- Volume 10 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Variation of Indoor Average Ozone Concentration within the Radiation Therapy Room by High Energy Radiation
고 에너지 방사선에 기인된 방사선치료실 내 평균 오존 농도의 변화
- Received : 2016.02.18
- Accepted : 2016.04.25
- Published : 2016.04.30
This study was to evaluate the change in characteristics of concentration of ozone after exposure to high energy radiation in linac room. Background ozone concentration of linac room was measured and compared to ozone concentration around linac room. Background ozone concentration of linac room was mean
High energy radiation;Radiation therapy room;Indoor ozone concentration;Ambient air ozone concentration
- B. J. Finlayson-Pitts, N. Pitts, "VOCs, NOx and ozone production", Journal of the Air Waste Management Association, Vol. 43, No. 8, pp. 1093-1101, 1993.
- K. Movassaghi, M. V. Russo, P. Avino, "The determination and role of peroxyacetil nitrate in photochemical processes in atmosphere", Journal of the Chemical Cent, Vol. 6, No. 2, pp. S8, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1186/1752-153X-6-S2-S8
- M. Amann, "Health risks of ozone from long-range transboundary air pollution", Copenhagen, WHO Regional Office Europe, pp. 30-31, 2008.
- A. Wisthaler, C. J. Weschler, "Reactions of ozone with human skin lipids: sources of carbonyls, dicarbonyls, and hydroxycarbonyls in indoor air", Proc. Natl. Academy SCI USA, Vol. 107, No. 15, pp. 6568-6575, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.0904498106
- E. W. Triche, J. F. Gent, T. R. Holford, K. Belanger, M. B. Bracken, W. S. Beckett, L. Naeher, J. E. McSharry, B. P. Leaderer, "Low-level ozone exposure and respiratory symptoms in infants", Environ. Health Perspect, Vol. 114, NO. 6, pp. 911-916, 2006.
- L. L. Chen, I. B. Tager, D. B. Peden, D. L. Christian, R. E. Ferrando, B. S. Welch, J. R. Balmes, "Effect of ozone exposure on airway responses to inhaled allergen in asthmatic subjects", Chest, Vol. 125, No. 6, pp. 2328-2335, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1378/chest.125.6.2328
- C. He., L. Morawska, L. Taplin, "Particle emission characteristics of office printers", Environ SCI Technology, Vol. 41, No. 17, pp. 6039-6045, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1021/es063049z
- K. Kubesch, R. Zona, S. Solar, P. Gehringer, "Degradation of catechol by ionizing radiation, ozone and the combined process ozone-electron-beam", Radiat. Phys. Chem., Vol. 72, No. 4, pp. 447-453, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.radphyschem.2004.01.007
- NCRP Report No. 51, "Radiation protection design guidelines for 0.1-100 MeV particle accelerator facilities", Washington D.C., National Council on Radiation Protection and Measurements, 1977.
- NCRP Report No. 49, "Structural shielding design and evaluation for medical use of X-rays and gamma rays of energies up to 10 MeV", Washington D.C., National Council on Radiation Protection and Measurements, 1976.
- NCRP Report No. 144, "Radiation protection for particle accelerator facilities", Washington D.C., National Council on Radiation Protection and Measurements, 2003.
- NCRP Report No. 151, "Structural shielding design and evaluation for Mega-voltage X-rays and gamma-ray radiotherapy facilities", Washington D.C., National Council on Radiation Protection and Measurements, 2005.
- IAEA Safety Series No. 115, "International basic safety standards for protection against ionizing radiation and for the safety of radiation sources", Vienna, International Atomic Energy Agency, 1996.
- IAEA Safety Reports Series No. 47, "Radiation protection in the design of radiotherapy facilities", Vienna, International Atomic Energy Agency, 2006.
- M. Cortez-Lugo, A. Mercado-Garcia, M. Hernandez-Avila, F. Meneses-Gonzalez, E. Palazuelos-Rendon, " Evaluation of the indoor and outdoor air quality in anursery school in Mexico City", Salud. Publica. Mex., Vol. 40, No. 5, pp. 415-420, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1590/S0036-36341998000500005
- L. Pieri, M. Vignudelli, F. Bartolucci, F. Salvatorelli, C. Di Michele, N. Tavano, P. Rossi, G. Dinelli, "Integrated environmental quality monitoring around an underground methane storage station", Chemosphere, Vol. 131, pp. 130-138, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chemosphere.2015.03.009
- W. D. Bennett, M. J. Hazucha, L. J. Folinsbee, P. A. Bromberg, G. E. Kissling, S. J. London, "Acute pulmonary function response to ozone in young adults as a function of body mass index", Journal of the Inhalation Toxicology, Vol. 19, No. 14, pp. 1147-1154, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1080/08958370701665475
- W. C. Adams, "Comparison of chamber and face-mask 6.6-hour exposures to ozone on pulmonary function and symptoms responses", Journal of the Inhalation Toxicology, Vol. 14, No. 7, pp. 745-764, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1080/08958370290084610
- A. H. Schultheis, D. J. Bassett, A. D. Fryer, "Ozone-induced airway hyperresponsiveness and loss of neuronal M2 muscarinic receptor function", Vol. 76, No. 3, pp. 1088-1097, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1152/jappl.19188.8.131.528
- W. F. McDonnell, P. W. Stewart, M. V. Smith, "Prediction of ozone-induced lung function responses in humans", Journal of the Inhalation Toxicology, Vol. 22, No. 2, pp. 160-168 (2010). https://doi.org/10.3109/08958370903089557
- K. Fuwa, B. L. Valle, "The Physical Basis of Analytical Atomic Absorption Spectrometry. The Pertinence of the Beer-Lambert Law", Journal of the Analytical Chemistry, Vol. 35, No. 8, pp. 942-946, 1963. https://doi.org/10.1021/ac60201a006
- T. Tanaka, Y. Morino, "Coriolis interaction and anharmonic potential function of ozone from the microwave spectra in the excited vibrational states," Journal of Molecular Spectroscopy, Vol. 33, No. 3, pp. 538-551, 1970. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-2852(70)90148-7
- K. M. Mack, J. S. Muente, "Stark and Zeeman properties of ozone from molecular beam spectroscopy", Journal of the Chemical Physics, Vol. 66, pp. 5278-5283, 1977. https://doi.org/10.1063/1.433909
- M. A. Kim, Y. D. Kwon, J. Y. Je, "A study on the Interior Structure and Scattered Radiation Measurement of Radiotherapy Room," Journal of the Korean Society Radiology, Vol. 6, No. 3, pp. 191-195, 2012. https://doi.org/10.7742/jksr.2012.6.3.191
- Y. K. Kwak, I. K. Yoon, J. H. Lee, S. H. Yoo, "Consideration about ozone generation in the treatment room while treating a patient", Journal of the Korean Society Radiation Therapy, Vol. 21, No. 2, pp. 75-82, 2009.