- Volume 10 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Changes in Spatial Resolution at Position of the Detector in Digital Mammography System
디지털 엑스선유방촬영장치에서 검출기 위치에 따른 공간분해능의 변화
Kim, Hye-Min;Chon, Kwon Su
- Received : 2016.04.15
- Accepted : 2016.04.25
- Published : 2016.04.30
X-ray mammography is the most effective method for the diagnosis of calcified lesions of various breast diseases. To reduce patient dose and to obtain optimal image required for diagnosis, the performance of the mammography system should be maintained continuously. Because the target (anode) angle of the X-ray tube is measured from the central X-ray, the effective angle can be slightly different in view of the position on the detector, which can result in degrading spatial resolution of the imaging within the field of view. In this study, we measured the MTF to examine spatial resolution for positions on the detector in the digital mammography system. For a tungsten wire of
Mammography;Modulation Transfer Function;Spatial Resolution
- Ministry of Health and Welfare, 2002 Annual Report of the Korea Central Cancer Registry, 2003.
- S. Y. Choi, C. S. Kim, "Development of Automatic Cluster Algorithm for Microcalcification in Digital Mammography," Korean Society of Radiological Science, Vol. 32, No. 1, pp. 45-52, 2009.
- R. H. Morgan, L. M. Bates, U. V. Gopala Rao, A. Marinaro, "The frequency response characteristics of x-ray films and screens," American Journal of Roentgenology, Vol. 92, pp. 426-440, 1964.
- K. Rossmann, "Point spread-function, line spread-function, and modulation transfer function, tools for the study of imaging systems," Radiology, Vol. 93 No. 2, pp. 257-329, 1969. https://doi.org/10.1148/93.2.257
- S. C. Bushong, Radiologic Science for Technologists, 10th Ed., Elsevier Science Health Science Co., Missouri, pp. 111-112, 2012.
- H. W. Cho, K. S. Chon, "Change of MTF for Sampling Interval in Digital Detector," Korean Society of Radiology, Vol. 8, No. 5, pp .224-230, 2014.
- J. M . Kim, H. W. Jung, J. W. Min, E. K. Yim, "Correction Method of Slit Modulation Transfer function on Digital Medical Imaging System," Korean Society of Radiological Science, Vol. 29, No. 3, pp. 133-139, 2006.
- M. Funke, N. Breiter, K. P. Hermann, J. W. Oestmann, E. Grabbe, "Magnification survey and spot view mammography with a new microfocus x-ray unit: detail resolution and radiation exposure," European Radiology, Vol. 8, No. 3, pp. 386-390, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1007/s003300050399
- H. Fujita, D. Y. Tsai, T. Itoh, K. Doi, J. Morishita, K. Ueda, A. Ohtsuka, "A Simple Method for Determining the Modulation Transfer Function in Digital Radiography," IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, Vol. 11, No. 1, pp. 34-43, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1109/42.126908
- Modulation Transfer Function of Screen-Film Systems, Report of the International Commission on Radiation Units and Measurements, 1986.
- R. A. Sones, G. T. Barnes, "A method to measure the MTF of digital x-ray systems," Medical Physics, Vol. 11, No. 2, pp. 166-237, 1992.
- J. Morishita, K. Doi, R. Bollen, P. C. Bunch, D. Hoeschen, G. Sirand-rey, Y. Sukenobu, "Comparison of two methods for accurate measurement of modulation transfer functions of screen-film systems," Medical Physics, Vol. 22, No. 2, pp. 193-200 1995. https://doi.org/10.1118/1.597456