- Volume 18 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Development of an Online Men's Suits Customizing System using Heuristic Procedure for Wheelchair Users
휴리스틱 기법을 이용한 휠체어 사용자를 위한 온라인 남성정장 맞춤시스템 개발
Jeong, Minseok;Yang, Chuneun;You, Heecheon;Park, Kwangae;Lee, Wonsup
- Received : 2016.01.15
- Accepted : 2016.03.31
- Published : 2016.04.30
An online suit-customizing system for the special accessibility needs of wheelchair users should be developed because the demand for business suits by wheelchair users involved in economic activities has increased. This study develops a user interface an online customizing system for men's suits specialized for wheelchair users. This study used a five-step approach: (1) search for online men's suits customizing system in web porter sites, (2) select three sites based on three terms, (3) heuristic testing with five web specialists, (4) development of a system user interface based on suggestions for improvement from the heuristic test, (5) usability testing of the user interface prototype by 10 disabled men in wheelchairs. The interface of Company S had high ratings on interactivity, accessibility, informativeness, and consistency in the heuristic test results; subsequently, a user interface was developed based on suggestions for improvement from the heuristic test. This online user interface for customizing men's suits provides better usability to wheelchair users than existing online interfaces aimed at the non-disabled and disabled; consequently, this study contributes to the commercialization of an online customizing system for men's suits specializing in serving wheelchair users.
wheelchair user;men's custom suits;online customizing system;heuristic procedure
- Chang, J. H., Park, K. A., Yang, C. E., & Yun, E. J. (2003). A study on clothing(slacks) for users of wheelchair. Journal of Human Life Sciences, 6(6), 243-256.
- Cheon, J. S., & Im, H. S. (2003). A study on the use of MTM CAD program for mass customization of men's suit. The Research Journal of the Costume Culture, 11(5), 647-656.
- Choi, W. S. (2014). A study of overseas and domestic online fashion shopping mall based on web usability and Graphical User Interface(GUI) design. Unpublished master's thesis, Kookmin University, Seoul.
- Jeong, M. S., Yang, C. E., You, H. C., Kim, S. H., & Park, K. A. (2015). Development of a web usability testing tool of online men's suits customizing system for the disabled in wheelchair. Design Forum, 48, 171-180.
- Kim, S. Y. (2008). A study on improvement of web usability of internet shopping mall by heuristic evaluation. Unpublished master's thesis, Ehwa Womans University, Seoul.
- Korea Institute for Health and Social Affairs. (2014). 2014 Survey on the Disabled. Seoul: Author.
- Lee, J. H., Yang, C. E., Park, K. A., Park, J. W., You, H. C., & Bae, S. J. (2014). Analysis wearing apparel conditions and clothing preferences for development of a suit for disabled males in wheelchairs. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 38(5), 733-742. doi.:10.5850/JKSCT.2014.38.5.733 https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2014.38.5.733
- Moon, S. Y. (2008). A study on the effect of markdown and consumers' commodity replies on buying decision in the context of internet shopping mall. Unpublished master's thesis, Sejong University, Seoul.
- Park, K. A., & Kwon, Y. A. (2008). A research study on the actual conditions of clothing of disabled men using wheelchair. Fashion & Textile Research Journal, 10(4), 455-463.
- Bae, S. J. (2015). Developing suit designs and patterns for the male disabled in wheelchairs. Unpublished master's thesis, Catholic University, Daegu.
- Park, K. A., & Seong, O. J. (2011). A study of torso pattern for female wheelchair users. Journal of Korean Traditional Costume, 14(2), 75-85.
- Park, K. A., Park, J. W., Yang, C. E., Jeon, E. J., & You, H. C. (2014). Development of sizing system of mass-customized clothing for wheelchair users: Men' suit sizes. Fashion & Textile Research Journal, 16(4), 625-634. doi:10.5805/SFTI.2014.16.4.625 https://doi.org/10.5805/SFTI.2014.16.4.625
- Shin, J. M. (2011). The internet shopping mall UI developments for a silver generation -In user experience design centers-. Unpublished master's thesis, Ewha Womans University, Seoul.
Supported by : 한국연구재단