- Volume 17 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Algorithm for Single Phase Control of IGBT PWM Rectifier
IGBT PWM Rectifier의 각상 개별제어 알고리즘에 관한 연구
Kim, Seung-Ho;Park, Jae-Beom;Tae, Dong-Hyun;Kim, Seung-Jong;Song, Joong-Ho;Rho, Dae-Seok
- Received : 2015.10.05
- Accepted : 2016.04.07
- Published : 2016.04.30
Recently, the use of transformer-less UPS has increased to improve the efficiency of UPS. However, transformer-less UPS is required in three-phase four-wire input IGBT PWM rectifier and the existing three-phase three-wire PFC algorithm cannot be applied in the three-phase four-wire system due to the neutral current problem of UPS input. To control the three-phase four-wire input IGBT PWM rectifier, there are two existing algorithms: 3D SVM and single phase control method. These two algorithms have advantages/disadvantages in controlling the rectifier. The single phase control method is unstable for controlling the rectifier and the 3D SVM method has a problem that must increase the L value of the input-side inductor considerably. Therefore, this paper proposes digital single phase control technology and another new algorithm considering the d-q control, to improve the characteristics of the existing control algorithm. In addition, this paper performed a simulation and experiment based on the proposed control algorithm. The simulation results showed that the proposed technology can control three-phase four-wire IGBT PWM rectifier in a stable manner and can also reduce the neutral current. The proposed algorithm is a useful tool for controlling the three-phase four-wire IGBT PWM rectifier.
UPS;IGBT PWM Rectifier;Single Phase Control;d-q Control
- IEC 62040-3 Uninterruptible Power System, Annex-I 2011.
- Juha Lantta, "The UPS Trend", Eaton Powerware Finland, 2003.
- White Paper, "High Power UPS Achieves Significant Size and Weight Reductions While Enhancing Performance", Eaton Powerware, 2009.
- John G. Tracy, Hans-Erik Pfitzer, "Achieving High Efficiency in Double Conversion Transformer-less UPS" Eaton Powerware, IEEE, 2005. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/IECON.2005.1569031 https://doi.org/10.1109/IECON.2005.1569031
- E. H. Kim, J. M. Kwon, B. H. Kwon, "Transformer-less three-phase on-line UPS with high performance" IET Power Electron, 2009. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1049/iet-pel:20070422 https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-pel:20070422
- Xiangsheng Li, Zhiquan, Zhida Chen, and Qingzhao Fei "Analysis and Simplification of Three-Dimensional Space Vector PWM for Three-Phase Four-Leg Inverter", IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON INDUSTRIAL ELECTRONICS, Vol. 58, 2011. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2010.2046610 https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2010.2046610
- Seung-Ho Kim, Seung-Teak Oh, Joo-kwang Lee, Sang-Won Yoo, Dae-seok Rho, "Algorithm of single phase control of IGBT PWM rectifier", Korea University of Technology and Education, 2014.
- Sang-Hun Kim, "DC and AC Motor Control", Bogdoo publishing company, pp.159-196, 268-308, 2007.
- S.Y. Choi, R.Y. Kim, H.N. Kwon and J.W. Song, "The Control of Single Phase Inverter System Using DQ Modeling", korean institute of power electronics, announced conference proceedings in 2003, pp. 602-605.
- K.-H. Um, "Design of Semiconductor-Operated Bidirectional Transformers Driven by Polarities of Alternating Voltage Sources," The Journal of The Institute of Internet, Broadcasting and Communication (IIBC), Vol. 15, No. 1, pp.253-259, Feb. 28, 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7236/JIIBC.2015.15.1.253 https://doi.org/10.7236/JIIBC.2015.15.1.253
- S.-K. Shin, B.-J. Lee, D.-W. Jang, K.-S. Kim, "Implementation of a dynamic high-performance Notch Filter for Power-Line Communications," The Journal of The Institute of Internet, Broadcasting and Communication (IIBC), Vol. 13, No. 1, pp.221-227, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7236/JIIBC.2013.13.1.221 https://doi.org/10.7236/JIIBC.2013.13.1.221
- T.K. Oh, H.K. choi, H.K. Lee, "Design of Waveguide Low Pass Filter using Rectangular Rings and Ridges," The Journal of The Institute of Internet, Broadcasting and Communication (IIBC), Vol. 14, No. 1, pp.7-13, Feb. 28, 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7236/JIIBC.2014.14.1.7 https://doi.org/10.7236/JIIBC.2014.14.1.7