- Volume 17 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Development of Program to improve the Positive Psychology Capital of University Student' and its Effects
대학생의 긍정심리자본 향상 프로그램 개발 및 효과 분석
- Jo, Yun-Seo (Catholic Kwandong University)
- 조윤서 (가톨릭관동대학교)
- Received : 2016.02.16
- Accepted : 2016.04.07
- Published : 2016.04.30
The aim of this study was to development a program to improve the positive psychological capital of university students and its effects. The program to improve the positive psychological capital of university students was developed based on the systemic counseling program development model. For this purpose, the program to improve the positive psychological capital was carried out a total of 6 times (90 minutes per session) once a week for 24 university students at "C"university located in Gangwon-do, which was divided into 2 groups. In this study, the data were collected through a pretest and a posttest and, data analysis was performed using SPSS 20.0 ver. Based on the results, the program to improve the positive psychology capital was effective in increasing the positive psychology capital. Finally, the implications of the results, as well as the significance and limitations of the present study are discussed.
Supported by : 가톨릭관동대학교
- Erilk H. Erikson, Identity: Youth and crisis, New York: Norton, 1968.
- Cha Yeon Kang, Kyong Park. "The Relationship Between Attachment and Career Development in College Students", Korean journal of counseling and psychology, Vol.13, No.2, pp. 51-69, 2001.
- Ok Bun Jung, Developmental Psychology, Seoul: Hakjisa, 2014.
- Young Ju Jung, Sun Min, Yun Ju Ha, Eun A Kim, Hyun Ju Na, The effect of positive psychology program on the sense of purpose, self-efficacy of adolescences, Workshop presentation file of Autumn Conference of Koreamanagement, pp. 398-411, 2010.
- Hee Eun Kim, Mi Hyoun Lee, In Gyu Kim, "The Recent Trends and Meta Analysis of the Effect of Group Counselling Program for Domestic University Students", Korea Journal of Counseling, Vol.15, No.4, pp. 1441-1456, 2014 DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.15703/kjc.15.4.201408.1441 https://doi.org/10.15703/kjc.15.4.201408.1441
- Statistic Korea, Annual employment trends 2012, 2013.
- Yun Seo Jo, "The Influence of Subjective Cognition about Determinant Factors in Employment on Job Satisfaction", Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol.14, No.5, pp. 2168-2177, 2013. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.5.2168
- Jae Yun Jang, Eun Yeon Jang, Bum Sung Kim, Yeon Hae No, Ji Young Lee, Ji Hyoung Han, "The Longitudinal Effects of Youth Unemployment on Mental Health", Korean Journal of Psychology: General, Vol.23, No.2, pp. 121-144, 2004.
- Myoung Hee Sin, Eun Hee Seo, Soo Ji Song, Eun Kyoung Kim, Young Sil Won, Won Kyoung No, Jung Min Kim, So Yeon Gang, Ho Yong Im, Developmental Psychology, Seoul: Hakjisa, 2015.
- Ju Youb Kim, "Happiness : A New Horizon of Organizational Behavior", Korean Journal of Human Resources Development, Vol.12, No.1, pp. 123-141, 2009.
- Fred Luthans, Kyle W. Luthans, Brett C. Luthans, "Positive psychological capital: Going beyond human and social capital". Business Horizons, Vol.47, No.1, pp. 45-50, 2004. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.bushor.2003.11.007 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bushor.2003.11.007
- Fred Luthans, Carolyn M. Youssef, Buce J. Avolio, Psychological capital: Developing the human competitive edge, Oxford University Press, 2007.
- Fred Luthans, Carolyn M. Youssef, Buce J. Avolio, Psychological capital: Developing the human competitive edge, (Gang Hoon Kim, Jung Ki Kim, Sang Man Park translation), Seoul: Lux-Media, 2012.
- Fred Luthans, Bruce J. Avolio, James B. Avey, Steven M. Norman, "Positive psychological capital: Measurement and relationship with performance and satisfaction", Personnel psychology, Vol.60, NO.3, pp. 541-572, 2007. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1744-6570.2007.00083.x https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1744-6570.2007.00083.x
- Karen Reivich, Andrew Shatte, 7keys to finding your inner strength and overcoming life's hurdles,. (Mon Sik Woo, Sang Wun Yun translation), Kyounggi: Mulpure, 2014.
- Martin E. Seligman, Positive Psychology, (In Ja Kim, Mon Sik Woo translation), Kyounggi: Mulpure, 2011.
- Ju Seob Kim, "Structural Relationship between Psychological Capital of College Students on Job Search Self-Efficacy and Employment-Preparation Behavior",Andragogy Today, Vol.28, No.2, pp.43-67, 2015.
- Marianne Corey, Gerald Corey, Cindy Corey, Group: Process and Practice, Cengage Learning, 2013.
- Hyoung Tae Kim, Group counseling theory and practice, Seoul: Dongmunsa, 2008.
