, Edit by X. M. Cross and J. Campbell, "Physical and numerical modelling of thermal stress generation during DC casting of Aluminum alloys", Warrendale, PA, USA (1995) 303-310.
- D. J. Lahaie and M. Bouchard, Metall. Meter. Trans. B, "Physical modeling of the deformation mechanisms of semisolid bodies and a mechanical criterion for hot tearing", 32B (2001) 697-705.
- N. N. Prokhorov, Russian Castings Production, "Re nement in the hot tearing of cast Al-Cu alloy", 2 (1962) 172-175.
- M. Rappaz, J. M. Drezet and M. Gremaud, Metall. Meter. Trans. A, "A new hot-tearing criterion", 30A (1999) 449-455.
- D. G. Eskin and L. Katgerman, Metall. Meter. Trans. A, "A quest for a new hot-tearing criterion", 38A (2007) 1511-1519.
- A. K. Dahle, S. Instone and T. Sumitomo, Metallurgical and Materials Transaction A, "Relationship between Tensile and Shear Strengths of the Mushy Zone in Solidifiying Aluminum Alloys", 34A (2003) 105-113.
- G. B. Eisaabadi, P. Davami, Kim SK and N. Varahram, Materials Science and Engineering A, "Effects of hydrogen and oxides on tensile properties of Al-Si-Mg cast alloys", 552 (2012) 36-47. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.msea.2012.04.111
- Kim KB, Seok HK, Kim YS, Yoon JC, Lee DY, Chunga CR and Hana DS, Journal of Ceramic Processing Research, "Optimization of melt treatment for in-house recycling of Al alloy scrap", 7 (2006) 266-270.
Supported by : 부경대학교