- Volume 10 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Influence of Social Support for a Cancer Patient undergoing Radiation Treatment on Quality of Life
방사선치료중인 암환자의 사회적 지지가 삶의 질에 미치는 영향
Kim, Sunggil;Ruy, Soyeon
- Received : 2016.01.12
- Accepted : 2016.04.25
- Published : 2016.04.30
This study, targeting a cancer patient undergoing radiation treatment, conducted this research with the aim of looking into the relevance between family support belonging to a patient's primary environment, social support consisting of medical personnel, and the quality of life; this study set 199 patients available for investigation from Jan. 25, 2012 until April 30, 2012 as research subjects among the cancer patients undergoing radiation treatment at the Radiation Oncology Department of a university hospital located in Seoul Metropolitan City. In the analysis of collected data, this study conducted t-test using SPSS/WIN 18.0 Statistical Program, and looked into the relevancy between independent variables including social support, and the quality of life as a dependent variable using analysis of variance, correlation analysis and multi-regression analysis. Conclusively, it was found that the higher the family support perceived by a cancer patient undergoing radiation treatment, the higher the quality of his/her life; thus, this study could learn that there exists a significant relation between family support and the quality of life. Accordingly, it is thought that it's necessary to develop an intervention strategy which makes it possible to intensify family support and social support, etc. for the purpose of improving the quality of life of cancer patients undergoing radiation treatment; further, this study thinks that it's necessary to do additional research which could analyze diverse aspects by subdividing the future quality of life by area.
Radiation Treatment;Cancer Patient;Family Support;Social Support;Quality of Life
- King, K, Nail, L, Kreamer, K, Strohl, R, Johnson, J. "Patients description of the experience of receiving radiation therapy" Oncology Nursing FORUM, Korea, Vol 12, No. 4, pp. 55-61, 1985.
- K. H. Jo, M. J. Kim, "A Study on the Quality of Life, Family Support and Hope of Hospitalized and Home Care Cancer Patients", The Korean Society of Nursing Science, Korea, Vol. 27, No. 2, pp. 353-363, 1997.
- O. S. Kim, "A study on the correlation between perceived social support and the quality of life of hemodialysis patients", College of Nursing, Seoul National University, Korea, 1993.
- Y. E. Kwon, "A Study on the Relationship Between social Support and Quality of Life of Cancer Patients", The Graduate School of Yon Sei University, Korea, 1990.
- Y. R. Koh, "A Study on the influences of Hospice-care for the Quality of life of Patients with terminal Cancer", The Graduate School of Kyung Gi University, Korea, 2002.
- Y. Jung, "The relationship between self-care agency and quality of life of cancer", The Korean Society of Adult Nursing, Korea, Vol 5, No. 2, pp. 188-20, 1993.
- G. S. Kim, "A Study on the Relationship Between Perceived Family Support and Quality of Life of Cancer Patients", The Graduate School of Dae Jun University, Korea, 2002.
- H. Moon, "The Effect of Perceived Social Support and symptom Distress of Patients with cancer on hope", Korean Academy of Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing, Korea, Vol 4, No 1, pp. 27-44, 1995.
- J. H. Jung, S. Y. Ryu, H. E. Yoon, T. G. Nam, Y. G. Oh, H. O. Ahn, G. N. Park, Y. S. Lee, "Relationship Between Social Support and Quality of Life among Cancer Patients Receiving Radiation Therapy", The Medical Journal of Chosun University, Korea, Vol 27, No 2, pp. 27-30, 2003.
- G. M. Shin, "The relationship between social support and quality of life of cancer patients", Hanyang University Graduate School of Clinical Nursing Information. Korea, 2009.
- C. I. Park, "Suggestions for Society development", The Korean Society for Radiation Oncology, Korea, Vol 20, No. 2, pp. 20-23, 2002.
- S. G. Choi, S. S. Kim, H. S. Bai, "Results of Preoperative Concurrent Chemoradiotherapy for Locally Advanced Rectal Cancer", The Korean Society for Radiation Oncology, Korea, Vol 25, No. 1, pp. 34, 2007.
- Influences of Uncertainty and Social Support on the Quality of Life among Elderly Cancer Patients vol.17, pp.3, 2017, https://doi.org/10.5388/aon.2017.17.3.180
- Factors associated with Health-related Quality of Life in Patients with Peripheral Arterial Disease vol.30, pp.3, 2018, https://doi.org/10.7475/kjan.2018.30.3.266