- Volume 26 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Preparation of Glass-Ceramic by Recycling of Various Slags and Its Properties
다종슬래그를 재활용한 Glass-Ceramic의 제조 및 물성
Lee, Duk-Hee;Shin, Dongyoon;Yoon, Mijung;Park, Hyun Seo;Yoon, Jin-Ho
- Received : 2016.03.22
- Accepted : 2016.04.12
- Published : 2016.05.27
Glass-ceramics were developed many years ago and have been applied in many fields such as electronics, chemistry, optics, etc. Much is already known about glass-ceramic technology, but many challenges in glass-ceramic research are still unresolved. Recently, large amounts of slag have steadily increased in the steel industry as by-products. To promote recycling of industrial waste, including steel industry slags, many studies have been performed on the fabrication of basalt-based high-strength glass-ceramics. In this study, we have fabricated such ceramics using various slags to replace high performance cast-basalt, which is currently imported. Glass-ceramic material was prepared in similar chemical compositions with commercial cast-basalt through a pyro process using slags and power plant by-product (Fe-Ni slag, converter slag, dephosphorization slag, Fly ash). The properties of the glass-ceramic material were characterized using DTA, XRD, and FE-SEM; measurements of compressive strength, Vicker's hardness, and abrasion were carefully performed. It is found that the prepared glass-ceramic material showed better performance than that of commercial cast-basalt.
- G. S. Back, H. S. Park, S. M. Seo and W. G. Jung, Met. Mater. Int., 21, 1061 (2015). https://doi.org/10.1007/s12540-015-5288-7
- P. E. Tsakiridis, G. D. Papadimitriou, S. Tsivilis and C. Koroneos, J. Hazard. Mater., 152, 805 (2008). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhazmat.2007.07.093
- S. Wu, Y. Xue, Q. Ye and Y. Chen, Build. Environ., 42, 2580 (2007). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.buildenv.2006.06.008
- Y. Xue, H. Hou, S. Zhu and J. Zha, Constr. Build. Mater., 23, 989 (2009). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2008.05.009
- V. Gomes, C. D. G. De Borba and H. G. Riella, J. Mater. Sci., 37, 2581 (2002). https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1015468329645
- S. I. Gu, H.S. Shin, Y. W. Hong, D. H. Yeo, J. H. Kim and S. Nahm, J. KIEEME, 23, 864 (2010).
- H. Liu, G. Wei, Y. Liang and F. Dong, J. Cent. S. Univ. Technol., 18, 1945 (2011). https://doi.org/10.1007/s11771-011-0927-8
- C. Fredericci, E. D. Zanotto and E. C. Ziemath, J. Non-Cryst. Solids, 273, 63 (2000).
- S. H. Chang and H. J. Jung, J. Korean Ceram. Soc., 17, 27 (1980).
- S. H. Chang and H. J. Jung, J. Korean Ceram. Soc., 17, 151 (1980).
- C. S. Ray and D. E. Day, J. Am. Ceram. Soc., 80, 3100 (1997).
- M. C. Weinberg, J. Am. Ceram. Soc., 74, 1905 (1991). https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1151-2916.1991.tb07807.x
- C. S. Ray, X. Fang and D. E. Day, J. Am. Ceram. Soc., 83, 865 (2000).
Supported by : Korea Institute of Energy Technology Evaluation and Planning(KETEP)