- Volume 25 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Evaluation of the Static Strength of a Mg-Sn-Al-Zn Alloy Used for an Automotive Control Arm
Mg-Sn-Al-Zn 합금을 적용한 컨트롤암의 정강도 평가에 관한 연구
Lee, S.I.;Kim, B.M.;Lim, S.G.;Lee, J.H.
- Received : 2016.01.18
- Accepted : 2016.05.10
- Published : 2016.06.01
Magnesium(Mg) alloys have been evaluated as replacements for steel or aluminum parts in the automobile industry because of the fuel economy they can provide through reducing weight. The application of Mg alloys has been limited due to its low formability at room temperature, which results from a small number of active slip systems. In the current study, an extruded TAZ711(Mg-7Sn-1Al-1Zn) alloy was warm forged into an automotive control arm to evaluate its formability at various forging temperature. Warm forging was conducted at temperatures of 200, 250, 350 and 450℃. Static strength evaluation was performed on the as-forged specimen at 250℃. The results showed good static strength.
TAZ711 As-extruded;Warm Forging;Control Arm;Formability Evaluation;Static Strength Evaluation
- J. H. Yoon, J. S. Lee, J. H. Lee, 2013, Enhancement of the Microstructure and Mechanical Properties in as-forged Mg–8Al–0.5Zn Alloy using T5 Heat Treatment, Mater. Sci. Eng. A, Vol. 586, pp. 306~312. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.msea.2013.08.031
- J. H. Yoon, J. H. Lee, Process Design of Warm-Forging with Extruded Mg-8Al-0.5Zn Alloy for Differential Case in Automobile Transmission, Int. J. Precis. Eng. Manuf., Vol. 16, No. 4, pp. 841~846. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12541-015-0110-5
- J. H. Yoon, J. H. Lee, 2014, Effect of Initial Microstructure on Mg Scroll Forging under Warm Forming Condition, Mater. Trans, Vol. 55, No. 2, pp. 238 ~244. https://doi.org/10.2320/matertrans.M2013274
- S. I. Lee, J. H. Yoon, J. H. Lee, 2014, Mg Scroll Forging with AZ80 under Warm Forming Condition, Int. J. Precis. Eng. Manuf., Vol. 15, No. 7, pp. 1473~1477. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12541-014-0493-8
- J. H. Lee, S. H. Kang, D.Y. Yang, 2008, Novel Forging Technology of a Magnesium Alloy Impeller with Twisted Blades of Micro-thickness, CIRP Ann-Manuf. Technol, Vol. 57, pp. 261~264. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cirp.2008.03.064
- S. D. Kim, S. H. Kang, Y. N. Kwon, J. H. Lee, 2007, A Study on Warm Forging of Magnesium Alloy impeller, Trans. Mater. Process, Vol. 16, No. 4, pp. 288~292. https://doi.org/10.5228/KSPP.2007.16.4.288
- J. H. Yoon, S. H. Park, 2014, Forgeability Test of Extruded Mg–Sn–Al–Zn Alloys under Warm Forming Conditions, Mater. Des, Vol. 55, pp. 300~308. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matdes.2013.10.008
- D. J. Yoon, E. Z. Kim, Y. S. Lee, 2007, Finite Element Study on Deformation Characteristics and Damage Evolution in Warm Forging Backward Extrusion of AZ31 Mg Alloy, Trans. Mater. Process, Vol. 16, No. 8, pp. 614~620. https://doi.org/10.5228/KSPP.2007.16.8.614
- J. Liu, Z. Cui, 2009, Hot Forging Process Design and Parameters Determination of Magnesium Alloy AZ31B Spur Bevel Gear, J. Mater. Process. Technol., Vol. 209, No. 18, pp. 5871~5880. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmatprotec.2009.06.015
- J. Jiang, Y. Wang, Y. Li, W. Shan, S. Luo, 2012, Microstructure and Mechanical Properties of the Motorcycle Cylinder Body of AM60B Magnesium Alloy Formed by Combining die Casting and Forging, Mater. Des, Vol. 37, pp. 202~210. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matdes.2012.01.012
- A. Dziubińska, A. Gontarza, K. Horzelska, P. Pieśkoa, 2015, The Microstructure and Mechanical Properties of AZ31 Magnesium Alloy Aircraft Brackets Produced by a New Forging Technology, Procedia Manuf., Vol. 2, pp. 337~ 341. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.promfg.2015.07.059
- S. H. Park, H. S. Kim, B. S. You, Extrudability and Tensile Properties of the Mg-7Sn-1Al-1Zn Alloy, Korean. J. Met. Mater, Vol. 51, No. 9, pp. 637~644.
Grant : BK21플러스
Supported by : 부산대학교