- Volume 5 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
A Study on Inverse Kinematics Based Posture and Motion Generation System for Sports Climbing
역운동학 기반 스포츠클라이밍 자세 및 동작 생성 시스템에 관한 연구
- Received : 2015.12.22
- Accepted : 2016.04.18
- Published : 2016.05.31
Recently, public interest in virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR) has increased. Therefore, computer graphics-related research has been actively conducted. This has included research on virtual space related to human posture implementation. However, such research has focused on general posture in humans. This paper presents a system with reference to the basic posture in sports climbing and the inverse kinematics method for generating the positions and behavior of virtual characteristics in a three-dimensional virtual space. The simulation based on the inverse kinematics method, produced with an inverse kinematics solver and initial pose animation from motion capture, provides realistic and natural movement. We designed a simulation system to generate correct posture and motions similar to those in sports climbing by applying the basic procedure of sports climbing. The simulation system provides help for producing content about sports climbing, such as learning programs for novice climbers and sports climbing games.
Virtual Reality;Animation;Motion Control;Inverse Kinematics;Sports Climbing
- KumHee Lee, "Generation of Humanoid Walking Motion Adapted to the Ground's Sliding Properties," The KIPS Transactions, Vol.12, No.2, pp.157-166, 2005.
- Soo-Yol Ok, "Character Motion Generation and Control with Hierarchical Parametric Functions," The Journal of the Korea Institute of Information & Communication Engineering, Vol.12, No.7, pp.1193-1201, 2008.
- Yung-Ho Seo, "Motion Capture using both Human Structural Characteristic and inverse kinematics," Journal of the Institute of Electronics and Information Engineers, Vol.47, No.2, pp.20-32, 2010.
- Chul Young Choi, "Study of CG Character Animating Pipeline for Human IK and Kinect," The Korean Journal of Animation, Vol.9, No.4, pp.180-199, 2013.
- Woong-Soon Kim, "Trends in 3D Character Animation Technology," The Communications of the Korean Institute of Information Scientists and Engineers, Vol.17, No.2, pp.48-59, 1999.
- Hyun-joon Shin, "Posture Control of Virtual Actor," Broadcasting and Media Magazine, Vol.3, No.2, pp.31-43, 1998.
- Chang-Hee Kim, "Human motion control using Dynamic Model," Journal of Ergonomics Society of Korea, Vol.18, No.3, pp.141-152, 1999.
- Chul-Young Choi, "A study of converting FK animation data to IK animation data for efficient animation editing," The Korean Journal of Animation, Vol.3, No.1, pp.109-126, 2007.
- A. W. Sheel, "Physiology of sport rock climbing," British Journal of Sports Medicine, Vol.38, No.3, pp.355-359, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1136/bjsm.2003.008169
- Ha Kyeong Kim, "Route-finding simulator for Sports Climbing Education," The Journal of Korean Association of Computer Education, Vol.17. No.2. pp.273-277, 2013.
- Korean human body dimension survey : Statistics of 120 parts(1997-2010), Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy, Korea.
- Yoonji Song, "Mingle: Wearable Devices for Enhancing Communications and Activities between the Blind and Ordinary People through a Waltz," The ACM Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems, pp.367-370, 2015.
Supported by : 한국연구재단