- Volume 10 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Survey on the Radiation Exposure Doses Reduction Plan through Dose Index Analysis in the Pediatric Brain Computed Tomography
소아 두부 컴퓨터단층촬영검사에서 선량지표 분석을 통한 방사선 피폭선량 감소 방안에 대한 연구
Kim, Hyeon-Jin;Lee, Hyo-Yeong;Im, In-Chul;Yu, Yun-Sik
- Received : 2016.02.18
- Accepted : 2016.04.25
- Published : 2016.04.30
In this study, the proposal to seek ways to reduce the amount of radiation is drawn by comparing and analyzing CT Dose Index(CTDI) on the pediatric head CT which was performed at the busan regional hospitals, to the national diagnostic reference levels. As a result, it was appeared to exceed the amount of the dose recommendation in order of hospital, general hospital and senior general hospital in the hospital-specific classification and from 2 to 5 year, from 1 month to 1 year and from 6 to 10 year in the age-specific classification. In addition, the amount of the dose recommendation was exceed in order of helical, axial and volume in the scan-specific classification. As the results of the scan range reset to match the diagnostic reference level, the dose reduction showed 11.68%, 15.79% and 20.66% in senior general hospital, general hospital and hospital respectively. In the results of analysing patient average scan ranges which does not deviate from the guideline of patient dose recommendation, there was age of 1 month to 1 year, 2 to 5 year and 6 to 10 year of
Picture archiving communication system;Electronic medical record;Computed tomography dose index;Standard diagnostic reference level
- T. Kubo, Y. Ohno, H. U. Kauczor, H. Hatabu, "Radiation dose reduction in chest CT-Review of available options", Europe Journal of Radiology, Vol. 83, pp. 1953-1961, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejrad.2014.06.033
- J. D. Yeo, I. H. Go, "A Study on Perception by Examines of the Radiology Department about Exposure to Radioactivity", Journal of korean society of radiology, Vol. 7, No.5, pp. 321-331, 2013. https://doi.org/10.7742/jksr.2013.7.5.321
- K. Hamwan, A. Krisanachinda, P. Pasawang, "The determination of patient dose from 18F-FDG PET/CT examination", Radiation Protection Dosimetry, Vol. 141, No. 1, pp. 50-55, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1093/rpd/ncq140
- E. L. Nickoloff, P. O. Alderson, "Radiation exposure to patients from CT: reality public perception and policy", American Journal of Roentgenology. Vol. 176, pp. 285-287, 2001.
- J. Aldrich, J. Williams, "Change in patient doses from radiological; examinations at the Vancouver general hospital", American Journal of College Radiology Protection, Vol. 56, No. 5 pp. 94-99, 2005.
- S. J. Golding, P. C. Shrimpton, "Radiation dose in CT: are we meeting the challenge", British Jounal of Radiology, Vol. 75, pp. 1-4, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1259/bjr.75.889.750001
- Health Insurance Review & Assessment Service. 2005 National health insurance Statistical yearbook. Seoul: Health Insurance Review & Assessment Service: 2006
- M. Mahesh, E. K. Fishman, "CT dose reduction strategy: to modulate dose or not in certain patients", American Journal of College Radiology Protection, Vol. 9, pp. 931-932, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jacr.2012.09.021
- L M. Hamberg, J. T. Rhea, G. J. Hunter, J. H. THrall, "Multi-detector row CT: radiation dose characteristics", Radiology Vol. 226, pp. 762-772, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1148/radiol.2263020205
- M. F. McNitt-Gray, "AAPM/RSNA Physics tutorial for residents: topics in CT, radiation dose in CT", Radiographics Vol. 22, pp.1541-1553, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1148/rg.226025128
- Commission of the European Communities (CEC), "Quality Criteria for Computed Tomography", European Guidelines, European journal of clinical microbiology & infectious diseases 16262, Luxembourg, 1999.
- Korea Food & Drug Administration, "Standard diagnostic reference level (DRL) for the pediatric brain CT recommended", Radiation Safety Management Series, No. 31, 2012.
- H. W. Goo, "Pediatric CT: understanding of Radiation dose and Optimization of Imaging Techniques", Journal of korean society of radiology, Vol. 52, pp. 1-5, 2005. https://doi.org/10.3348/jkrs.2005.52.1.1
- "Managing patient Dose in Computed Tomography" ICRP Publication 87, p. 20, 2000.