- Volume 21 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Weighted Points Registration Method to Analyze Dimensional Errors Occurring during Shipbuilding Process
선박 건조 과정에서 발생하는 치수 오차 분석을 위한 가중 포인트 정합 방법
- Received : 2016.05.15
- Accepted : 2016.05.17
- Published : 2016.06.01
It is important to analyze dimensional errors occurring during shipbuilding process. A ship is constructed by assembling blocks and installing outfits in assembled ship structure. Blocks and outfits have a main direction that has greater importance than other directions from the view point of dimensional error. Therefore, a main direction should have a greater weighting factor than other directions in order to achieve meaningful inspection results. In this paper, a modified point registration method based on iterative closest point (ICP) is proposed. In this method, a user determines one or two main directions among x, y, and z directions, and then each main direction is made to have a greater weighting factor than other directions. For points registration, mapping between measured points and design points are performed by the modified ICP in which weighting factor assigned to each main direction is considered.
Dimensional error analysis;Iterative closest point;Weighted points registration
- Besl, P.J. and McKay, N.D., 1992, A Method for Registration of 3-D Shapes, IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, 14(2), pp.586-606. https://doi.org/10.1109/34.134063
- Horn, K.P., 1987, Closed-form Solution of Absolute Orientation Using Unit Quaternions, Journal of the Optical Society of America, 4(4), pp.629-633.
- Liu, Y., 2006, Automatic Registration of Overlapping 3D Point Clouds Using Closest Points, Image and Vision Computing, 24(7), pp.762-781. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.imavis.2006.01.009
- Ravishankar, S., Dutt, H.N.V. and Gurumoorthy, B., 2010, Automated Inspection of Aircraft Parts Using a Modified ICP Algorithm, International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 46(1-4), pp.227-236. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00170-009-2067-y
- Abenhaim, G.N., Tahan, A.S., Desrochers, A. and Maranzana, R., 2011, A Novel Approach for the Inspection of Flexible Parts without the Use of Special Fixtures, Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering, 133(1), 011009-011009-11. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.4003335
- Radvar-Esfahlan, H. and Tahan, S.A., 2012, Nonrigid Geometric Metrology Using Generalized Numerical Inspection Fixtures, Precision Engineering, 36(1), pp.1-9. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.precisioneng.2011.07.002
- Jaramillo, A., Prieto, F. and Boulanger, P., 2013, Fast Dimensional Inspection of Deformable Parts From Partial Views, Computers in Industry, 64(9), pp.1076-1081. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compind.2013.03.016
- Karganroudi, S.S., Cuilliere, J.C., Francois, V. and Tahan, S.A., 2016, Automatic Fixtureless Inspection of Non-rigid Parts Based on Filtering Registration Points, International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, Online First, DOI: 10.1007/s00170-016-8496-5. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00170-016-8496-5
- Noh, J.K., 2013, An Algorithm for Optimized Accuracy Calculation of Hull Block Assembly, Journal of the Korean Society of Marine Environment & Safety, 19(5), pp.552-560. https://doi.org/10.7837/kosomes.2013.19.5.552
- Lee, H.C. and Lee, D.M., 2012, A Study on the Pattern Matching Algorithm of 3D Coordinates for Quality Control in Ship Blocks, The Journal of the KICS, 37(10), pp.933-939.
- Fabrication Assessment Method for Dimensional Quality Management of Curved Plates in Shipbuilding and Offshore Structures vol.32, pp.2, 2018, https://doi.org/10.26748/KSOE.2018.4.32.2.106