- John L. Horn, The aging of human abilities. Handbook of developmental psychology, pp. 847-870, , New York: Prentice-Hall, 1982.
- Eli Ginzberg, Career development. In D. Brown, L. Brooks, &Associates(Eds.), Career choice and development, San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 1990.
- Donald E. Super, Reuben Starishevsky, Norman Matlin, Jan Pieere Jordan, "Self-concepts in vocational development." Career development: Self-concept theory, pp, 1-16, 1963.
- Erik H. Erikson, "Life cycle", International encyclopedia of the social sciences, Vol.9, pp. 286-292, 1968b.
- George E. Valliant, Adaptation to life: How the best and brightest came of age, Boston: Little, Brown, 1977.
- Kim S. Cameron, Jane E. Dutton, Robert E. Quinn, "Developing a discipline of positive organizational scholarship." Positive Organizational Scholarship. Foundations of a new discipline, San Francisco: Berrett-Koehler Publishers, pp. 361-370, 2003.
- Jung Ki Kim, Sang Man Park, Gang Hun Kim, "Positive Psychological Capital(PsyCap) and Social Integration: focusing on Lee Myuong-bak Government's pro-ordinary people policy", The study of government and information, Vol.14, No.1, pp. 121-150, 2011.
- Suk Man Gyun, Positive psychology, Seoul: Hakjisa, 2008.
- James S. Coleman, "Social capital in the creation of human capital", American journal of sociology, S95-S120, 1988. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1086/228943 https://doi.org/10.1086/228943
- Pierre Bourdieu, The forms of capital Handbook of theory and research for the sociology of education, New York: Greenwood, pp. 241-258, 1986.
- Dong Chul Kim, The Relationship among Main Factors of the Positive Organizational Behavior, doctoral dissertation at Kangwon National University, 2012.
- Fred Luthans, James B. Avey, Bruce J. Avolio, Steven M. Norman, Gwendolyn M. Combs,"Psychological capital development: toward a micro-intervention", Journal of Organizational Behavior, Vol.27, No.3, pp. 387-393, 2006. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/job.373 https://doi.org/10.1002/job.373
- Albert Bandura, Social foundations of thought and action: A social cognitive theory, NJ: Prentice-Hall, 1986.
- Richard C. Snyder, "Hope Theory: Rainbows in the Mind", Psychological Inquiry, Vol.13, No.4, pp. 249-275, 2002. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1207/S15327965PLI1304_01 https://doi.org/10.1207/S15327965PLI1304_01
- Orval Mowrer, Learning theory and behavior, US: John Wiley & Sons, 1960. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/10802-000 https://doi.org/10.1037/10802-000
- Sang Bok Lee, Positive psychology, Kyouggi; Gongdongchae, 2013.
- Martin E. Seligman, Learned optimism. New York: Pocket, 1998.
- Sandra L. Schneider, "In search of realistic optimism", American Psychologist, Vol.569, No.3, pp. 250-263, 2001. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/0003-066X.56.3.250 https://doi.org/10.1037/0003-066X.56.3.250
- James B. Avey, Fred Luthans, Carolyn M. Youssef, "The Additive Value of Positive Psychological Capital in Predicting Work Attitudes and Behaviors", Journal of Management, Vol.36, No.2, pp. 430-452, 2010. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/0149206308329961 https://doi.org/10.1177/0149206308329961
- Ju Youb Kim, Myoung Soo Kim, "The effects of positive psychological capital on employee job satisfaction and affective commitment", Korean Business Education Review, Vol.67, pp. 117-148, 2011.
- Dea Young Jung, Gyun Hong Park, Jang Duk Seo, "Positive Psychological Capital and Leadership Performance", Korean Business Education Review, Vol. 66, pp. 401-428, 2011.
- Ji Young Kim, Gang Sik Kim, Dong Myoung Lee, "The Relationship among Self Leadership, Organizational Citizenship Behavior, and Psychological Capital of Airline Personnel", Journal of the Aviation Management Society of Korea, Vol.10, No.1, pp. 111-129, 2012.
- Mi Young Lee, Influence of Head Nurse's Transformational Leadership on Staff Nurse's Psychological Well-being, Stress and Somatization: Focused on the Mediating Effect of Positive Psychological Capital, doctoral dissertation at Chosun University, 2011.
- Eun Sil Kim, Yun Jung Paek, "Relationship between Positive Psychological Capital and Social Capital and Individual Creativity", Journal of Organization and Management, Vol.38, No.1, pp. 93-122, 2014.
