- Volume 16 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
The Reciprocal Effects of a Previous Brand Extension and Follower Brand Extension's Market Performance on a Parent Brand of a Follower Brand's Extension Product
선행 브랜드확장과 추격 브랜드확장의 시장성과가 추격확장제품의 모브랜드에 미치는 반향효과
- Received : 2015.01.25
- Accepted : 2016.02.16
- Published : 2016.05.28
The present research investigates the reciprocal effects of a previous brand extension and follower brand extension's market performance on a parent brand of a follower brand's extension product using 2(previous brand extension's market performance: success vs. failure)
Brand Extension;Previous Brand's Extension;Follower Brand's Extension;Reciprocal Effect on a Parent Brand;Enhancement(dilution) Effect
- Martinez, Eva, Teresa Montaner, and Jose M. Pina, "Brand extension feedback: The role of advertising," Journal of Business Research, Vol.62, No.3, pp.305-313, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2008.05.009
- Martinez, Eva and Jose M. Pina,"Modeling the brand extensions' influence on brand image," Journal of Business Research, Vol.62, No.1, pp.50-60, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2008.01.006
- Kirmani, Amna, Sanjay Sood, and Sheri Bridges, "The Ownership Effect in Consumer Responses to Brand Line Stretches," Journal of Marketing, Vol.63(Jan), pp.88-101, 1999.
- 안광호, 한상만, 전성률, 전략적 브랜드관리: 이론과 응용, 학현사, 2013.
- Keller, Kevin Lane, and David A. Aaker, "The Effect of Sequential Introduction of Brand Extensions," Journal of Marketing Research, Vol.29(Feb), pp.1-22, 1992.
- Tait, Bruce, Do Gaps in Marketing Theory Make New Brands Fail?," AdMap, Vol.36, No.6, pp.40-43, 2001.
- Daniel A. Sheinin, "The Effects of Experience with Brand Extensions on Parent. Brand Knowledge," Journal of Business Research, Vol.49, No.1, pp.47-55, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0148-2963(98)00116-7
- Gibson, Richard, "The End of the Line? Overkill on Extensions," in Wall Street Journal, June 18, B1. 1990.
- Loken, Barbara, and Deborah Roedder John, "Diluting Brand Beliefs: When Do Brand Extensions Have a Negative Impact?," Journal of Marketing, Vol.57(Jul), pp.71-84, 1993. https://doi.org/10.2307/1251855
- Volckner, Franziska, Henrik Sattler, and Gwen Kaufmann, "Image Feedback Effects of Brand Extensions: Evidence from a Longitudinal Field Study," Marketing Letters, Vol.19, No.2, pp.109-124, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11002-007-9028-8
- Pina, Jose M., Eva Martinez, Leslie de Chernatony, and Susan Drury, "The Effect of Service Brand Extensions on Corporate Image: An Empirical Model," European Journal of Marketing, Vol.40, No.1/2, pp.174-197, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1108/03090560610637374
- Peter M. Kort, Jonathan P. Caulkinsc, Richard F. Hartl, and Gustav Feichtingere, "Brand Image and Brand Dilution in The Fashion Industry," Automatica, Vol.42(Aug), pp.1363-1370, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.automatica.2005.10.002
- 최정선, 전중옥, "보문: 뷰티브랜드 확장상황에서 희석효과: 전형성에 기초한 브랜드 확장 시 모브랜드의 지식이 전이 되었는가?," 한국의류학회지, 제35권, 제1호, pp.63-76, 2011.
- 김문섭, 정연승, "혁신제품의 브랜드확장이 모브랜드 및 기업브랜드에 미치는 피드백효과," 대한경영학회지, 제23권, 제6호, pp.2973-2994, 2010.
- 이선희, 백상기, 장병희, 윤해진, 문성철, "지상파채널의 브랜드 확장이 모 브랜드 평가에 미치는 영향," 한국언론정보학보, 제61권, pp.28-51, 2013.
