- Volume 21 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Study on Development of Integrated Management System for BIM Property Information
BIM 라이브러리 속성정보 통합관리 체계 개발에 관한 연구
Shin, Jihye;Choi, Jungsik;Kim, Inhan;Yoon, Dooyoung
- Received : 2016.03.14
- Accepted : 2016.05.11
- Published : 2016.06.01
BIM library, as a systematic collection of BIM objects where the building information is stored, is a vital factor to construct the BIM based work environment. However, construction business is faced the problems relating BIM library such as the absence of the standard for establishing BIM library, the discontinuity of BIM library's compatibility and the lack of practice applicable BIM library. These problems cause the decreasing work efficiency and the recreating BIM model, by delivering inefficient information required in each stage and application field. The purpose of this study is to suggest the integrated management system for property information of BIM library in order to minimize the reworking and to manage information of each stage and application field when exchanging and sharing information. To achieve this, the BIM information classification, the criteria of property requirements for information exchange in BIM application field and the BIM library management system are developed. This study could contributes to ensuring the reliability and accuracy of results of BIM based analysis and to enhancing the speed of business process with sharing and exchanging building information utilizing a single BIM model.
Building Information Modelling (BIM);BIM library;Cost estimation;Energy analysis;Property information
- Um, D., Han, J., Lee, S. and Jo, C., 2016, A Study on the BIM Library Classification System for Information Integration, Proceedings of the Society of CAD/CAM Engineers Conference, pp.616-618.
- British Standard, 2012, BS 8541-1 Library Object for Architecture, Engineering and Construction.
- Cho, G. and Ju, K., 2015, Development on Extension Contents of Construction Information Classification for Containing BIM Element, Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, 16(7), pp.4942-4949. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.7.4942
- Lee, S., Han, J. and Jo, C., 2015, A Basic Study on Property Structure Standardization based on BIM Information Framework, Journal of the Architectural Institute of Korea Planning & Design, 31(5), pp.77-85.
- Kang, T., 2011, BIM Principle and Philosophy, Spacetime, Seoul, p.26.
- American Association of Cost Engineers, Cost Estimate Classification System - As Applied in Engineering, Procurement, and Construction for the Process Industries TCM Framework: 7.3 - Cost Estimating and Budgeting, AACE, p. 2.
- American Institute of Architects, 2008, Building Information Modeling Protocol Exhibit, AIA Document E202, pp.1-9.
- Hjelseth, E., 2010, Exchange of Relevant Information in BIM Objects Defined by the Roleand Life-cycle Information Model, Architectural Engineering and Design Management, 6(4), pp. 279-287. https://doi.org/10.3763/aedm.2010.IDDS5
- Kim, J., Kim, Y. and Mha, Y., 2013, A LMS(Library Management System) Framework Development for BIM Operation of Architecture Design Office, Journal of KIBIM, 3(4), pp.1-10.
- Choi, D. and Kim, J., 2014, A Study on Reuse 3D MCAD Data for BIM based Library Creation- Focusing on the Mechanical BIM Library, Transactions of the Society of CAD/CAM Engineers, 19(3), pp.263-271. https://doi.org/10.7315/CADCAM.2014.263
- Lee, E. and Kim, D., 2015, A Study on the Implementation Method of the Object Classification System and Property Information for Vitalizing Standardized BIM Library, Journal of the Architectural Institute of Korea Planning & Design, 31(12), pp.79-90.
- Lee, G., 2006, Technologies for Building Information Modeling (BIM), Proceedings of the 2006 KICEM Annual Conference, pp.145-150.
- McGraw Hill Construction, 2012, Smartmarket Report - The Business Value of BIM for Construction in Major Global Markets in Korea, Korea, p.35.
- Kim, C. and Koo, B., 2014, Development of Parametric BIM Libraries for Civil Structures using National 2D Standard Drawings, Korea Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, 15(4), pp.128-138.
- Eastman, C., Teicholz, P., Sacks, R. and Liston, K., 2011, BIM Handbook, Wiley, New York, pp.58-60, p.254.
- BS 8541-1, 2012, Library Object for Architecture, Engineering and Construction, Part 1: Attribute for Specification and Assessment - Code of Practice.
- NBS, 2014, NBS BIM Object Library Standard, pp.6-7.
- Duddy, K., Beazley, S., Drogemuller, R. and Kiegeland, J., 2013, A Platform-independent Product Library for BIM, Proceeding of the 30th CIB W78 International Conference, pp.389-39.
- Chung, B., 2010, The Case Studies of Establishment of Manufacturer's BIM Library, Journal of the KARSE, 27(1), pp.87-94.
- Kim, K. and Park, S., 2012, Comparative Analysis of the BIM Status in the UK and US for Improving the Efficiency of Construction Project Management Process, Project Management Review, 2(2), pp.1-16.
- Korean Institute of Registered Architects (2014). BIM Capability and Readiness Actual Condition Survey.
- Jun, K. and Yun, S., 2011, Developing Construction Object Library for BIM based Building Construction Planning, Journal of the Architectural Institute of Korea Planning & Design, 27(9), pp.143-151.
- Moon, S. and Ju, K., 2014, Development of BIM Library for Civil Structures based on Standardized Drawings-Focused on 2D Standard Drawings of the MOLIT, Transactions of the Society of CAD/CAM Engineers, 19(1), pp.80-90. https://doi.org/10.7315/CADCAM.2014.080
- Ministry of Land Transportation and Maritime Affairs, 2010, National Architectural BIM Guide, MLTL, pp.19-21.
Supported by : 국토교통부