- Volume 21 Issue 2
The quality of building space program is a key to measure how the building performance satisfies its owner and users. However assuring its efficiency requires reliable criteria that reflect high level experience knowledge in the field. This study suggests a plan to gauge the level of building space performance using expert knowledge, which has not been utilized well enough but should play a critical role. In order to setup an expert system measuring level of the space program, we firstly optimized the space areas to the best case in a knowledgebase and use them as criteria to judge the quality of the spaces extracted from BIM model. We found the experimental results show us a promising way of measuring a relative quality of the space programs.
Space Program;BIM;Quality;Expert System
- Park, Y., 2010, A Study on the Development of the Expert System for Validation of Spatial Layout in Terms of Space Program in Healthcare Architecture based on BIM Technologies, Journal of the Korea Institute of Healthcare Architecture, 16(4), pp.7-14.
- Seong, J., 2011, A Study on the Architectural Planning of Spatial Program Validation Building Information Modeling, Master Thesis, Chungwoon University.
- Choi, Y., et al., 2011, A Fundamental Study of BIM for Performance Evaluation of Barrier-Free Spaces. Architectural Institute of Korea, 27(10), pp.131-138.
- Standard Method for Measuring Floor Area in Office Building, 1996, ANSI/BOMA, Z 65.1.
- Hsu, Y.C., et al., 2003, New Generation of Computer Aided Design in Space Planning Methods: a Survey and a Proposal. In: Computer Aided Architectural Design and Research in Asia, Bangkok, pp.101-116.
- Keatruangkamala, K., et al., 2005, Optimizing Architectural Layout Via Mixed Integer Programming. In, CAAD FUTURES, 11, Vienna, pp.175-184.
- Del Rio-Cindoncha, M. et al., 2007, A Comparison of Floorplan Design Strategies in Architecture and Engineering, Automation in Construction, 16, pp.559-568. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.autcon.2006.12.008
- Lobos, D. and Donath, D. 2010, The Problem of Space Layout in Architecture: A Survey and Reflections, Arquiteturarevista, 6, pp.136-161. https://doi.org/10.4013/arq.2010.62.05
- BIM Guide, 2007, GSA(General Service Administration), Series 02.
- National Guidelines for Digital Modeling, 2009, CRC(Cooperative Research Centre for Construction Innovation).
- BIM Requirement, 2007, Senate Property, Finland, Vol. 06.
- Rush, R.D., 1986, The Building Systems Integration Handbook, Butterworth - Heinem, MA.
Supported by : 한국연구재단(NRF)