- 박성준, 김건하, 한웅희, "모바일 서비스에서 브랜드 확장이 모 브랜드에 미치는 영향," 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제15권, 제1호, pp.399-417, 2015.
- 김기석, 신봉섭, "모브랜드 제품-확장브랜드 제품간 유사성이 확장제품평가에 미치는 영향: 프랜차이즈 브랜드를 중심으로," 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제11권, 제11호, pp.378-389, 2011.
- Gurhan-Canli, Zeynep, and Durairaj Maheswaran, "The Effects of Extensions on Brand Name Dilution and Enhancement," Journal of Marketing Research, Vol.35(Nov), pp.464-473, 1998. https://doi.org/10.2307/3152165
- Czellar, Sandor, "Consumer Attitude Toward Brand Extensions: An Integrative Model And Research Propositions," International Journal of Research in Marketing, Vol.20(Mar), pp.97-115, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0167-8116(02)00124-6
- Dwivedi, Abhishek, and Bill Merrilees, "Brand Extension Feedback Effects: An Asian Branding Perspective," Asia Pacific Journal of Marketing and Logistics, Vol.25, No.2, pp.321-340, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1108/13555851311314086
- J. Shao, J. Zhang, and K. Chen, "Research on Brand Extension Feedback Effects Based on Customer Equity," South African Journal of Business Management, Vol.46(Mar), pp.97-105, 2014.
- Balachander, Subramanian, and Sanjoy Ghose, "Reciprocal Spillover Effects: A Strategic Benefit of Brand Extensions," Journal of Marketing, Vol.67(Jan), pp.4-13, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1509/jmkg.220.127.116.1194
- Morrin, Maureen, "The Impact of Brand Extensions on Parent Brand Memory Structures and Retrieval Processes," Journal of Marketing Research, Vol.36(Nov), pp.517-525, 1999. https://doi.org/10.2307/3152005
- Thorbjornsen, Helge, "Brand Extensions: Brand Concept Congruency and Feedback Effects Revisited," Journal of Product & Brand Management, Vol.14, No.4, pp.250-257, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1108/10610420510609258
- Vicki R. Lane and Robert Jacobson, "The Reciprocal Impact of Brand Leveraging: Feedback Effects From Brand Extension Evaluation To Brand Evaluation," Marketing Letters, Vol.8, No.3, pp.261-271, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1007904412185
- Zimmer, Mary R., and Subodh Bhat, "The Reciprocal Effects of Extension Quality And Fit on Parent Brand Attitude," Journal of Product & Brand Management, Vol.13, No.1, pp.37-46, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1108/10610420410523830
- Swaminathan, Vanitha, Richard J. Fox, and Srinivas K. Reddy, "The Impact of Brand Extension Introduction on Choice," Journal of Marketing, Vol.65(October), pp.1-15, 2001.
- K. J. Chen and C. M. Liu, "Positive Brand Extension Trial And Choice of Parent Brand," Journal of Product & Brand Management, Vol.13, No.1, pp.25-36, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1108/10610420410523821
- Park, C. Whan, Sung Youl Jun, and Allan D. Shocker, "Composite Branding Alliances: An Investigation of Extension And Feedback Effects," Journal of Marketing Research, Vol.33(Nov), pp.453-466, 1996. https://doi.org/10.2307/3152216
- Ahluwalia, Rohini, and Zeynep Gürhan Canli, "The Effects of Extensions on the Family Brand Name: An Accessibility-Diagnosticity Perspective," Journal of Consumer Research, Vol.27(Dec), pp.371-381, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1086/317591
- 허종호, "선행 브랜드 확장의 성패에 뒤이은 대응 브랜드 확장의 성패가 모브랜드에 미치는 반향효과," 광고학연구, 제22권, 제1호, pp.217-231, 2011.
