- Volume 17 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Development of Time-Cost Trade-Off model Based on Emergency Construction Work Scenario
돌관공사 시나리오 기반 공기-비용 최적화 모델 개발
Lee, Sihyun;Lee, Seounghyun;Son, Jaeho
- Received : 2016.02.01
- Accepted : 2016.03.31
- Published : 2016.05.31
Recently, the cost of construction projects has escalated due to a significant increase in size and complexity. Many construction projects have failed to meet their originally intended project deadline due to various factors such as weather, labor supply, equipment, procurement, accidents, etc. Consequently, emergency construction work scenario has to be implemented in order to shorten the duration and satisfy the original estimated schedule. However, many critical decisions in emergency scenario rely solely on the experience of a construction manager. Thus, this paper proposes TCTO optimization model to decide the most effective alternative out of various working scenarios which are generated by the combination of work group and work time. The developed TCTO model provides the optimum schedule that satisfies the practical constraints. Future research could involve the integration of resource leveling with the proposed model. This would make the model more versatile.
TCTO;Optimization;Emergency Construction Work;Genetic Algorithm
- Chen, P., and Weng, H. (2008). "A two-phase GA model for resource-constrained project scheduling." Automation im construction, 18(4), pp. 485-498.
- Choi, M., Park, M., Lee, H., and Lee, K. (2011). "Resource Optimization for Preventing Timeoverrun in a High-rise Building Project Using Layer Construction Method." Proceeding of Autumn Annual Conference of the Architectural Institute of Korea Structure & Construction, 31(2), pp. 383-384.
- Choi, M. K. (2003). "A Study on the methods to reduce construction time by analysing cost components of the concrete works in the apartments." MS thesis, Honam Univ., Gwang ju, Korea.
- Feng, C., Liu, L., and Burns C. (1997). "Using Genetic Algorithms To Solve Construction Time-Cost Trade-Off Problems.", Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, ASCE, 11(3), pp. 184-189.
- Faregh, N., Ketabi, S., and Ghandehari, M.. (2014). "Project scheduling by FGP to Time-Cost-Quality trade off: construction case study", Korean Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, KICEM, 4(3), pp. 53-59.
- Hanna, C., Awad, S., and Kenneth, T. (2005). "Impact of Extended Overtime on Construction Labor Productivity" Journal of Civil Engineering and Management, ASCE, 131(6), pp. 734-739.
- Hegazy, T. (1999). "Optimization of construction timecost trade-off analysis using genetic algorithms.", Canadian Journal of Civil Engineering, 26, pp. 685-697. https://doi.org/10.1139/l99-031
- Hinze, J. (2004). Construction planning and scheduling 2nd ed, Prentice Hall, Pearson, pp. 169-191
- Kang, B., Park, S., Han, S., and Kim, H. (2007). "Probabilistic Time-Cost Optimization for Controlling Construction Projects." Proceeding of Annual Conference of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers, pp. 3179-3183.
- Kang, N. U. (2014). "Development of optimal construction planning method considering the sequence between alternatives of activities.", MS thesis, Hongik Univ., Sejong, Korea.
- Kim, K. H. (1996). "Gentic Algorithm.", Journal of Computational Structural Engineering Institute of Korea, 32(2), pp. 28-35.
- Kim, M., Park, Y., Lee, H., Lee, J., and Lee, K. (2015). "Development of Manufacturing Planning for Multi Modular Construction Project based on Genetic-Algorithm", Korean Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, KICEM, 16(5), pp. 54-64.
- Lee, H., Chung, K., and Choi, K. (2010). "Test Input Sequence Generation Strategy for Timing Diagram using Linear Programming", Journal of Korea Information Processing Society, 17-D(5), pp. 337-346.
- Lee, H. B. (2008). "Excel Management science", Muyokpublisher, Seoul, Korea.
- Lee, J. H. (2000). "A Study on Optimal photolithography processes in the fabrication scheduling using Linear Programming." MS thesis, Yonsei Univ., Seoul, Korea.
- Leu, S., and Yang, C. (1999). "GA-based fuzzy optimal model for construction scheduling." Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, 125(5), pp. 420-427. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9364(1999)125:6(420)
- Maeng, J. C. (2011). "Development of progress management decision making model considering time-cost trade off.", MS thesis, Korea Univ., Seoul, Korea.
- Park, S, H. (2013). "A Study on Optimal Design of Multi-Objective Rainwater Detention System Linear Programming." MS thesis, University of Seoul, Seoul, Korea.
- Park, U., Cho, S., and Kang, K. (2003). "A Study on Rebar Detailing Optimization Using Genetic Algorithm." Journal of Architectural Institute of Korea, 19(10), pp. 125-132.
- Roh, S., Lee, H., Park, M., and Ryu, H. (2006). "Scheduling Method by Using Genetic Algorithms to Solve Time-Cost Trade-Off Problems (Focused on High-rise Building Finishing Work).", Journal of Architectural Institute of Korea, 22(6), pp. 157-164.
- Shin, Y., Kim, J., Seo, D., and Kang, Kyung. (2004). "A Study on the Model for Time-Cost Trade-off by Using Genetic Algorithms." Journal of Architectural Institute of Korea, 20(8), pp. 91-98.
- Son, J., Hong T., and Lee, S. (2013). "A mixed (continuous+discrete) time-cost trade-off model considering four different relationships with lag time." Journal of Civil Engineering, KSCE, 17(2), pp. 281-291.
- Suh, S., Park, T., Lee, C., and Kim, M. (1992). "A Study on the Estimation of Optimum duration in view of Cost in Building Construction", Journal of Architectural Institute of Korea, 8(1), pp. 209-214.
Supported by : 한국연구재단