- Volume 25 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Shape Prediction of Flexibly-reconfigurable Roll Forming Using Regression Analysis
회귀분석을 활용한 비정형롤판재성형 공정의 형상 예측
- Received : 2016.02.15
- Accepted : 2016.05.02
- Published : 2016.06.01
Flexibly-reconfigurable roll forming (FRRF) is a novel sheet metal forming technology conducive to producing multi-curvature surfaces by controlling the strain distribution along longitudinal direction. In FRRF, a sheet metal is shaped into the desired curvature by using reconfigurable rollers and gaps between the rollers. As FRRF technology and equipment are under development, a simulation model corresponding to the physical FRRF would aid in investigating how the shape of a sheet varies with input parameters. To facilitate the investigation, the current study exploits regression analysis to construct a predictive model for the longitudinal curvature of the sheet. Variables considered as input parameters are sheet compression ratio, radius of curvature in the transverse direction, and initial blank width. Samples were generated by a three-level, three-factor full factorial design, and both convex and saddle curvatures are represented by a quadratic regression model with two-factor interactions. The fitted quadratic equations were verified numerically with R-squared values and root mean square errors.
Flexibly-reconfigurable Roll Forming;Regression Analysis;Numerical Simulations
- M. Z. Lee, Z. Y. Cai, Z. Sui, Q. G. Yan, 2002, Multi Point Forming Technology for Sheet Metal, J. Mater, Proc. Technol., Vol. 129, pp. 333~338. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0924-0136(02)00685-4
- B. Davoodi, B. Zareh-Desari, 2014, Assessment of Forming Parameters Influencing Spring-back in Multi-point Forming Process: A Comprehensive Experimental and Numerical Study, Mater. Design., Vol. 59, pp. 103~114. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matdes.2014.02.043
- J. W. Park, Y. B. Kim, J. Kim, K. H. Kim, B.S. Kang, 2013, Manufacture of Architectural Skin-structure with a Double Curved Surface using Flexible Stretch Forming, Trans. Mater. Process, Vol. 22, No. 4, pp. 196~203. https://doi.org/10.5228/KSTP.2013.22.4.196
- J. W. Park, J. Kim, K. H. Kim, B. S. Kang, 2014, Numerical and Experimental Study of Stretching Effect on Flexible Forming Technology, Int. J. Adv. Manuf. Technol., Vol. 73, pp. 1273~1280. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00170-014-5859-7
- Y. H. Seo, J. W. Park, W. J. Song, B. S. Kang, J. Kim, 2014, Flexible Die Design and Springback Compensation Based on Modified Displacement Adjustment Method, Adv. Mech. Eng., Vol. 6, Article ID 131253.
- B. S. Kang, J. S. Yoon, 2014, Dieless Sheet Metal Forming Apparatus with Flexible Rollers, US Patent Pending: 14/361674.
- J. S. Yoon, S. E. Son, W. J. Song, J. Kim, B. S. Kang, 2014, Study on Flexibly-Reconfigurable Roll Forming Process for Multi-Curved Surface of Sheet Metal, Int. J. Precis. Eng. Manuf., Vol. 15, No. 6, pp. 1069~1074. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12541-014-0438-2
- R. H. Myers, 2009, Response Surface Methodology-Process and Product Optimization using Designed Experiments, Third Ed., John Wiley & Sons, New Jersey, pp. 13-62.