- Martinez, Eva and Jose M. Pina, "The negative impact of brand extensions on parent brand image," Journal of Product & Brand Management, Vol.12, No.7, pp.432-448, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1108/10610420310506001
- John, Deborah Roedder, Barbara Loken, and Christopher Joiner, "The Negative Impact of Extensions: Can Flagship Products Be Diluted?," Journal of Marketing, Vol.62(Jan), pp.19-32, 1998. https://doi.org/10.2307/1251800
- Sandra J. Milberg, C. Whan Park, and Michael S. McCarthy, "Managing negative feedback effects associated with brand extensions: The impact of alternative branding strategies," Journal of Consumer Psychology, Vol.6, No.2, pp.119-140, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1207/s15327663jcp0602_01
- Jean B. Romeo, "The Effect of Negative Information on the Evaluations of Brand Extensions and the Family Brand," in NA - Advances in Consumer Research, Vol.18, eds. Rebecca H. Holman and Michael R. Solomon, Provo, UT: Association for Consumer Research, pp.399-406, 1991.
- Sood, Sanjay, and Kevin Lane Keller, "The Effects of Brand Name Structure on Brand Extension Evaluations and Parent Brand Dilution," Journal of Marketing Research, Vol.49(Jun), pp.373-382, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1509/jmr.07.0418
- S. Y. Jun, Tridib Mazumdar, and S. P. Raj, "Effects of Technological Hierarchy on Brand Extension Evaluations," Journal of Business Research, Vol.46(Sep), pp.31-43, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0148-2963(98)00025-3
- 허종호, 이수, "확장제품의 성패가 모브랜드에 미치는 반향효과," 대한경영학회지, 제24권, 제1호, pp.307-321, 2011.
- 이명천, 신동우, 김정현, "브랜드확장이 모브랜드 평가에 미치는 영향," 광고연구, 제91권, pp.212-239, 2011.
- 양윤주, "브랜드 확장 시 브랜드 희석효과를 조절하는 변수들의 역할에 관한 연구," 마케팅연구, 제18권, 제4호, pp.99-122, 2003.
- Ng, Sharon, "Cultural Orientation and Brand Dilution: Impact of Motivation Level and Extension Typicality," Journal of Marketing Research, Vol.47(Feb), pp.186-198, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1509/jmkr.47.1.186
- John W. Payne, James R. Bettman, and Eric J. Johnson, "Behavioral Decision Research: A Constructive Processing Perspective," Annual Review of Psychology, Vol.43, No.1, pp.87-131, 1991.
- Frank R. Kardes, Consumer Behavior and Managerial Decision Making, 2nd, Pretice Hall, 2002.
- James L. Oakley, Adam Duhachek, Subramanian Balachander, and S. Sriram, "Order of Entry and The Moderating Role of Comparison Brands in Brand Extension Evaluation," Journal of Consumer Research, Vol.34(Feb), pp.706-712, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1086/521905
- Jacoby, Jacob, Jerry C. Olson, and Rafael A. Haddock, "Price, Brand Name, and Product Composition Characteristics as Determinants of Perceived Quality," Journal of Applied Psychology, Vol.55, No.6, pp.570-579, 1971. https://doi.org/10.1037/h0032045
- Paul M. Herr, Frank R. Kardes, and John Kim, "Effects of Word-of-Mouth and ProductAttribute Information on Persuasion: An Accessibility-Diagnosticity Perspective," Journal of Consumer Research, Vol.17(Mar), pp.454-462, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1086/208570
- Tversky, Amos, "Features of Similarity," Psychological Review, Vol.84, No.4, pp.327-352, 1977. https://doi.org/10.1037/0033-295X.84.4.327
- Kumar, Piyush, "Brand counterextensions: The Impact of Brand Extension Success Versus Failure," Journal of Marketing Research, Vol.42(May), pp.183-194, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1509/jmkr.18.104.22.168289
- Vicki R. Lane, "The Impact of Ad Repetition and Ad Content on Consumer Perceptions of Incongruent Extensions," Journal of Marketing, Vol.64(Apr), pp.80-91, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1509/jmkg.22.214.171.12496