- Volume 21 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Development of 3D CAD/CAE Interface in Initial Structural Design Phase of Shipbuilding
조선 기본구조설계 단계에서의 3D CAD/CAE 인터페이스 개발
- Received : 2016.02.11
- Accepted : 2016.03.05
- Published : 2016.06.01
The finite element modeling of a ship for hull structural analysis on the basis of new harmonized common structural rules (CSR-H) is to be extended to the cargo holds in fore and after body of a ship. Unlike the parallel middle-body where the external and internal features of hull are equal along to the longitudinal direction of a ship, in fore and after body, the external and internal features of hull vary linearly or even irregularly in forms of a surface or a curve along to the longitudinal direction of a ship. Thus, it needs lots of design man-hours for the modeling for structural analysis. In order to save man-hours in initial structural design phase of a ship, the specified 3D CAD system has been adopted in shipbuilding industry. Through the interface between CAD and CAE (rule scantling and direct strength assessment), design man-hour in initial design phase can be saved even under the environment of CSR-H.
Auto Finite Element Modeling;CAD/CAE Interface;Direct Strength Assessment;Initial Structural Design;Rule Scantling;Ship 3D CAD
- IACS, 2015, Common Structural Rules for Bulk Carrier and Oil Tankers, 1st January 2015 Issue: International Association of Classification Societies.
- Kwon, O.S., 2015, Investigations of New(Harmonized) CSR Application, Proceedings of Tripatite 2015, Seoul, Korea.
- Son, M.J. and Kim, T.W., 2013, High-level Discrete-event Modeling-based Business Process Simulation for the Scheduling of the Ship Hull Production Design, Transactions of the Society of CAD/CAM Engineers, 18(3), pp.224-233. https://doi.org/10.7315/CADCAM.2013.224
- Park, H.G., 2015, Development of Ship Structural Design Assessment System for Enhacement of Design Productivity and Quality, Proceedings of the 43rd Ship and Offshore Design Workshop 2015, Busan, Korea.
- Son, M.J., Kang, H.W. and Kim, T.W., 2014, AVEVA Marine Scheme-based Modeling for Reuse of Ship Hull Block Model, Transactions of the Society of CAD/CAM Engineers, 19(1), pp.41-49. https://doi.org/10.7315/CADCAM.2014.041
- Kurki, T., 2010, Utilization of Integrated Design and Mesh Generation In Ship Design Process Rakenteiden Mekaniikka (Journal of Structural Mechanics), 43(3), pp.129-139.
- Park, D.Y., 2013, Innovative Collaboration Between Initial Structural and Production Design, Proceedings of International Conference on Computer Applications in Shipbuilding 2013, Busan, Korea, pp.203-208.
- SAS, O.C. 2008, Open CASCADE Technology, 3D Modeling & Numerical Simulation. http://www.opencascade.org
- Son, M.J., Park, H.G. and Lee, J.Y., 2015, Development of Auto FE Modeling Functionality for Enhacement of Productivity in FE Modeling based on CSR-H, Proceedings of the 43rd Ship and Offshore Design Workshop 2015, Busan, Korea.
- Computing-Objects. 2005, CM2 QuadMesh. http://www.computing-objects.com/.
Grant : 3D모델기반의 선박설계지원 일관시스템 개발
Supported by : 산업통상자원부