- Volume 49 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Numerical analysis of lateral geomorphology changes by channel bed deposition and bank erosion at the river confluence section
합류부 구간에서의 하상퇴적과 하안침식에 의한 평면적 하도변화 수치모의
- Received : 2015.12.28
- Accepted : 2016.03.11
- Published : 2016.05.31
The confluence section of rivers forms complex flow pattern due to inflow discharge variation at the mainstream and tributary. Due to complex flow characteristics, bed change and bank erosion at the local section produce lateral geomorphology changes in rivers. In this study, bankline change by bank erosion and bed change were simulated using CCHE2D of 2-dimensional numerical model for quantitative analysis of lateral changes in the confluence section of South Han River and Geumdang Stream. As a result, bankline at the left-side channel of the mainstream was largely changed in the downstream section of the confluence compared to the upstream section. Also, bank erosion in the tributary was hardly occurred and bankline at the left-side tributary and right-side main stream moved to riverside land due to decreased velocity and deposition.
Bank Erosion;Bed Change;CCHE2D;Numerical Modeling;River Confluence
- Ackers, P., and White, W.R. (1973). "Sediment transport: New approach and analysis" Journal of Hydraulics Division, ASCE, Vol. 99, No. 11, pp. 2041-2060.
- Daum Map. http://map.daum.net/
- Doopedia. http://www.doopedia.co.kr/
- Duan, J.G., Wang, S.S.Y., and Jia, Y. (2001). "The applications of the enhanced CCHE2D model to study the alluvial channel migration processes" Journal of Hydraulic Research, Vol. 39, No. 5, pp. 469-480. https://doi.org/10.1080/00221686.2001.9628272
- Engelund, F.A., and Hansen, E. (1967). Monograph on sediment transport in alluvial streams. Teknisk Forlag.
- Garbrecht, J., Kuhnle, R.A., and Alonso, C.V. (1995). "A sediment transport formulation for large channel networks", Journal of Soil and Water Conservation, Vol. 50, No. 5, pp. 517-579.
- Ji, U., and Jang, E.K. (2014). "Numerical Analysis of Flow and Bed Changes due to Tributary Inflow Variation at the Confluence of the Namhan River and the Geumdang Stream", Journal of Korea Water Resources Association, Vol. 47, No. 11, pp. 1027-1037. https://doi.org/10.3741/JKWRA.2014.47.11.1027
- Jia, Y., and Wang. S.S.Y. (2001). CCHE2D:Two-dimensional Hydrodynamic and Sediment Transport Model for Unsteady Open Channel Flows Over Loose Bed. NCCHE-TR-2001-1, School of Engineering The University of Mississippi, USA.
- Klaassen, G.J., and Masselink, G. (1992). "Planform changes of a braided river with fine sand as bed and bank material." 5th Int. Symp. on River Sedimentation, Karlsruhe, FRG, pp. 13.
- Kwon, Y.S. (2012). Numerical analysis on Bed Changes Considering Variation of Channel Width and Bank Erosion, M.S. Thesis, Myounji University, Yongin, Korea.
- Lai, Y.G., Thomas, R.E., Ozeren, Y., Simon, A., Greimann, B.P., and Wu, K. (2012). "Coupling a two-dimensional model with a deterministic bank stability model." ASCE World Environmental & Water Resources Congress., ASCE 2012, pp. 1290-1300.
- Lawler, D.M., Grove, J.R., Couperthwaite, J.S., and Leeks, G.J.L. (1999). "Downstream change in river bank erosion rates in the Swale-Ouse system, northern England." Hydrological Processes, Vol. 13, No. 7, pp. 977-992. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1099-1085(199905)13:7<977::AID-HYP785>3.0.CO;2-5
- Leite Riveiro, M. (2011). Influence of tributary widening on confluence morphodynamics. Ph. D. dissertation, Ecole polytechnique federale de Lausanne, France.
- Midgley, T.L., Fox, G.A., and Heeren, D.M. (2012). "Evaluation of the bank stability and toe erosion model (BSTEM) for predicting lateral retreat on composite streambanks." Geomorphology, Vol. 145, No. 146, pp. 107-114.
- Minister of Land, Infrastructure and Transport (MLIT). (2009). Basic plan for river maintenance of han river. Minister of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, Korea.
- Minister of Land, Infrastructure and Transport (MLIT). (2012). International hydrological programme report, Minister of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, Korea.
- The Kyunghyang Shinmun [Seoul] (2011). Head cutting of geumdang stream, because 4-river project not flood. August 12.
- Thorne, C.R. (1982). Process and mechanisms of river bank erosion. In: Hey, R.D., Bathurst, J.C., Thorne, C.R. Eds.., Gravel-Bed Rivers. Wiley, Chichester, England, pp. 227-271.
- Wolman, M.G. (1959). "Factors influencing erosion of a cohesive river bank." American Journal of Science, Vol. 257, No. 3, pp. 204-216. https://doi.org/10.2475/ajs.257.3.204
- Wu, W. (2001). CCHE2D sediment transport model(version 2.1), NCCHE-TR-2001-3, School of Engineering The University of Mississippi, USA.
- Wu, W., Wang, S.S.Y., and Jia, Y. (2000). "Nonuniform sediment transport in alluvial river." Journal of Hydraulic Research, Vol. 38, No. 6, pp. 427-434. https://doi.org/10.1080/00221680009498296
- Yumoto, M., Ogata, T., Matsuoka, N., and Matsumoto, E. (2006). "Riverbank freeze-thaw erosion along a small mountain stream, Nikko volcanic area, central Japan." Permafrost and Periglacial Processes, Vol. 17, No. 4, pp. 325-339. https://doi.org/10.1002/ppp.569
- Analysis on the sediment sluicing efficiency by variation of operation water surface elevation at flood season vol.49, pp.12, 2016, https://doi.org/10.3741/JKWRA.2016.49.12.971
- Estimation of River Dredging Location and Volume Considering Flood Risk Variation Due to Riverbed Change vol.18, pp.3, 2018, https://doi.org/10.9798/KOSHAM.2018.18.3.279
Supported by : 국토교통부