- Volume 10 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Usefulness of X-ray Guided Biopsy and Ultrasound Guided Biopsy in Breast Microcalcification Biopsy
유방 미세석회화 조직검사에서 X선 유도 하 조직검사와 초음파 유도 하 조직검사의 유용성
Choi, Miseon;Song, Jongnam
- Received : 2016.03.23
- Accepted : 2016.03.01
- Published : 2016.04.30
Social interest in breast cancer has increased. The most basic exams for diagnosis include breast X-ray and breast ultrasound. In particular, breast microcalcification requires histological diagnosis, and breast microcalcification biopsy is commonly performed. Therefore, this study aimed to analyze and assess X-ray guided biopsy (needle localized open biopsy) and ultrasound guided biopsy (sono guided core needle biopsy), which are basics in diagnosis of microcalcification. Targeting 241 cases in which magnification mammography was performed for patients who visited the hospital due to breast microcalcification, age distribution and the location of lesions were analyzed in X-ray guided biopsy and ultrasound guided biopsy. By classifying exams performed after magnification mammography, the frequencies of X-ray guided biopsy and ultrasound guided biopsy were analyzed, and malignant and benign results were confirmed. The results showed that 64 cases(26.6%) were X-ray guided biopsy, which was 5.4 times higher than 12 cases(4.9%) of ultrasound guided biopsy. Due to development of ultrasound equipments, stereotactic vacuum-assisted biopsy, etc. the methods of histological diagnosis of microcalcification have become diverse, but when considering characteristics and limitations of each exam, X-ray guided biopsy is thought to be most accurate and useful.
- C. H. Lee, J. W. No, Recent Clinical Review : Curren topinion for breast cancer screening, Obstetrics & Gynecology Science, Vol. 51, No. 9, pp. 933-942, 2008.
- S. H. Kang, K. Y. Chung, Y. S. Kim, J. S. Choi, S. S. Lee, Pathologic Analysis of Clustered Microcal cification Found on Mammograms, journal of the korean surgical society, Vol. 66, No. 1, pp. 5-9, 2004.
- M. S. Kim, W. H. Lee, H. I. Youn, H. J. Cha, Use fulness of US-guided Core Needle Biopsy for Pathologic Diagnosis of Breast Lesion with Microcalcification: Comparison of Stereotactic Vacuum-assisted Biopsy, The Korean Society of Medical Sonographers, Vol. 2, No. 1, pp. 77-82, 2011.
- Bevers TB, Anderson BO, Bonaccio E, Buys S, Daly MB, Dempsey PJ, Farrar WB, Fleming I, Garber JE, Harris RE, Heerdt AS, Helvie M, Huff JG, Khakpour N, Khan SA, Krontiras H, Lyman G, Rafferty E, Shaw S, Smith ML, Tsangaris TN, Williams C, Yankeelov T, NCCN Clinical practice guidelines in oncology: Breast Cancer Screening and Diagnosis, Journal of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, Vol. 7, No. 10, pp. 1060-1156, 2007.
- Baker JA, Kornguth PJ, Floyd CE Jr. Breast imaging reporting and data system standardized mammography lexicon : observer variability in lesion description, A J R, Vol. 1636, No. 4, pp. 773-778, 1996.
- Heilbrunn KS, The American College of Radiology's mammography lexicon : barking up the wrong tree, A J R, Vol. 162, No. 3, pp. 593-594, 1994. https://doi.org/10.2214/ajr.162.3.8109502
- Stolier A, Skinner J, Levine EA, A prospective study of seeding of the skin after core biopsy of the breast, Am J Surg., Vol. 162, No. 3, pp. 104-107, 2000.
- H. S. Sim, Ultrasonography Anatomy & Scan Technique, Hanmi Medical Publishing Co., 2009.
- D. H. Kang, H. K. Kang, B. R. Kim, S. C. Ma, S. W. Park, J. Y. Park, J. H. Yang, K. S. Lee, B. S. Lee, C. H. Lee, C. S. Yim, S. Y. Hong, Text book of Ultrasonography, Daihak Publishing Co., 2012.