- Fred Luthans, "Positive organizational behavior: Developing and managing psychological strengths". The Academy of Management Executive, Vol.16, No.1, pp. 57-72, 2002. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5465/AME.2002.6640181 https://doi.org/10.5465/AME.2002.6640181
- Fred Luthans, James B. Avey, Bruce J. Avolio, Suzznne J. Peterson, "The development and resulting performance impact of positive psychological capital", Human resource development quarterly, Vol.21, No.1, pp. 41-67, 2010. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/hrdq.20034 https://doi.org/10.1002/hrdq.20034
- Hyun Ju Hong, Soo Jin Kim, "The Effects of Positive Psychology Group Counseling Program on Depression, Hope and Optimism of Adolescent", Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society, Vol.16, No.2, pp. 1045-1059, 2014.
- Sun Young Kim, The Effectiveness of Appreciative Inquiry(AI)-based Group Coaching Program on Positive Affect, Positive Psychological Capital and Job Engagement among Organization Members, master's dissertation at Kangwon National University, 2014.
- Soo Hyoun Kim, Gyu Hun Kim, "Development and validation of Optimism Improvement Program: mediating effects of alternative solution thinking ability", The Korean Journal of Clinical Psychology, Vol.31, No.2, pp. 541-560, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.15842/kjcp.2012.31.2.008 https://doi.org/10.15842/kjcp.2012.31.2.008
- Soon Bok Kim, (The)Effects of optimistic improvement program on the ego-resilience and school life satisfaction of elementary school children, master's dissertation at Seoul National University of Education, 2007.
- Yong Chun No, Soon Ha Yun, "Effects of the Optimism Enhancement Program for Elementary School Children's Mothers on Optimism of Mothers and Their Children", The Korea Journal of Counseling, Vol.10, No.4, pp. 2055-2073, 2009. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.15703/kjc.10.4.200912.2055 https://doi.org/10.15703/kjc.10.4.200912.2055
- Ok Ran Kim, The Effect of the Hope Improvement Group Program on the Hopeness and the Self-Esteem of the juvenile offender sin the juvenile protection & treatment facilities, master's dissertation at Sangji University, 2010.
- Mi Young Kim, The Effects of Hope Enhancement Program on Children's Ego-Resilience, master's dissertation at Seoul National University of Education University, 2014.
- Myoung Sim Park, Sung Hee Kim, The Development of Career Self-Efficacy Enhancement Program for High School Students, Korea Journal of Counseling, Vol.10, No.3, pp. 1593-1609, 2009. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.15703/kjc.10.3.200909.1593 https://doi.org/10.15703/kjc.10.3.200909.1593
- Chang Jin Byoun, Program development, Daegu: Hong-ik, 1994.
- In Woo Pak, Efficient system for group counseling program,, guide counselling, 20, pp. 10-40, Daegu: Gyoubyoung Institute of student life, 1995.
- Steve Sussman, "Curriculum development in school-based prevention reseach", Health Educational Research: Theory and Practice, Vol.6, pp. 339-351, 2001. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1093/her/6.3.339 https://doi.org/10.1093/her/6.3.339
- Chang Dae Kim, Youth group counseling program development and evaluation, The operation of the youth group counseling, pp. 75-108, Seoul: Korea Youth Counseling Institute, 2002.
- Chang Dae Kim, Hyoung Soo Kim, Ul Jin Sin, Sang Hae Lee, Han Na Choi, Development and Assessmnt of Counselling and Psychology education, Seoul: Hakjisa, 2011.
- Sharon K. Parker, "Enhancing role breadth self-efficacy: the roles of job enrichment and other organizational interventions", Journal of Applied Psychology, Vol.83, No.6, p. 835, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.83.6.835
- Charles R. Snyder, Susie C. Simpson, Florence C. Ybasco, Tyrone F. Borders, Michael A. Babyak, Raymond L. Higgins, "Development and validation of the state hope scale", Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, Vol.70, No.20 , pp. 321-355, 1996. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.83.6.835 https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35126.96.36.1991
- Michael F. Scheier, Charles S. Carver, "Optimism, coping, and health: assessment and implications of generalized outcome expectancies", Health psychology, Vol.4, No.3, p. 219, 1985. https://doi.org/10.1037/0278-6188.8.131.52
- Gail Wagnild, Heather Young, "Development and psychometric", Journal of Nursing Management, Vol.1, No.(2, pp. 165-178, 1993.
- Hee Kyoung Lee, Eun Kyoung Yun, Hee Won Kim, "The Effects of Optimism-Improvement Program on Self-Expression Ability, Interpersonal Relation Ability, and Stress among the Middle School Students", Journal of Adolescent Welfare, Vol.16, No.1, pp. 379-400, 2014.
- Jae Gyun Lee, Jea Youn Whang, "The Development of College Student Peer Counseling Program for Advancing Self-efficacy", The Journal of Educational Research, Vol.23, pp. 67-87, 2009.
- Mu Sung Jung, Jin Mo Jung, Social welfare program development and assessment, Seoul: Yangseowon, 2001.
- Jung Mi Tark, Effects of Solution-focused Brief Counseling Program for College Student, master'sdissertation at Chonnam University, 2004.