- Volume 10 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Comparison of Operator Radiation Exposure Dose undergoing Cardiac Angiography and Cardiac Intervention
심장혈관 중재적 시술의 시술자 피폭 선량에 관한 연구
Kim, Jungsu;Kwon, Soonmu;Jung, Haekyoung;Lee, Bongki;Ryu, Dongryeol;Kwon, Hoseok;Cho, Byungryul
- Received : 2016.03.08
- Accepted : 2016.04.25
- Published : 2016.04.30
Cardiac angiography(CA) or cardiac intervention(CI) is one of the major examination methods applied to the detection of cardiovascular diseases using X-rays. These CA and CI procedures require radiation exposure to patients and physicians. We evaluated the radiation dose to cardiac operator during the each case of CA and CI procedures. The number of patients is 113 patients in CA and 34 patients in CI. Mean fluoroscopy time, mean cine time, and mean total cumulative dose area product(DAP) in patients during CA and CI was 165.9 sec vs. 1200.0 sec, 30.31 sec vs 107.5 sec, and
cardiac angiography radiation dose;cardiac intervention radiation dose;operator radiation dose;effective dose
- E. Picano, G. Santoro, E. Vano. "Sustainability in the cardiac cath lab." The international journal of cardiovascular imaging, Vol. 23, No. 2, pp. 143-147, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10554-006-9148-x
- K. Faulkner, H. G. Love, J. K. Sweeney, R. A. Bardsley, "Radiation doses and somatic risk to patients during cardiac radiological procedures." The British journal of radiology, Vol. 59, No. 700, pp. 359-363. 1986. https://doi.org/10.1259/0007-1285-59-700-359
- W. K. Jeong, "Radiation exposure and its reduction in the fluoroscopic examination and fluoroscopy-guided interventional radiology." Journal of the Korean Medical Association, Vol. 54, No. 12, pp. 1269-1276, 2011. https://doi.org/10.5124/jkma.2011.54.12.1269
- C. Thomas, J. Gerber, Carr Jeffrey, E. Andrew, Arai, L Robert. Dixon, A. Victor. Ferrari, S. Antoinett, Gomes, Gary V. Heller, Cynthia H. Mc Collough, F. Michae. Mc Nitt-Gray, A. Fred. Mettler, H. Jennifer, Mieres, L. Richard, Morin, V. Michae, Yester. "Ionizing radiation in cardiac imaging A Science advisory from the american heart association committee on cardiac imaging of the council on clinical cardiology and committee on cardiovascular imaging and intervention of the council on cardiovascular radiology and intervention." Circulation Vol.119, No.7, pp. 1056-1065, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.108.191650
- H. Jarvinen, N. Buls, P. Clerinx, J. Jansen, S. Miljanic, D. Nikodemova, M. Ranogajec-Komor, F. d'Errico, "Overview of double dosimetry procedures for the determination of the effective dose to the interventional radiology staff." Radiation protection dosimetry, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1093/rpd/ncn082
- National Council on Radiation Protection and Measurements. Use of personal monitors to estimate effective dose equivalent to workers for external exposure to low-LET radiation. NCRP Report No. 122, 1995.
- International Commission on Radiological Protection. ICRP Publication 103: The 2007 Recommendations of the International Commission on Radiological Protection. ICRP publication 103. Elsevier, 2007.
- M. K. Kalra, M. M. Maher, T.L. Toth, L. M. Hamberg, M. A. Blake, J. A. Shepard, S. Saini, "Strategies for CT radiation dose optimization 1." Radiology, Vol. 230, No. 3, pp. 619-628, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1148/radiol.2303021726
- F.A. Stewart, A.V. Akleyev, M. Hauer-Jensen, J.H. Hendry, N.J. Kleiman, T.J. MacVittie, B.M. Aleman, A.B. Edgar, K. Mabuchi, C.R. Muirhead, R.E. Shore, W.H. Wallace. ICRP publication 118: ICRP statement on tissue reactions and early and late effects of radiation in normal tissues and organs-threshold doses for tissue reactions in a radiation protection context. ICRP publication 118. Elsevier, 2012.
- L. Yu, X. Liu, S. Leng, J. M. Kofler, J. C. Ramirez-Giraldo, M. Qu, J. Christner, J. G. Fletcher, C. H. McCollough. "Radiation dose reduction in computed tomography: techniques and future perspective." Imaging in medicine, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 65-84, 2009. https://doi.org/10.2217/iim.09.5
- H. W. Lange, H. V. Boetticher. "Randomized Comparison of Operator Radiation Exposure During Coronary Angiography and Intervention by Radial or Femoral Approach." Catheterization and Cardiovascular Interventions Vol. 67, No. 1, pp. 12-16, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1002/ccd.20451